It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Wants World To Stop Arming Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Russia is at it again, asking the world to stop giving arms to the country of Georgia.

“A number of patrons of the 'Georgian democracy' are still seeking to use every pretext to re-equip Georgia's military and involve them in various international operations,” Karasin said in an interview with Itar-Tass news agency. Therefore, he went on, Russia calls for an arms embargo on Georgia which should primarily refer to offensive weapons and military hardware.

According to the diplomat, this measure would considerably reduce the risks of recurrences of Georgian aggression. It is now a fact that “a larger part of the world community has finally learnt… the truth about the August 2008 events in South Ossetia,” he said.

“It was Mikhail Saakashvili who gave a barbaric order to attack peaceful Tskhinval, to shoot at South Ossetian people and Russian peacekeepers. And it is an established fact,” he stated.

Source

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Well in that case...

I'd like the world to stop agreeing to engage in warfare althogther.

I wonder if I have to be a nation to make these requests.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Considering Georgia is a US ally, I could see how this situation could get ugly. Im definantly not a fan of the Georgian government at all. About a week ago, the Georgian president told the country to prepare for war with Russia. In the last war in 2008, Georgia were the ones to attack South Ossetia, and then Russia intervened. Im not sure if the Georgian people even like their government at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
[edit on 4-8-2010 by CanadianDream420]

top topics

join