It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON State Section Director Harassed by Men In Black

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Allegedly, anyway.

*SNIP*

I thought this was interesting enough to warrant at least a cursory glance. The video doesn't really prove anything, but the guy seems pretty concerned about the presence of the vans and they do seem a bit out of place.

I'm not trying to imply that this is evidence of the MIB, or their harassment of the investigator. Just thought it was kinda cool and wanted to hear what others think.

TheAssoc.

MOD EDIT: Sniped out source.

We do not allow links to ANW. Please see this thread for more info.

[edit on August 8th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Looks like nothing suspicious to me. We have no evidence that it is anything other than two white vans pulling over on the side of the road.

Men in black? More likely to be contractors or delivery drivers. I live in a planned residential community and I commonly see the trucks and vans of contractors pulled over on the side of the road. They pull over to talk on cell phones, wait for other vehicles, consult maps to find directions etc...

That seems more plausible than "men in black".

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Turiddu]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This video was posted yesterday but for some reason the thread is in "myATS" but when I go to click on it, it gives me a 404 error as if it was deleted. So I dunno why it got deleted but I imagine this will suffer the same fate

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Apologies, Mods. I wasn't aware of that policy. I found the article while searching Google News to see if any of the "triforce" UFO's (from the 4chan prank that was supposed to happen) had been reported, and didn't even look to see who was reporting the situation.

From the Sanger Paranormal Society:

These unmarked vans were spotted the following morning, across the street in front of the house where the UFO sighting occured. Jeffery Gonzalez was working in the area that morning and observed the vans and began to record them.
source

TheAssoc.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Doesn't the lore state that the Men in Black usually travel in a black Buick or Cadillac type car?

They must have suffered some budget cuts before they've been reduced to traveling in crumby old white vans.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dimethylmercury
They must have suffered some budget cuts before they've been reduced to traveling in crumby old white vans.

Stupid recession. Even the Men In Black have had to make some cutbacks.

Thanks for posting, everyone.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
it look odd to me, because they just do, Jef whatever is your name, you could've taken a drive by recording so we can see their face or whats inside the van because you didn't do that i'm going to think your messing with us !

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
it was on the news

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
As near as I can tell from the information available, this is the sighting that was being investigated:

Im not sure how long it lasted because we thought we were going to die but you will understand in this description. It felts like minutes but I know it was seconds because we really thought we were going to die! Here is the story: I am reporting this in sadness because of this event my dog died! My daughter went to get the dogs from outside to bring them in (she's 15) and she ran screaming "get out a plane is going to hit us" "run" and she was hysterical. MUFON Case # 24103

Just before 10 p.m. near the intersection of Shaw and Ashlan and between Academy and McCall, the UFO moved over Clovis.

Witnesses said the object was not making any noise and had no visible engines on it. The object came from the south and headed north.
source

Recent reports submitted to MUFON tell of a translucent, wing-shaped craft seen in the skies over California.
Further Reading

Interesting stuff, even without any tangible evidence.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

That MUFON case link is a hell of a story. Sounds like a black triangle crossed with Skinwalker Ranch lol

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Ha ha, MUFON moron telling us he is being stalked by "men in black" and that is all the evidence he presents. Seriously? Yet another nail in the coffin for the once respectable MUFON. You would think, since it is MUFON and he knows today's audience is a bit more sophisticated than in years past, that he would be able to present WAY more evidence to use before simply pushing the LEAST likely explanation.

But that is how Ufology works today. Gather the least amount of data then jump to the least likely conclusion then put it on the internet and watch all the little Ufo fanboys either drool on themselves while worshiping and even embellishing your story for you or watch as they simply say the obvious and make you look like an incompetent investigator.

My vote is for incompetent investigators, as it doesn't take a genius to gather more USABLE information and presenting it.....as others have pointed out above me.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Ha ha, MUFON moron telling us he is being stalked by "men in black" and that is all the evidence he presents. Seriously?

Yeah, I thought it was kinda silly myself, but what can I say? I find these tabloid type stories entertaining and it seemed to be a slow day in the UFO forum, so I figured I'd post it.

Thanks for the replies, all posts starred.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Yeah, Im not seeing anything suspicious going on there. Those look like company vans or maybe they are contractors or maybe they are about to make some kind of drug deal etc....Who knows, but I do know that those arent MIB.

The stories/lore that I have read, the MIB do not stalk you. They are confrontational and in your face and are into scare/intimidation tactics.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The lack of front tags is suspicious... and illegal, in this state, at least.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Isnt it great how some people really believe they are the center of the universe?

This guy is a joke. Obviously those vans are there because of his investigation right?

You know hes sitting there thinking "They must be after me because of what I saw...It is my duty to warn everyone about white vans parked on the side of the road."

"Especially because I haven't seen those white vans before...must mean they're Men in Black and obviously up to no good."

This is why people label UFO believers as wackos. To be honest this video is more embarrassing to me than anything else. Mufon has really disintegrated if they were desperate enough to allow this guy to be a director of anything.

Next thing you know he sees a black guy and an old white guy down the street and its Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And we all know that visitors from outer space have red, flashing
navigation lights on the bottom. I guess they want to observe our
FAA rules so they don't collide with anyone or so other pilots will
see them and navigate around. Yes, it sure looks like a craft from other
parts of the galaxie or beyond. I would freak out and run in the house
too. As far as the vans go, I see utility vans park at various places all
of the time. I have never seen the mysterious MIB's though. At least
not with men in black suits, black sunglasses. My neighbor said he saw
some one time parked in a 1967 Cadillac. Weird stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Perhaps they were from a state that only requires rear a tag/plate.

My state requires a rear tag only, and I never thought of myself as suspicious when I drive through a state that requires front and rear tags.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by draknoir2

Perhaps they were from a state that only requires rear a tag/plate.

My state requires a rear tag only, and I never thought of myself as suspicious when I drive through a state that requires front and rear tags.

Yeah, you're right.

Wonder what state the guy's from...

Edit:

Fresno CA.

Googled this:

California

Currently, California law requires that all passenger vehicles have a front and rear license plate, but citizens are banding together in order to have the front license plate requirement revoked.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by draknoir2]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Real Men In Black use front and rear license plates and no tags

Navigation lights
AirNav Map

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Seeing those white vans just made me think of of utility repair vehicles..

It would have been much better for that investigator to casually drive down past those vans and turn around and get a shot of the rear plates..That is what I would have done immediately..

The part about someone's dog getting killed by a car from the ensuing panic sucks pretty bad...

And because the mufon investigator didn't do a few things right doesn't mean this case is worthless.. no one knows what it was and it made people panic.. usually don't see this happen too often where people go a bit crazy and dogs get run over by cars caused by a ufo sighting.. also a bit much negativity here in this thread.. seems the panic from people in this story is contagious to some here on ats. hah

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join