It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has 4 new submarines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The official IRNA news agency says Defense Minister Gen. Ahmad Vahidi and Navy chief Adm. Habibollah Sayyari attended Sunday's ceremony marking the delivery of the vessels to the Iranian navy.

IRNA says the Ghadir class submarines can fire missiles and torpedoes at the same time and can operate in the Persian Gulf's shallow waters.

www.google.com...

Iran has 4 new submarines, bringing their total submarine count up to 7. Iran is preparing for any future attack and it looks like they are doing it right. These subs can launch missiles and torpedoes at the same time and are able to operate in the Persian Gulf.

"New air defense weapons, radar and data gathering systems are under production and will be handed to the air defense units soon," Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Ahmad Miqani told FNA.

The commander added that Iran has manufactured different active and passive target tracing radar defense systems in recent years, a majority of which have already been handed to the country's air defense units

english.farsnews.com...

Iran has also said that they are in the process of producing better air defense weapons. Iran is definately really stepping up its war preperation.

The Iranian Defense Minister has also said that "Iran’s Air Force is ready respond to any aggression and can prevent reconnaissance flights over the country."
He also said that Iran will move all defense related industry out of the Iranian capital.

www.tehrantimes.com...

Iran must be 100% sure that an attack will be taking place in the near future. They are moving these industrial complexes out of the capital so when the bombing begins, there will be less damage to the capital. I think an attack is immenent.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Isn't it about time we started treating Iran as a Sovereign state and maybe if we did this and offered a little respect as we expect from them, then surely a greater understanding can evolve.....

Good for them if they have some Subs, most developed nations do, it's part of the military you would expect from any growing and developing nation...

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Even Canada has submarines... er a submarine!

Just because a nation has obtained new tech doesn't mean there is war afoot. Most likely Iran would probably rather be attacked than attack if there was a choice between the two.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wardrums are beating. Maybe Iran is covertly beginning mobilization? USA will draw a lot of wrath and revenge on herself, in case of attacking as Israel's doberman.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

firstly to save the trouble of the red necks of ATS, i will get this out the way for them,

these subs will never leave port

our Subs will destroy their subs before they get near any of our ships

my dads going to beat up their dad if they use those subs and yadda yadda yadda

ok that out the way

Iran we have to see diffrent from Iraq , heck even saudi and so on
which other country in the middle east can produce its own hardware even with full support from its american counter parts?

saudi has the most advanced planes from the US, but hasnt got people in its country with the brains to maintain them so has US/UK and so on contracters to do it for them, not supprised they havent rented out ex US and so on personal to man their gear.

a war with Iran wont be like a war with Iraq or afganistan

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here is a list of the top 10 countries by number of submarines

USA 73
China 63
Russia 56
North Korea 26
South Korea 26
India 16
Japan 16
United Kingdom 16
Germany 14
Turkey 13

Iran now has seven subs

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was reading about this as well however it didn't seem like a problem. Britain has there nuclear powered Subs that can last 20+ years never refueling or even surfacing for that matter, and they have two more of the 2.6 billion dollar hunks on the way.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man[/url]

People just do not understand the Arab psychology. At best, many of their people are just not interested in making things work or maintaining them.

The Saudi upper class who make up the majority of officers and senior nco's will not even consider taking a hands on approach but prefer to hire Indians or Pakistanis to carry out menial jobs such as maintenance.

Yes everybody likes things that go "Bang!" but ask them to sponge out the gun they, more often than not, prefer somebody else to do it.

Admittedly attitudes are changing but it will be a long time before Western sponsored Arab nations can stand on their own feet.

[edit on 03/07/10 by fritz]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I agree with the overall assessment of Fritz on this. It will indeed be along time before Western sponsored Arab nations can stand on their own feet.

This is a public propaganda article This submarine is not suited to deep water operations. Also with only two torpedo tubes...firing a missile and torpedo both is not a miracle. Missiles are fired from torpedo tubes just as are torpedoes...by a blast of pressurized water...only to activate some distance from the boat.

There was an article posted on ATS some years ago about the early prototype for this boat. Perhaps I can find it.

Here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are three or four photos of the submarine in this link.

this is the comment I made on the next page concerning this boat.

I will add that what you are looking at here is one of the people coming out of the boat is today Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. When these pictures were taken he was not president.

The photo0 of him coming out of the hatch and someone else standing on the sail portion next to one of the masts....Look at what appears to be a yellow rope tied to the green handrail. This is an extension chord for shore power or at best a sound powered phone line. Not real smart if you have ever had experience with this.
As this boat in the photos is an early first generation boat..I hope they have solved this problem by now. An extension chord running through a hatch is a good way to get a short and damage critical hatch seating surfaces. I had to laugh when seeing those photos for the first time. But one must begin somewhere in the submarine business.

My reply to what was in the photos.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh and one more thing ...go to Google Earth ..those of you who can access it. While the photos are not current I recommend you type in Bandar Abbas, Iran and then click search.

What you are looking at is a large man made port facility. Scan to the right inside the port where the military ships are docked and also there are dry dock facilities. You will see two ships lined up one behind the other in a dry dock. One with a very pointed bow section at the head of the dock and one with a more blunt bow at the dry dock gate. Now look in the other dry dock to the right of this dock. There is a covered building inside the dock. This is how many submarine operations/repairs are done..under complete covers. There appears to be a blue crane between the two dry docks which can service both docks.

Scan to the right and you will see a floating dry dock with what appears to be a Kilo class submarine in it.

Keep scanning to the right past the four warships with the helicopter landing pads on them and you will see four small submarines tied up to the pier facilities all the way to the right. Further on out to the middle of the bay you will also see a Kilo class submarine tied up to the pier.

As you scan back out of the close up..you can also see a large runway and air base. The helicopters appear to be based here when not out to sea.

Very interesting view of Bandar Abbas from Google Earth. Makes one wonder about real time state of the art photos...day and night vision capabilities.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
your analysis looks reasonable

top topics

join