It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government is censoring the war time emails sent home to manipulate the U.S. citizens.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Short and sweet the war is not what we think or see.

the emails my freinds receive is so badly alered from what the soldiers show them the original was that they are out raged how much our troops are trying to desperately tell us back home and the government says they sensor them for our benefit.

complete disgraceful behavior they have us eating out of there hands...

Be Well

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

It's totally dishonest and unacceptaable, and of course, the only people they are protecting is themselves - they are afraid of us knowing the truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Good point. Yes, the military censors mail, email, phone calls, and news and a lot of other things depending on the situation and where someone is deployed. They've never hidden this fact. And at times, there are very good reasons for doing so to not give away things like troop positions or movement to people who have no need to know.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I believe this may be happening, but it may not be specifically in the same context as you have laid out.

The other side has access to the internet as well, and by putting bits and pieces together, they may be able to utilize it in their behalf - hence, your friend getting grabbed and beheaded.

This is not to say that what you have pointed out is not occurring, and that certain inflammatory remarks may be omitted to reduce public outrage, but the other side of the coin needs to be looked at as well - unless you have an agenda here.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Could you provide one example of a pre and post e-mail.
I would be interested to know if the censorship is strictly related
to troop placement, movement, planning, etc., anything that would
compromise armed forces safety.

Or is this censorship including opinions not related to safety but as your
headlines suggest, related to anti-war sentiment and the reasons
behind it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I guess that is why America continues legally tapping and listening to American phone calls.

We don't know, we are not a threat to them, so we will never know.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It seems implausible that a troop would send an email from say hotmail, and that someone intercepts, decrypts, modifies, and then resends all in the same session/token just to censor someone's email.

Especially considering the troops are going to probably talk to their families and friends over the phone and when coming home.

I have a lot of military friends, being ex military myself and nobody has ever even mentioned something like this.

Its also funny that some posters have seemed to just believe the OP that has no proof or not even an actual source.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Zaxxon]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaxxon

ever bin to North Korea you is wrong freind thats exactly what is happening ..

scary but true

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

i heard this from several people thats why i posted dont know if theyll give me the emails i can look through mine maybe i got one still however it isnt related to strategic anything just moral and personal demons.

emotional damage control for us bleeding heart civilians

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This was standard practice during WWII and probably the best weapon in our arsenal. Had the American public known the extent of the casaulties and losses suffered at places like Pearl Harbor, Bataan/Corregidor, Normandy, Tarawa, the Hurtgen Forest, etc the American public would have demanded a peace treaty and a withdrawal.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
[edit on 7-8-2010 by Copernicus]

top topics

join