It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran War Propaganda Debunked in Under 7 Minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Scott Horton of Antiwar Radio calmly and confidently debunks the accusations against Iran. This video gives excerpts of his comments. You want to watch this video, I promise.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Not much else to say except this is a good video, and anyone who might be lurking and is all gung-ho about Iran should watch it and wake up.

s+f

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

All I can say is Wow! Excellent find! More people need to hear what this man is saying, and do the research themselves, as they will come to the exact same conclusions.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
So there we have it.

Sixteen known alphabet agencies all swearing, under oath that Iran does not have, nor is developing a nuclear weapons platform.

All sixteen of them!

Yet, the pre-war propaganda machine is still in full swing..the politicians and Wests' MSM take every opportunity to try and instill fear and loathing towards Iran...why is that?

Could it be that Israel, has finally infiltrated the US government (not apparently the bulk of it's sixteen agencies..yet), to such an extent that it is now dictating US foreign policy? Or at the least, heavily coercing those who do make it.

If there is no WMD programmes...no weapons grade Uranium, no refusal of treaty inspections, and no acts of war committed by Iran...why exactly is there a drive to invade Iran?

Does Israel have it's eyes on Iranian oil? Is it more of the same old war for oil, backed by tissues of lies and fear mongering from 'on high'?

Something coming out of the US government stinks...again!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
IMO War is a last resort... not for the reason people think, but because a calculated economic collapse of Iran didn't work; a overthrow of regime didn't work (remember the elections); the Intelligence agency/CIA Jackals didn't work (recent car bombing thing); I think war is all that's left on the list. Hell I think they even tried H.A.A.R.P. If no one has any idea what I'm talking about take a look at a documentary Called: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman, John Perkins. I saw it years ago on Netfix. I've also seen him in (bear with me) Zeitgiest Addendum. I do agree with most of what he (John Perkins) is saying.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Good work OP , great clip and I couldn't agree more .However I think the sheeple won't buy it because he doesn't wear a tie and have hollywood teeth .
If you know what I mean ? Some can't see the forest for the trees .

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think it is common knowledge that Iran is not CURRENTLY developing a weapons platform, that we know of.

The worry is they are developing the CAPACITY to manufacture and process weapons grade material.

And they have been less than forthcoming with their nuclear technological development. Their secrecy surrounding their nuclear materials is what they are worried about.

Does this justify an attack on Iran?

In my opinion, no, but you know what they say about opinions.

It is also my opinion, Iran will be attacked, no matter what anyone says. The pressure is mounting, and will soon be released, one way or the other.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I like the part at the end when he talks about the implications for the global economy.

Part of the plan?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Nothing at all new here about Iran for anyone who's been paying attention. Nice summary of most points. He sort of left out the reason we want control though...of all the countries from Lebanon/Syria all the way through a path to Pakistan.

He alluded to the Strait of Hormuz, but it really includes all the sea and land chokepoints for the transport of natural gas/oil/water to India and China. He left out that Russia wants control of these too.

Because whoever controls those, pretty much controls the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Who is anyone to talk about what another country does within its own borders? Would you like it if Iran and all of Asia blocked the US off, made threats of war and other things because they funded banks and lost a ton of money?

The US telling Iran what to do is like me telling my neighbor 10 blocks down that he can't own o produce gunpowder because he might use it against me... Come on people! WAKE UP!!!

Iran is a NPT member, and conformed to the law by informing the UN 6 months before they started production of their intentions for energy purposes...

They are following the law, they are fulfilling their obligations with the inspectors, they are doing everything right... So why are people wanting war with them?

This is total BS

Magnum

[edit on 10/8/6 by Magnum007]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

The guy references in the video that it would take quite some time for the capabilities to become available... as in the time it would take to get everything into weapons grade etc etc.

I for one am not worried about Iran at all. Most of the bad image we obtain of them seems highly biased so I decided not to believe any of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Great thread!

An act of arrogance on my side is, me and a friend have made a bet in regard to a possible Iran war. He says it won't happen. I say it'll happen before the 1st of december. I hope he wins, of course.

I remember I told a female American friend on the Internet about the Iranian president's debate challenge, and she was like, "Are you serious? That man isn't worth debating with", and I said, "Isn't it better to debate him than to bomb his country back to the Stone Age?" And she replied, "You know, I won't discuss this with you."

Edit to add: This was actually meant to be posted in another thread about Iran, but it fits in both. Sorry.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Great video. S&F'ed.

One question, as always...

The decision has been made. The plans have been made. They time has been set already (probably). What can anyone DO to stop it?

It is the fact that people have no power to influence that needs addressing. This is not defeatist but a statement of fact.

Yes, education is vital. It is however useless if no change comes of it.

Reading, understanding and communing with people of a like mind will make one feel better. It will not stop any of this happening. I wish so much that I am proven wrong.

It is time for great minds to think together and propose solutions that can be acted upon.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Thanks for posting this. Excellent find and so true.
But I guarantee, it still won't convince the Iran doom merchants.

You should send this video to the British Prime Minister David Cameron.

Britain's Cameron criticized for Iran nuke gaffe.
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just FYI. 20% is weapons usable. WE need 90-95% for OUR weapons. They would not. A nuke made with weapons usable would have the same effect as our smallest nuke... the Davey Crockett, a small 2 person operated rocket nuke.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
Just FYI. 20% is weapons usable. WE need 90-95% for OUR weapons. They would not. A nuke made with weapons usable would have the same effect as our smallest nuke... the Davey Crockett, a small 2 person operated rocket nuke.

Humm what? And what would Iran gain from building such a device? We have already conventional bombs delivering similar punch to this dirty bomb. It would only be a political suicide, no strategic advantage or "nuclear deterrent"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The thing is though Iran has two choices, it can either sell its country to Western governments and corporate interests OR it can choose to basicaly not to co operate.

Iran understands full well what non co operation means, a war, which will more than likely completely destroy there nation and the live of millions of people. Is that really worth it?

Whats really so bad about loosing your national sovereignty and embracing this new technological singularity we are headed for under a coalition of the most dominant super powers on the globe?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Personally, I think Iran isn't really a significant threat at this time. However, no matter what we do, a war with Iran is going to happen.

If people don't back the war, it's possible that a staged crisis in the form of a nuclear staged terrorist attack could occur in a major city; it would almost certainly be blamed on Iran; all distrust for our government, and skepticism about Iran possessing a nuclear weapon would likely evaporate as fast as the people near the nuclear-blast; Obama would use the cyber-security bill to cut all communications, round up the dissidents, push for unlimited power, and proceed to wage war with Iran.

Half jokingly, I hope I don't get a heart-attack or stroke, die suspiciously, commit suicide, vanish mysteriously, or end up arrested on manufactured charges or something

[edit on 17-8-2010 by KJ_Lesnick]

top topics

join