It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls for Execution of Wikileaks Whistleblower

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I cannot believe my eyes. Death penalty for publishing documents that should be public in the first place?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

This congressman is a moron, ....

How is this whisteblower even a traitor ????

He leaked evidence TO the american people !!! Who the Gov. is supposed to represent, ... not oppress.

YEA! I want to call for execution of Rep. Mike Rogers for conspiring to murder a soldier from the United States ARMY.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As much as I think that governments should have NO sercets from the public, this is a pretty cut and dry case.

Did Bradley Manning transfer classified information to an international body?
Yes

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I'm reading this and realizing that none of you have actualy been in the position of being put in harm's way due to someone committing treason. Speaking from experience, when you join the military, you no longer have the freedoms that you did as a civilian. You fall under military law. It is called the Uniform Code of Military Justice. You sign up and understand that when you go in.

What this Private did, allegedly, during a time of combat operations is Treason, and is punishable by death. Some information/intellegence is kept classified for a reason. Not for conspiracy purposes, but for the safety and well being of those of us who were/ are out there in the line of fire.

Granted, everyone wants to know ALL of the information, so do I. I however understand something that not many people do. If we know, so do the bad guys.

I have never been put in harm's way because of a treasonous act, as far as I know, but my Uncle was killed in the line of duty becasue of a similar act.

Sorry, but he knew what he was doing, and that it was wrong. He knows how he, as a military man is to be judged.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This statement is desipicable, and I'm afraid smacks of inside knowledge that the outcome of any trial has been decided in advance. Such statements serve to prep the public. The US gets more like Iran every day.

It's rich, coming from the government which lies, deceives, defrauds, agrees to US citizens being murdered by the authorities without and judicial process, refuses to expose the murderers of 9/11, and which accepts as President someone whose birth details are dubious at best.

It is so obviously a political statement, designed to put fear into potential whistleblowers and to undermine Wikileaks.

IMO it's all the more reason to expose the real criminals for what they are.

Manning was actually doing his duty as a soldier according to his oath - protecting the country against its enemies - which, unfortunately, are domestic and rich and powerful.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
thats funny because i have been under the impression that a lot of senators and congressmen deserve to be put to death. i wish we could rip these old half dead ignorant intolerant pieces of human garbage out of office then make them live a life of poverty eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in city parks.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hey, Rep. Mike Rogers, I would gladly dust off my rifle and put every single one of you murderous traitors 6 feet deep for the irresponsible and cowardly way that you are running our country. Keep in mind that the day may come when you are exposed for who and what you are, and that the same people arguing against the death penalty for this kid may be the only ones begging for the sparing of your life as well.

YOU ARE NOT THE UNITED STATES MIKE ROGERS, you are an old man who is way past his prime, and is so out of touch with your population that you have no business being in-office.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

The criminals are those who are covering up the truth about 9/11, and those who continue to support an illegal war in Afghanistan.

These are the people who are putting American servicemen at risk, and who are killing thousands of innocent Afghan civilians.

They are the ones who need to be put on trial.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They want to kill the only guy really protecting my freedom? Man, the conservative party has lost every bit of human decency. It is the immoral minority.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There is more treason being committed in Washington DC than Manning would ever be capable of.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

wait, there are legals rapes? Legal killings? Legal wars? lololol. There is no such thing as a legal version of those things. Don't make crap up.

Ok, back to being serious.

Congressman is dumb. Executions would surely lead to his removal and it is the first step to a corrupt nation.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Yes.

Conservative = Zionist criminals.
Liberal = Zionist criminals
Republicans = Zionist criminals
Democrats = Zionist criminals.

All one big, criminal family who are all cousins of one another.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How ridiculous! All these so-called representatives love to point fingers and call for outrageous actions - as in this case. Why not just yell OFF WITH THEIR HEADS ala Alice In Wonderland? These dopes need to do one thing - look in the mirror and gaze at the fat, greedy, self-serving slobs staring back at them.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Israel exists. Zionism does not. The two cannot exist together. Stop misusing the word. It's nationalism. Nothing new.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

amen! these men have never faced the problems that we the common people have faced. they sit in their multi million dollar mansions with their butlers and chefs and maids and shake their fingers at us, as if they know anything about the real world and how it works. we need some blue collar working class politicians. people who wouldn't buckle under the pressure of big business and big money in our country. something is going wrong when fifteen percent of the population holds nearly all the country's true wealth. if we weren't so spineless and ignorant we would be marching to washington to lynch these criminals. the war has begun like it or not, and more of us are fighting it than you know.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Being former military I hope that I would try and get the information out as well. If we are doing something ethically, morally, or possibly illegal then someone SHOULD say something. In fact, if you witness something illegal then you are REQUIRED by law to report it. If you don't then you will be held accountable as well.

The big issue here is chain of command. I don't know what process the Army individual went through, but we are supposed to report these things to the crew at JAG and your commander. Unless your command is the guilty party then just JAG I suppose. Going straight to the press may seem like the right thing to do for a civilian, but you must keep in mind the perspective. You are not privy to all the information out there so misinterpretation is a very real possibility. This may not be the case here, but that is the reason there is a chain of command process. You don't necessarily have to go through your command to report something, but there is a process in place regardless.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody have suggested this but what if the government let him release it and they are just going to cover it up with his "execution" and send him to a private villa in Mexico. It might explain why they are coming down on him so hard.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

I understand what you are saying and can't quite disagree with you. If we want to get to the nitty, gritty of it then we can say he did commit treason given its definition. I've never been of the mind that treason should be punishable by death unless you can prove someone died directly as a result of said treason. But I am also completely against the death penalty, so there you go.

While I understand how what this guy did could have hurt our troops there IS flip side to this in that his intentions were not to put troops in harms way. Intention has a lot to do with how a person's crimes are punished. His intention was to actually bring to the American people who have been lied to over and over and over again by this and the previous administration about the exact nature of this war. His intention was to expose the possible war crimes of our own government. His intention was NOT to put people in harm's way.

The government has always kept secrets from us. Some of those secrets actually result in people's deaths. The types of operations we are carrying out over there only further enrage those we demonize over here as being irrational, but it is clear given the information that Manning provided to the American people that they are not irrational. They have their reasons. I am not saying they are justified just that they have reason and it does not necessarily have anything to do with their religion as we are being forced to believe.

Manning does not deserve to die for his actions.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Does anyone know what these cables contain specifically..., I have seen classified documents while I served that where nothing more than laundry lists with names and last 4's, I have seen some that were ammo manifests, I have seen that the weather for daily breifings are even considered classified. Hell but the patrol overlays and military maps arent classified I mean some are like the satellite imagery in some instances may be but my point is IDK what was contained in those cables but I will say this treason and espionage are serious crimes... almost anyone I know with a military "SIPR" account can download all kinds of classified junk relatively easy as long as you have a sipr thumb drive and then an encryption converter. But then again the old saying "loose lips sinks ships" i suppose still applies Im only saying so cause you would be surprised at the amount of intel the enemy can get just from obtaining a job working for a private corporate entitiy like KBR (Kellogg, Brown, and Root) in the chow hall theres all kinds of chatter in there that is even more purdinant like guard change, patrol routes etc the possibilities are endless in that aspect, there is alot of laxidazical people in the military so I hope no one pretends that doesnt happen cause it does! To tie it all up here though they will have to prove that he stole this information that was probably available to a ton of people, prove he leaked the info, and a whole assortment of other things which will not be an easy task for anyone period. And remember the enemy knows what we now know because we learned it from them but its not what you know its how you use the information.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
I find this quite amusing,if they are going to start executing traitors,they should start with congress,I guess honesty is now a crime,start with the house of ill repute

LOL ain't that the truth,

Or should we forgive them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join