It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your baby could talk...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Imagine the stories he or she would tell. As adults we sleep eight hours a day and only 20% of that time is REM sleep. REM sleep is what we know as dreaming. We typically spend more than 2 hours each night dreaming.

Imagine, your baby being able to communicate with you when he or she wakes up. Babies require about 16 hours of sleep a day. Of course most of that time is broken up in a few hours at a time. However, babies spend 50% of their time in REM sleep. All those dreams and no way to tell their story. Only if a baby could talk.

Questions for thought:

Since babies spend most of their time sleeping and half of that being in REM sleep, is this the reason why they are so creative at a early age?

If babies dream and have no nothing about our reality, how do they dream dreams?

Did you know...

While most mammals and birds show signs of REM sleep, reptiles and other cold-blooded animals do not.

Snippets taken from: www.ninds.nih.gov/

[edit on 7-8-2010 by bputman]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

If babies dream and have no nothing about our reality, how do they dream dreams?

They don't dream as we do now - or not yet anyways...you need language to create the thoughts and memories that make up our dreams.

But hey - other than that, they are living the dream...no bills, no schedule - just play and nap time.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

How does language make dreams? Dreams are visual not verbal communication. Have any sources on language theory?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have seen some unusually aware babies and toddlers. They just give you one of those looks that screams intelligence. I have asked my Son once if I could ask my grandaughter who was talking at 1.5 years if I could ask her where she was before she was born. It freaked him out so I relented. Has anyone ever posed this question to one so young? Maybe some surprises await....

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

I have verbal thoughts in my dreams - language is needed for that, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by bputman

They don't dream as we do now - or not yet anyways...you need language to create the thoughts and memories that make up our dreams.

But hey - other than that, they are living the dream...no bills, no schedule - just play and nap time.

They actually do talk.

There has been research that baby talk is actually reverse speech.

Follow this link.Babys reverse speech

And some Youtube videos too.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Never came across reverse speech before; that's pretty cool. Now you make me want to grab a tape recorder and record some babies.

Well, looks like the language barrier has been taken care of.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Maybe they would tell us what we have forgotten after years of distractions, that is why we came here in the first place.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

There wasn't a language barrier to worry about to begin with.... Just because some one cannot speak does not mean they cannot dream... With all due respect, that is just a silly notion...

Animals cannot speak yet they can dream.

web.mit.edu...

Hellen Keller was deaf and blind and could not communicate, yet she was able to dream.

Language has nothing to do with dreaming. The fact is we don't know that much about dreams and what causes them, but most scientists tend to suggest that they are caused by the random firing of neurons, while in REM sleep. Some even suggest that it is your brain working out the events of the day... No language is needed for that.

It is a proven fact, that animals who cannot communicate and have no language, can dream..... Why? Because language has nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

i did not know that about reptiles and cold blooded animals not having REM sleep.

do dolphins have REM sleep? technically they don't really sleep, just portions of their brains do at a time. they have to stay conscious enough to surface to breath.

thanks for sharing,
et

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
Imagine the stories he or she would tell. As adults we sleep eight hours a day and only 20% of that time is REM sleep. REM sleep is what we know as dreaming. We typically spend more than 2 hours each night dreaming.

Imagine, your baby being able to communicate with you when he or she wakes up. Babies require about 16 hours of sleep a day. Of course most of that time is broken up in a few hours at a time. However, babies spend 50% of their time in REM sleep. All those dreams and no way to tell their story. Only if a baby could talk.

Questions for thought:

Since babies spend most of their time sleeping and half of that being in REM sleep, is this the reason why they are so creative at a early age?

Did you know...

While most mammals and birds show signs of REM sleep, reptiles and other cold-blooded animals do not.

Snippets taken from: www.ninds.nih.gov/

[edit on 7-8-2010 by bputman]

If babies could talk there would not be anymore cute cooing and crying. I don't want to miss that. Babies are cute little stationery creatures. We need to teach them a lot including communication and feel the joy hearing that little vocals trying to imitate us.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Thanks, I love this thread.

If babies could talk they would say a lot of things.

They would say stop shouting, stop fighting. They would say angels are real and other worlds are real.

They would say please love me, please feed me (which they do say) and please stop fighting and killing each other.

They would say please stop my big sister or brother being mean to me.

And they would say please give me a chance in this world.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

good examples of how children may be communicating in our language, but backwards.

on a related note, even "adults" do the same with speaking in reverse or backwards means, i think:

garden of EDEN

eden [reversed & spelled out phonetically, the way it sounds] nude
*yes, they were nude in the garden of edun

trophy [reversed & spellled out phonetically] effort
*yes, a trophy is nothing more than proof of an effort

shower [reversed & spelled out phonetically] rewosh = re-wash
*yes, every time i take a shower i am re-washing the same parts

boots [mirror image] stood
*yes, boots have been known to have stood

traffic is the number one cause of air pollution...
see = c, i = i, fart = ffart
ciffart [reversed] traffic

so, why is this important to the powers that be to continue "mind raping" children for the knowledge they possess, because it offers the powers that be intimate knowledge of future events, an illusion of control, and layers upon layers of truisms about current, past, and future events as well.

top topics

join