It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water flows on Mars!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Damn!

I stand corrected!!

That was a very interesting link and i'm not so confused now!

Thanks for that Hammerite!

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If mars had volcanic activity in its past, would that make the planet shrink as all the lava is coming to the surface? Posted by Raven Star

Hi Raven!

No, it wouldnt make the planet shrink. Law of the conservation of mass: Mass cannot be created or destroyed, only changed in form. I suppose if enough magma was released on the surface, it would just drepress the underlaying crust further down. The volume of material would remain constant, but the magma would be displacing what was originially there.

Hope that clears things up!

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hmmm... It is an interesting article I will say. It seems to be a modified version of a theory floated around the turn of the century though. At the time, heat measurements were being used in crustal cooling calculations to determine the true age of the planet, and they were coming up with incredibly young ages, as young as 2000-3000 years. These discrepancies were explained as a layer of radiactive isotopes existing at the bottom of the crust/top of the upper mantel (supported by the statement in the article that the radioactives readily bond with silicates, which are the main constituent of the crust/mantel) were decaying, releasing heat at a much higher rate than released by the core.

The other problem I see with this is that we currently have no evidence or proven mechanism for the direct conversion of charged particles/radiation into a magnetic field. The current theory holds that the magnetic field is created by slow movement of the inner mantle around the core, basically as a giant dynamo or generator, forming electrical induction through the physical movement.

It is interesting though, and I would be interested if he comes up with more evidence.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is all quite similar to what Galileo wrote about in 'The Dialogue'. But seriously I am enjoying this dialogue, and learning from it as well!

Personally I think Mars is a dead version of earth and Venus is a "just forming" version of earth. Which would explain why the Cabal would want to run to the old version-- their houses are already built.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Even if there is sufficient water on Mars, solar radiation may kill off any possible life forms on the planet...

www.unknowncountry.com...

Or so the cabal would like you to think!

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
theoretically, if matter is consumed by a black hole, then it could possibly be destroyed, or at least reach a point where it is irretrievable.

as for mars, we simply know not enough about it to make any case anything more than a fact-based theory. there could be anything there, and until we get there we won't know. i don't like to theorize on something like this, simply because there are way too many variables. first of all though, who says life on mars would be like earth life, it could be based on anything. silicon anyone? just cause there is no atmosphere, it means not that they have to breath. many sci-fi things have given cases in which species survive in space with little or no atmosphere. it doesn't seen all that farfetched. besides any civilisation on mars would likely NOT want to contact us. with our microwave hotdogs, and canned cheese. earth is like the alabama of the galaxy. nothin but thumpstumpin bipeds with nothin better to do then teel each other how to do things. except for that 'elite' few, cough 'cabal' cough. that are prepared to leave us behind because 'they're on another level' oh well, what does that mean for us. not much. i'm tired screw this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join