It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of the missing Wikipedia page

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

I seem to recall ATS's mustang/BP story being picked up by CNN too.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity, I also searched for a Wiki entry for GodLike Productions ... no mention of them either ... so ATS is not being singled out primarily.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Made a page. To say it needs work is the understatement of a century. If anybody wants to get on it go. I would like to see how long it takes before it's removed.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Great start. Too bad there is not a page for the mustang scandal. I fear people will just laugh it off simply because Wikipedia has no page for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

And Giant Bomb has pull in the video game industry? It's a bunch of guys in a garage office (actually sorry, they moved out now and joined the rest of Whiskey-Media in a larger garage office.)

GameFAQS is an online game discussion board with nothing to contribute. It has a 5,000 word article.

Those requirements seem to be rather lax.

Yes believe it or not Giantbomb have stroke in the Gaming Industry, a lot of random websites do to be fair (Penny Arcade was voted as one of the most influential websites in regards to gaming either last year or the year before for example)

GameFAQS is part of the Gamespot network, which is definately influential in various ways to the gaming industry.

Jim Marrs books dont count because he is an active member here, one who has collaborated with the site to produce a book.

Wired may count but it was very very recent and I dont think one article which partially attributes ATS as its source is enough. [edit] ah maybe I was wrong about wired I thought they were talking about the mustang news but obviously not.

CNN laughing at truthers definately does not count. If CNN attributed the mustang story to ATS that should count.

You need to fill out that page properly otherwise it will get removed and it wont be because of some dark conspiracy, it will be because it doesnt meet editorial guidelines.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by maskfan]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
en.wikipedia.org...

Made a page. To say it needs work is the understatement of a century. If anybody wants to get on it go. I would like to see how long it takes before it's removed.

Why is the only way I could find ATS on wiki was by typing above_top_secret with underscores between each word ?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

Jim Marr's, one of the worlds most well-known researchers into JFK conspiracy theories, written hundreds of articles, and published multitude of books doesn't count?

really?

No. Seriously. Really?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

They can point to ATS as a hate-group whether it is or not due to the content.

No, ATS is not a hate-group, it is a website designed to do one thing.

Deny Ignorance.

according to the motto "deny ignorance", some may interpret it as a hateful motto, if we pay attention to all the possible meanings of "deny ignorance"

according to my thesaurus, these two words have synonyms.

deny = ignore, *if we deny something exists we are ignoring it exists.
ignorance = innocence = like children.

so denying ignorance could be a phrase synonymous with:
ignore children .... which is promoting child neglect, isn't it?

but it is an interesting/noteworthy group of observations the op shares with us. s&f and thanks for sharing.

-et

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by maskfan

Jim Marr's, one of the worlds most well-known researchers into JFK conspiracy theories, written hundreds of articles, and published multitude of books doesn't count?

really?

No. Seriously. Really?

Yes really if you read Wikipedia guidelines you dont count as a source for Wikipedia if you are financially attached to the business in question.

Guess who wrote a book and co-released it with this site, and who also has their own forum here.

Shall I use the mocking emotes now ?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by maskfan]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

It still doesn't matter, there is hundreds of rather websites on Wikipedia who all are rather lax on their requirements. ATS, even without Jim Mars (who's name alone, regardless of involvement on the site, should count) already achieves (and has done so in 06) the requirements of one (and only one is required) of their requirements.

GameFAQS has been on Wikipedia since when it was it's own entity, before being bought by CBS (not Gamespy, btw) and before it's purchase from Gamespot. It was just a website you went to to chat about games. Hardly noteworthy, published, reputable or held any clout to deserve a page.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

While I certainly see your point I do not agree with your definition.

As I see it the motto of ATS is about denial of ignorance.

Meaning, simply, explore the world, and everything within it so you are not ignorant.

Something I would like to think Wikipedia shares with ATS on some level.

As well, the motto of ATS, means to me that we are not perfect, far from it in fact.

But if you know you know something back it up intelligently.

While being open enough to listen to others perspectives, experiences, and thoughts.

Again, something I see Wikipedia can share, on many levels with ATS.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Never mind.

This is a post fail.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The crime commited by ATS in such a way it doesn't qualify to be listed in Wikipedia is that ATS has freely allowed the discussion of the Jewish misconduct in the world society as well as in America. I think Wiki is a Jewish propaganda tool. Anything dafamatory to the Jews is not allowed in Wikipedia. It is a good reason to be wary about Wiki on what they put in there. You feel disgusted after a while.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

What's this I see?

Looks like it was recently updated today, maybe your thread allowed it to stay up for a while.

Maybe you could ask the Admin to contact Wikipedia about this and ask why it does not meet the guidelines??

(Best way to get a Wiki page about something like an organization or site is to have the owner of it submit the page. This ensures full notability.)

[edit on 8/8/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Like a lot of places in the world, freedom of speech and press is in decline.

It reminds me of how the media treated ron paul when he ran.

Delay, Deny, and Discredit.

I think Orwell said it best.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Maybe Wikipedia is NOT what we think it is as far as structure and independence..............

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Am I missing something? I see a Wiki page for ATS. It's not very detailed, but it's there.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AllseeingEYE

You could take the time to read the whopping two pages of thread before posting to realize that a member of ATS has stated they took it upon themselves to make the start of a page. But that would be asking too much of the average poster on ATS who feels the need to impulsively comment before seeing if their statement or question has already been answered.

Thanks for playing though.

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Above Top Secret's Alexa World Rank # 3,563; US Rank: # 1,421.

1 is best, anything under 100,000 gets special attention from Alexa - and though not the say all - be all and end-all of site ratings, that is pretty good. I'd like to see ATS get in the top 100... heh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join