It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP says 'static kill' successful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
well hear it is bp saying they have fixed it

does everyone think this is true

or wil we find out in the next few month that it was the biggest lie ever
and thing are going to go from bad to worse

i suppose only time will tell but i hope with all hope they have sorted it for the people in the gulf. wel heres the link

www.bbc.co.uk...

thoughts

new link
Majority of BP spill 'dealt with'

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by digby888]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Wow the info in that link sure was short, thats all they have to say after doing something they consider successful. I don't think its going to take a month to find out this isn't going to work. Thank you OP, at least they are saying something now.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
WELL DONE BP

Hopefully things will soon get back to normal and the doomdayers will find something new to hark on about !!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Uhm.. I haven't really been keeping up with the whole gulf of Mexico situation but wasn't the leak supposedly fixed 1-2 weeks ago?

What happened to that? Was that another lie? I'll be waiting to see if this is another lie before celebrating.

Pretty much all we get is lies, lies and lies and people still believe almost everything the government or the corporations tell them.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm very dubious with the MSM feeds - turned on Sky news this morning and the same 'breaking news' regarding the success was ticking along the bottom of the screen. Seems as if they've got it all under control huh? So quick, when it took them weeks and weeks when it first blew, stuffing anything and everything into it, old rope and tyres I think they used at some point. And as soon as they get back to the site, they stop it. I agree with some other post that I saw on a thread that this whole spin is to do with big bucks and the share value - if they're seen as being successful, they go up, if they seem as if they're NOT in control of the situation, they're going down. Lawsuits have already cost them (as the MSM lead us to believe) of $10 billion.

I'm pissed off with the MSM, so now, ATS is my main source of information, sod Sky TV, that Kay Burley is one of the most patronising up her own ass news presenters out there

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
All I have to say about this is "We'll see."

With the enormous pressures they're dealing with, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if another leak sprung up either in the sea floor, or further down the main pipe where they won't be able to cap it so easily.

Here's to hoping they see static pressure on that head.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Hip, hip, hooray! Hope this is true.

First drink of the evening will be a toast to the boys in the gulf.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Being they have now completely blocked any news coverage, and they have mysteriously abandoned the relief wells, and they were caught playing loops of the feed yesterday, and they have been deceptive since the beginning about everything, WHY should we trust anything we hear? Ole Thad will have him a cushy contract position with BP when this is over with (of course, you realize he was pursuing BP before the spill).

[edit on 4-8-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I can't post a topic yet, but I my initial thoughts were...

Days before the relief wells are complete, NOW!?!?! NOW the static kill works, even though it failed before.

Count me skeptical. This is all too good to be true.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The EXXON spill is still not cleaned up to this very day and never will be. They wear cleaning it for years. It was only 10million gallons. BP is not done sealing the well yet. They say they will be done in mid aug, witch is when they will poor cement down the well.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I was glad that it seems they have stopped the gusher, it is good news indeed. However this has left me somewhat sad that I cannot trust some of the conspirators like Alex Jones, Lindsay Williams, the web bot project. Web bot said that 1.2 billion people will die from this spill. Now it is capped (seemingly). So tell me, how can we trust anything else web bot says? I for one have decided to abandon the doomsayers and stick with logical people. The world has suffered enough grand illusions to last a lifetime. www.overcomers.ca

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by vissfam

Just hold your horses cowboy.. you don't have to make your mind up.
Just wait and see, perhaps it's fixed, maybe it's not.
No need to take the words of Alex Jones or the web bot as gospel, and that goes for BP and the government too.
Even if it's fixed things may get way worse, we don't know what will happen with all that corexit.. it might just poison a million people, who knows the effects all of this will have on the ecosystem?!

We'll all know in due time, let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

top topics

join