It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the men in black.................................suburbans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
wtf......this is at least the tenth time i've noticed these guys.
both in new mexico and arizona.
it's always at flea markets. a black suburban will pull up, 4-6 cleancut guys will get out.
usually wearing jeans, a button down shirt, and plain jacket.
they are all carrying sidearms, pretty much exclusively glocks.
they walk around the flea markets, looking at guns for sale. i've noticed at times they do what looks like copying serial numbers into a small note book.
one guy i know sells military surplus. they spend buckets of money on everything from bdu's to gas masks to mre's.
i've taken a look at these suburbans, all have multiple radios, looks like a police radio, along with whatever, cb maybe.
all these suburbans have darkly tinted windows, winches on the front, inset emergency lights, like on undercover- unmarked law enforcement.
men in black, militia, government law enforcement?
i'm beginning to think they are private contractors, like blackwater.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
remove the light bar on top, and this is basically the vehicle.
i forgot to mention, none of these have government tags, state or federal.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
ATF most likely. They come to the local gun show here. They write down the names of people buying used guns etc. but they have government tags I think.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Trader52]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Trader52]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My guess would be Gov't spooks. Good guess from your description would be ATF checking to see that local gun sales are legit?

I am pretty sure you can rule out MiB as they are just charachters from hit sci-fi movies.

Either that or some uber prepared dudes ready for whatever apocolypse may befall the world.

I personally have 2 radios that I use for working EMS. I carry my low band for everyday use and when I am actually on shift I carry a highband to monitor fire freqs.

Sorry for the off topic tidbit...I don't have a Suburban but my car has tinted windows, fire/ems/police radios, inset emergency lights and I wear BDUs almost everyday for work. Just sayin'

My best guess would be Gov't law enforcement...ATF.

-Nate

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trader52

yea, but this is exactly why i checked tags on basically all of them.
just normal arizona or new mexico tags.
i even took down the plate numbers off a few of them. i'm afraid of putting them into google, black helicopters will show up.
any ideas how to research the tag numbers. no i will not post them here, but i would post info i come up with, besides full names.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

U.S. Marshall's shut down a car dealership here last year. Black Suburban's and Brown Tahoe's. Not all the vehicles had gov tags. I happened to be sitting @ a stoplight when they got there. Never did figure out why they needed 7 vehicles full of people. But I guess some were accountant types and auditors.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by Trader52

yea, but this is exactly why i checked tags on basically all of them.
just normal arizona or new mexico tags.
i even took down the plate numbers off a few of them. i'm afraid of putting them into google, black helicopters will show up.
any ideas how to research the tag numbers. no i will not post them here, but i would post info i come up with, besides full names.

Just sent you a U2U.
Not all Gov't agencies use Gov't tags on thier vehicles...as the above poster stated with the Marshals.

2nd line...gotta go

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
To me it sounds like private contractors or some agency but have no idea which one.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It is most likely BATFE agents. I have seen them at gun shows in the Carolina's. Sometimes they don't use government plates. It makes them feel less obvious.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by MikeNice81]

top topics

join