It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog eats man's toe and saves man's life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Apparantly this dude was passed out in a drunken stupor when his dog chewed off his toe.

From source " Dogs that bite are not ordinarily lavished with praise, but Jerry Douthett's little dog Kiko is being hailed as a lifesaver. Kiko apparently sensed an infection festering in his master's right big toe -- and chewed most of it off after Douthett passed out in a drunken stupor"

Now here's where the philosophy part comes in from astoundingly far away out in left field

"A trip to the hospital confirmed Douthett's digit required amputation, and Kiko is being heralded by his owner for helping him"

This is bizarre that the dog is being heralded isn't it? It supposedly sensed the infection and that's why it did what it did.

www.mlive.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

With a headline like that, who could resist? Crazy story! He had to be really drunk not to wake up, but then again with diabetes there is numbness in affected areas sometimes.
Need amputation and wanna save money? Drink 4-5 beers and 2 giant margaritas, leave the desired area exposed, wake up and it's done!
"Sleeps with shoes on,"

spec

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Cool story. Man's best friend. Need I say more.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ugh! That's toe-tally disgusting..
Sorry, had to or I'm sure my head would've popped.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I sure hope the dog never gets sick from eating the toe.
That would be awful.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

With a headline like that, who could resist? Crazy story! He had to be really drunk not to wake up, but then again with diabetes there is numbness in affected areas sometimes.
Need amputation and wanna save money? Drink 4-5 beers and 2 giant margaritas, leave the desired area exposed, wake up and it's done!
"Sleeps with shoes on,"

spec

Thanks.

You are hilarious.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
Cool story. Man's best friend. Need I say more.

Thanks. Yeah, that dog actually helped him. It's just bizarre.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
Ugh! That's toe-tally disgusting..
Sorry, had to or I'm sure my head would've popped.

I got to give you a Hand for that one though

You sure don't have a problem thinking on your feet

I'm guessing that you really keep those around you on their toes

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

I sure hope the dog never gets sick from eating the toe.
That would be awful.

Yeah that's a good point. toe -dung?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Animals have MUCH keener senses than we do. My youngest is hyperactive as hell. Our cat can't stand to be around her but if Kathy is sick the cat stays with her. Protection like.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Im not sure this is philosophy and metaphysics in any way, but, its interesting.

Im not so sure the dog would be hailed as a hero for removing the infected appendage had the man had gonorrhea, however.

Just sayin'. Id rather have a surgeon evaluate the need to amputate infected portions of my body than my pets.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I actually suspect that is where the old wives tale of cats sucking the breath out of babies or suffocating them while they sleep came from.

I bet what really happens is the family cat senses that there is a problem with the baby, (like crib death) and goes into the crib to be with it, and then when people see the cat in there with the dead baby, they blame the cat.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

"Sleeps with shoes on,"

What about his fingers? Some of those knitted metal gloves, maybe.

If toes aren't available......

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by took red pill

"Sleeps with shoes on,"

What about his fingers? Some of those knitted metal gloves, maybe.

If toes aren't available......

Hell, what about mesh underwear.

See where you brought us to?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
People are hailing this dog as a hero, fair enough, every dog has his day and all that, but all I see is a greedy little pooch mistaking his owners manky toe as a fine bit of Wensleydale, perhaps more likely a piece of Stilton.

Also, they say that the dog saved the owners life but I read that the mans toe had been swollen for ages and he had done nothing about it. It even began to smell funny but he was reluctant to get it seen by a doctor. I could have told him something was wrong (and thus saved his life) WITHOUT having to eat his cheesy toe.

I suppose all I'm saying is: there is a fine line between a dog saving his owners life and a dog chewing his owners toe off

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Im not sure this is philosophy and metaphysics in any way, but, its interesting.

Im not so sure the dog would be hailed as a hero for removing the infected appendage had the man had gonorrhea, however.

Just sayin'. Id rather have a surgeon evaluate the need to amputate infected portions of my body than my pets.

yeah, the philosophy part was about the way that the guy looked at the whole thing. as if it were meant to be. that's just silly.
like the poster on the site says about the bear being hungry and it ate somebody , but , hey, it's all for the best...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
haha I saw this story on yahoo.com when I was checking my mail the other day. Crazy stuff. Also I read one that in the World Sauna Championships some dude died in the sauna. LOL

new topics

top topics

join