It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLASH OF THE TITANS 2010: The political, Religious, Mythological Aspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The 1981 version is one of my favorites. Last night I watched the CLASH OF THE TITANS 2010 version, I thought it was great, adding it to my favorites. It was basically the same movie but a little different, however this time it made me think of the Political, Religious, and Mythological aspects of the film. One thing that stuck out in my mind was the "Problem,Reaction, Solution, aspect and I started to think maybe this was a angle the elite were trying to get across, the elite thinking of themselves as the Gods which need prayers and worship. If they do not get it and the people become educated and rebellious the gods must bring destruction to the world to keep the people praying to them and worshiping them.

What are your thoughts on the films if you have watched them?

Below is a 10 min. video link which says you can access the full version for free

Check it out and enjoy.

Video link : www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowRamesses

Hmm, watched it recently and was quite unimpressed - why does CGI look worse in high-definition?

I vaguely recall some ham-fisted attempts at metaphor going on throughout, but the main message I got from it was about the dumbing-down of society and how we're willing to switch off our brains and consume/conform/obey with junk like Clash Of The Titans...

Although, it could be seen as drawing a parallel with christianity, old gods dying out, no longer relevant, vying for attention with "natural disasters" etc.

Meh - crap film.

new topics

join