It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian Bulls-eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I wish I knew how to embed photos...this is a VERY ineresting photo of a very unusual crater on Mars that they can't explain...gotto go see this!

"Alan Boyle says: Does lightning strike twice in the same place? How about meteors striking Mars? This image, captured by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, suggests that a cosmic bullet could have hit almost smack-dab in the center of a crater created by an earlier impact. Or it could be the result of just one impact messing around with the Red Planet's layered terrain. Either way, the picture adds to the orbiter's store of weird and wonderful pictures from Mars"

Source and more photos

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

I wish I knew how to embed photos...this is a VERY ineresting photo of a very unusual crater on Mars that they can't explain...gotto go see this!

Here ya go

[edit on 5-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

Well yes, it could happen..
There are some wierd and wonderfull sights right here on planet earth to prove that.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That looks like a volcano..... I am looking up what it is called, but there is a giant dead volcano on the surface of mars.

edit: olympus mons is what it is called.

There are other volcano's as well. They volcano's get huge due to low gravity and lookd like bull eye's because there are no tectonic plates and the volcano erupts over the same exact location over millions of years. This is unlike earth. I would like to see an off-center picture of this.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by DINSTAAR]

new topics

top topics

join