It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Where is al-Nakba Museum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Dr. Lawrence Davidson: Iran, Israel and the Holocaust
also reprinted here www.redress.cc...
Nakba- the massive dispossession of the Palestinian people by Zionist invaders

the Zionist movement has just as easily convinced most Israeli and Zionist Jews of the correctness of Nakba denial. That is, that the Nakba never really happened and that the history of the founding of Israel was nothing other than the heroic struggle of a people to survive.

the lesson to be learned- what motivates us, and this includes our leaders, is not what is true, but rather what we think is true. ...more often than not the two exist at some distance from each other, and it is then that we often walk off a cliff.

I started to wonder where the al-Nakba Museum may be. Top Google search landed me at Militant Islam Monitor.org. where I read underline mine

January 6, 2006

MIM: The Welfare Association has announced plans to begin an internationally funded "Rememberance" museum to commemorate the hoax of what Arabs call "Al Nakba" (castrophe) which is meant to support the false claim of Arabs to Israel by portraying them as having 'dispossed' in 1948. The museum will not only be an exercise in historical revision, portraying Arabs as the victims of what cynically depict as a Jewish orchestrated Holocaust- (and what they call the resulting (Diaspora) it will be a monument to Jihad

I don't know who is running this website dedicated to World War IV because none of the articles have a name attached as author. Another link landed me here: Hamas Rescinds Nakba-Denial Law which seems to use humor to get a point across.

In the USA, where thousands of people had already been arrested under the new Nakba-denial law by recently-immunized interpol agents, the Hamas announcement was greeted with relief. "My wife got arrested last night at the shopping mall by some guy with a funny accent who comes up to her and says, 'Do you believe the Nakba happened?' 'What Nakba?" she says. 'You're under arrest for denying the Nakba" says the guy as he slaps her in handcuffs. 'What Nakba?!" she asks. 'Now you've gone and done it again,' he says. 'Two counts.'"

It is pretty sad that the conspiracy to erase the Nakba from public discourse in the West has already succeeded. I was trying to imagine what it would be like if some drunken Hollywood celebrity got pulled over and said, "You're not Palestinian are you, Palestinians have caused every terrorist attack ever in the history of the world." And after abject public humiliation, he had to spend time at the Nakba Museum.

But where is the Nakba Museum? While the European Holocaust of the Jews was in progress, the concentration camps were the museums. The European Holocaust of the Jews ended in 1945. There are Holocaust Museums all over the world. Where is the Nakba museum? The Nakba hasn't ended, it just keeps grinding on. The refugee camps in Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine including the Gaza Strip are the Museum. The apartheid wall with its automated guns is the museum. The illegal Jewish only settlements and Jewish only roads on Palestinian land is the museum. The checkpoints, the blockades, the killings of blockade runners is the museum.

You have heard it said that holocaust denial is anti-semitic. No, that may be called Judenhass (Jew hatred). Nakba denial is anti-semitic (against Arabic and Aramaic speakers).

[edit on 8-8-2010 by pthena]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

wow some veryinteresting information here, I have not heard of this before thanks for the enlightenment! I am going to do some more reading on this subject for sure

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333
I've been wanting to do more research myself, but I get distracted by other things, any contribution is welcome.

The internet is a wonderful research tool, so quick, so easy, so liable to get one trying to research too many things at the same time.

I found what looks to be a good source for information: MidEastWeb Group
Their about starts out:

MidEast Web was started by people active in Middle East dialog and peace education efforts. Our goal is to weave a world-wide web of Arabs, Jews and others who want to build a new Middle East based on coexistence and neighborly relations. Our members and staff include distinguished educators, engineers, Web designers and other professionals experienced in dialog, peace education projects and in promoting dialog and coexistence using the Internet.

MidEast Web for Coexistence is a registered non-government organization in Israel.

This seems like a promising place to find thoughtful and insightful discussion.

I admit that I was completely ignorant about the history of Palestine/Israel until I listened to the NPR program: The Mideast: A Century of Conflict A Seven-Part Series Traces the Israeli-Palestinian Dispute, which aired September 2002.

I tend to take a pro-Palestinian stance, partly as a reaction to realizing that all my life I had been fed only one point of view which was completely slanted toward "Israel as the heroic, embattled, seekers of a peaceful existence, against all odds." While that may sound like a wonderful movie plot, it doesn't seem quite helpful when dealing with real flesh and blood people, and what is needed to keep the breath of life in those people.

The other reason for a pro-Palestinian stance is for balance. If I approach a scale with my 2 cents and find 1 billion dollars on one side and 50 cents on the other I don't fool myself into thinking that I should put 1 cent on each side in order to gain balance, no I put both of my cents on the lighter side.

also a link to The Middle East 1916-2001 : A Documentary Record part of The Avalon Project of Yale Law School, Lillian Goldman Law Library, a good place to find source documents.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by pthena]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hello,
I also did a quick search of the term "Nakba museum" a few days ago and found the same information. I searched because after returning from a November 2009 trip to
the occupied land of the Palestinians I wondered if creating such a museum would
help fight the onslaught of Holocaust museums in the world which only drives home
the Israeli message.
I live in the Chicago area and I know if a Nakba museum was to be opened in Skokie,Illinois, where there are so many Holocaust survivors, the outcry and media
attention would be intense to say the least. But, that would serve the purpose of
bringing the issue of the occupation to the forefront. But, I do have a serious concern
about what the supporters of Israel would do to my family to stop such an effort.
It would be interesting to send out a press release stating a foundation to build such
a museum was being started.

We shall see.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Letube

It would be interesting to send out a press release stating a foundation to build such a museum was being started.

I think that's called floating a balloon. Some may call it misinformation if there wasn't at least a modicum of seriousness behind it.

If you've got some original pictures to share, that would be nice. I've never seen it with my eyes, but word pictures do have an impact on me. Some people need pictures though.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I just found another source of Nakba Information: BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights

Mission
BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights is an independent, community-based non-profit organization mandated to defend and promote the rights of Palestinian refugees and IDPs. Our vision, missions, programs and relationships are defined by our Palestinian identity and the principles of international law, in particular international human rights law. We seek to advance the individual and collective rights of the Palestinian people on this basis.
About Badil

Six decades after their initial forced displacement from their homeland, Palestinian refugees and IDPs still lack access to voluntary durable solutions and reparations (which include return, restitution, compensation) based on international law, UN resolutions and best practice.
historical-overview

*Note: IDP stands for Internally Displaced Persons = Palestinians who were displaced within Israel and the occupied Palestinian territory (OPT).
edit on 11-12-2010 by pthena because: To add a quote

top topics

join