It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

phone calls deleted from phone ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hello... I've read your page a lot but new member..I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules but I really need some insight to a situation my family is having... desperately.

This week, a close loved one died in a single car accident.

While we are deeply grieving, we noticed something very strange... all of the phone calls we made to one another in the aftermath of learning of his passing have been deleted from our phones... only the calls made in a certain time frame and to certain people. Basically the calls that were made within a 2 hour window after hearing the news and to all the people who would be on his contact list. I am the only odd one because in addition to the above, calls I made to my own friends who had no association with him are deleted.. but only the ones in that 2 hour window - calls later that day are gone. My husband called the widow the following day, those calls are gone from his phone. All calls are gone from the widow's phone. My sister called Verizon to simply inquire about missing calls, they told her that her account was flagged for something but they couldn't tell her what for but that no one could delete the calls. We are not insane... at least 15 of us are missing these initial phone calls. Any insight, please I am desperate. This was a simple tragic accident and one car so yes obviously he is the only one to blame for his tragic mistakes. If someone's looking for something, what would they be looking for and why? It's simply too odd to be ignored and never ever have had this happen.. and we are all on different carriers and I'm not even in the same state... It seems like maybe the police were notified of the crash but did not respond for quite a while - could they be covering themselves somehow? Also I will add the family received all the deceased's personal effects except his cell phone.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It seems like maybe the police were notified of the crash but did not respond for quite a while - could they be covering themselves somehow?

Police can not delete records on phones. Only 3 letter agencies Like CIA, NSA, FBI and DHS has the power to hack anyones cellphone and change data at will.

What could have very well happened is the deceased could have knew too much and TPTB had to get rid of him for one reason or another.

Your data is gone on your phones because the records would get in the way of national security.

Seems like the best logical option being that many people had records deleted.

Lesson learned, If you # with the PTB, they will screw you over and they will do i good. And they will be cunning about it.

PS, your post is going to be closed becase you broke the rules of introduction threads, but let me tell you I thank you for bending the rules a little to get this info out. When you make 20 posts, make a new thread on this same topic.!

Peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
sis the decased reserch stuff. what was his job.hobby

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anon8888

I can think of a couple reasons why most, if not all, of this would be done/attempted. What exactly did this loved one do for a living?

edit: nevermind. Others already seem to be on the same track I was heading.

[edit on 6/8/10 by 35Foxtrot]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If the calls were deleted from phones, that is one thing, if the calls were deleted from all phone records that is another.

You should request a printed record of all calls on YOUR phone for that time period.

If the calls are there, no worries, if not you are likely better off leaving it alone... Unless you can hire a good PI to investigate the whole thing, and even then. Be careful.

I've not only had calls and records deleted, I've had IP records deleted.

In your case until you and others involved can check the phone records there isn't much else to say.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It could be as simple as a localised condition with the telephone network.

Years ago I worked for a mobile telicom (in a low level tech support / customer sounding board role) and I learnt that there are certain big old computers within the network called caller location registrars... Now location was not the only function of these computers, basically they kept track of the phone calls for billing etc.

Now normally you would register your phone and stay in the area of your home, so it would make sense that the local CLR would have your details - when you roam into other area's your home local CLR would still normally handle your account until it's seems more efficient to shut your account onto a newer CLR... They do that all the time automatically to keep the networks working efficiently.

But several things can happen, one it that when you register your handset there is simply no space on your local CLR - that's really not a problem as it's just data... Another is where people drift from one CLR umbrella to another and the account is being periodically shunted from one CLR to another...

Really the only problems that customers (and I'm talking about 8 years ago here) had would be that some calls made one month could be billed in a seemingly disjointed non linear way. It was usually due to the account being shunted back and forth a little... It takes a little digging and usually the details are there, the mobile telcoms won't like to devote any time to this because it's expensive to take a person of the line to go chasing details, so they don't do it unless they are pushed.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
These two parts sound strange,

This week, a close loved one died in a single car accident.
"all of the phone calls we made to one another in the aftermath of learning of his passing have been deleted from our phones. Also I will add the family received all the deceased's personal effects except his cell phone.

Are you saying that the numbers you called and not the calls themselves were deleted from your phones, just want to clarify, because phone numbers you call will stay on your phone up to a certain amount...say 10 to 15. I think you would have to delete those "stored" numbers yourself until you go over the storage limit of your device. any new number dialed will delete one of those stored in the memory. I hope that helps

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by anon8888

Hi im new here too..so hi all.A couple of yrs back i had odd things happen to me regarding my land line and mobile phones...It was saturday night and i went out with friends,my partner was tired and stayed in an had an early night..At around 10:30 she was woken by the house phone (land line)ringing..she answered and it was the police..they were very worried about her as they said my mobile phone had rang them with a very distressed male saying we were both being attaced!..my mobile was on the mantlepiece! and i was still out.My partner tried to explaine to the police that my phone was with her,and she was ok an i was out!The police left it at that and my partner still confused went back to bed..an hour later the same thing happened again.I came home to find my partner very upset and the police unable to explaine what happened.So please if anyone has any ideas as to what or who used my mobile phone to report a distressing situation to the police id be very gratefull.Thankyou..

top topics

join