It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churchill banned UFO report to avoid mass panic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Churchill

news.yahoo.com

LONDON (AFP) – British wartime prime minister Winston Churchill banned the reporting for 50 years of an alleged UFO incident because of fears it could create mass panic, according to claims made public on Thursday.

The grandson of an RAF officer who was one of Churchill's personal bodyguards wrote to Britain's Ministry of Defence in 1999 about the alleged incident.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-8-2010 by 19872012]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Aliens exist people. Get out of your denial shells. Disclosure is here!

This is such huge news. Why isn't it breaking news? It should be on the front of every paper in the world!

Unless the guy is lying, or Churchill was lying, it is now fact we HAVE BEEN VISITED.

amazing! never thought the day would come this soon.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Sorry mate, but that whole story is nothing more than hearsay, there is no confirmation that Churchill made that statement, it was apparently overheard by one of his bodyguards and then relayed to someone else.

Even if Churchill did make the statement, it in no way confirms the visitation of aliens to this planet, just that whatever was observed was unidentified, and that Churchill did not want to cause a public panic.......understandable considering we had just come out of a world war.

You might find the UFO files released today by the UK government interesting you can see them HERE

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
Unless the guy is lying, or Churchill was lying, it is now fact we HAVE BEEN VISITED.

I agree; it's not fact.

Too many terrain explanations that cover unidentified flying objects and other associated scenarios...

This is a misdirect that I think is intentional.

Shame on them!

Edit for clarification.

[edit on Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:41:18 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My dad has been fascinated by these latest releases and earlier he confessed that he has seen more than one UFO. He was airline cabin crew on 747's for 35 years and he claims he has seen 2 ufo's. He never mentioned it until tonight, I think he was worried I'd take the piss. I have no reason not to believe him but I'm pretty sceptical of Aliens visiting earth

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yes there are already several threads on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Churchill was interested in UFO's this was written in a note to a minister
"What does all this stuff about flying saucers amount to? What can it mean? What is the truth? Let me have a report at your convenience."

itn.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

This story is part of a bigger picture, the british goverment released a horde of UFO documents earlier this week, this was one of the case studies inside the horde of documents released, it had notes, memos of meetings and more.

I persoanlly think this story is very very credible.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11
"What does all this stuff about flying saucers amount to? What can it mean? What is the truth? Let me have a report at your convenience."

I remember reading that in Timothy Good's "Above Top Secret", to the best of my recollection it is the only time that I have heard of Churchill being in any way connected with UFOs until now.

From the above statement it doesn't sound like he was "in the loop" concerning this matter, as I remember the minister reported back to him that they were just misidentified aerial phenomena and that the Americans had come to the same conclusion.

All of this seems rather at odds with these new reports which would seem to indicate that he knew of the extraterrestrial nature of these objects, no?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11

That tells me that even Churchill was out of the loop...interesting thought...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibex08
reply to post by Argyll

This story is part of a bigger picture, the british goverment released a horde of UFO documents earlier this week, this was one of the case studies inside the horde of documents released, it had notes, memos of meetings and more.

I persoanlly think this story is very very credible.

Okay.......can you show me the document?

I have the PDF's (and there are a hell of a lot of pages) but I haven't seen the one with notes and memo's of meetings relating to this topic.

I'm not saying it isn't there, but you have obviously seen it, and I'd be grateful if you could show it to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There's more on this spreading across the news today, this article, among others:

UFO files: Winston Churchill 'feared panic' over Second World War RAF incident

Winston Churchill was accused of ordering a cover-up of a Second World War encounter between a UFO and a RAF bomber because he feared public "panic" and loss of faith in religion, newly released secret files disclose.

The former Prime Minister allegedly banned reporting of the “bizarre” incident, off the east coast of England, for half a century amid fears disclosures about unidentified flying objects would create public hysteria.

He is said to have made the orders during a secret war meeting with US General Dwight Eisenhower, the then commander of the Allied Forces, at an undisclosed location in America during the latter part of the conflict.

The claims are contained in thousands of pages of declassified files on UFOs, released on Thursday online by the National Archives.

The 18 files, which cover from 1995 to 2003, are made up of more than 5,000 pages of reports, letters, and drawings drawn from correspondence with the public and questions raised in parliament.

The allegations involving Churchill were made by the grandson of one his personal bodyguards, an RAF officer who overheard the discussion, who wrote to the Ministry of Defence in 1999 inquiring about the incident after his grandfather disclosed details to his family.

According to the series of letters, written by the guard's grandson who is now a physicist from Leicester, a reconnaissance plane and its crew were returning from a mission over occupied Europe when they were involved in the war incident.

During their flight, on the English coast, possibly near Cumbria, their aircraft was approached by a metallic UFO which shadowed them.

More Here: www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

top topics

join