It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 feel-good websites to brighten your day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

(CNN) -- Our world, and the internet, are full of bad news that makes it easy to be a Negative Nancy.

With oil disasters, wars, criminal misdeeds and corporate scandals clogging our news feeds, it's no wonder people prefer to spend their web time scanning Facebook and catching up with shows on Hulu.

"Nowadays it seems all we see and hear on the news are negative events," wrote Domonique Burke, a blogger for Skirt.com. "I'm sorry, but I don't want to hear about bad things happening in the world all the time...Where are the positive, uplifting stories? The stories that make us want to better our own lives after hearing them?"

Well, these stories do exist -- you just have to know where to find them.

Despite its haters and trolls, the massive realm of the internet still has enough bright spots to improve any dark mood. Here are eight websites that feature positive and uplifting stories for people like Burke. Or you.

Who knows? They may even help renew your faith in the goodness of the human experience. Enjoy:

Very very true. And Im glad these website's are available. We all need a break from all of this bad new's. And really see some of the positive things that are occuring around the world. We need to focus more on the good new's then the bad.

Here are just three of the website's you should definately look at.

1. Happy News

Did you hear about the pizza deliveryman who saved a life? How about the Haitian dancer who was given a prosthetic leg after hers was lost in the earthquake?

2. Give Me Hope

"It was my first day back to school after being hospitalized for chemo," one user writes. "I had lost all of my hair, and was embarrassed. When I walked in, everyone was bald -- the popular kids, people I didn't know, my friends, the teachers. Everyone. Their kindness GMH."

3. 1000 Awesome Things

1000 Awesome Things is a blog, updated every weekday, that enumerates the little things in life that make us happy. It's a reminder that even the smallest of feats, like "#936 Perfect parallel-parking on the first try" or "#572 Learning a new keyboard shortcut" are a reason to smile.

Check out all 8 Sites atCNN.com

join