It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Marriage/Common-Law Scam(Canada)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Jane and John wanna get married. They have enough to get by on their owns but when they are together suddenly their taxes go up. Say they both have kids. Their double income will now significantly drop due to the cost of child care. The system works in proportion from family allowance to provincial benefits and tax costs at the end of the year. Suddenly this Marriage didn't seem like a good idea financially crippling them.

Hundreds of couples prefer to stay single and claim separately on taxes many around my region are getting married traditionally and refusing to get legally married. The system does not provide for families adequately enough here. Many people also gave up on careers and moved toward just sustaining a minimum wage job to support their family thus arriving at this conclusion. I myself refuse to get legally married and am considering separating from my common law wife. We however will get married traditionally and do our best to abide legally but if it were up to me I would have to say that marriage is a scam and there are thousands of low income families that will agree with me.

2 years ago they came out with a new supplement to help employment and rental almost immediately the rent and costs of living slightly went up to compensate for the raise.

So I have come to the conclusion that marriage is a scam unless you are in a great job of at least 20,000/yr you will be paying the tax mans salary and barely getting by.

Thank you for your time.

This is for all my friends who struggle from Paycheck to Paycheck

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah. It sounds like your common, garden-variety social engineering scumbags trying their hardest to engineer the society in a certain way.

Sad thing is, they really are just getting started.

join