It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. panel removes 45 names from al Qaeda, Taliban blacklist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

U.N. panel removes 45 names from al Qaeda, Taliban blacklist

www.cnn.com

United Nations (CNN) -- A Security Council sanctions committee removed 45 names Monday from a blacklist of people and organizations affiliated with al Qaeda or the Taliban.

The move comes after an 18-month comprehensive review, the first of its kind since the list was created in 1999. Those on the blacklist are subject to travel restrictions and asset freezes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As it becomes more apparent to the entire world and everyone living in it that the Americans are the only winners in this generation of wars that have lasted now for nearly 10 years.

The last list on the planet anyone wants to be on is the UN blacklist associating one with either Al Qaeda or the Taliban.

I think those fools are about to have a party or something.

For the recently cleared...Congratulations. Its good to see that you've come to your senses.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Or they're dead. You know, that would be a reason to remove them.

Being dead and all.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Or they're dead. You know, that would be a reason to remove them.

Being dead and all.

Well then, it seems that they were rewarded in the afterlife.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

spoken with reason.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

They're trying so hard to cause a civil war, that is the only way they can win the population over.

The same thing they did in Iraq.

New evidence suggests they already created the infrastructure, to keep the American troops safe while the civil war is going on:
www.washingtonpost.com...

In Kandahar, U.S. tries the lessons of Baghdad

As U.S. and NATO commanders mount a major effort to counter the Taliban's influence in Kandahar, they are turning to population-control tactics employed in the Iraqi capital during the 2007 troop surge to separate warring Sunnis and Shiites. They are betting that such measures can help separate insurgents here from the rest of the population, an essential first step in the U.S.-led campaign to improve security in and around Afghanistan's second-largest city.

"If you don't have control of the population, you can't secure the population," said Brig. Gen. Frederick Hodges, director of operations for the NATO regional command in southern Afghanistan.

A lot of special ops and mercenaries around orchestrating attacks to cause a civil war.

I don't think this will work because of how aware Afghans are in regards to war strategies.

The conflict in Kandahar is far murkier. There are no differences in religion or ethnicity: Nearly everyone here is a Sunni Pashtun. There are divisions among tribes and clans, but they are not a reliable indicator of support for the Taliban. And many residents regard U.S. forces as the cause of the growing instability, rather than the solution to it.

That is exactly why they can't cause a civil war. It just isn't possible, but I wonder what the US will come up with.

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

There won't be a civil war...who'd fight it?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wow...last I heard, on Saturday, I believe, it was 5 names, with 2 being dead, which I assume was to clear their names. Karzai is getting thick with the Taliban. Nice cozy clique there.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

RAWA for one, and plenty of other freedom fighters one would assume. It seems many people there despise Karzai's Mafia government, and they're protesting too.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn
reply to post by oozyism

There won't be a civil war...who'd fight it?

There are many Mujahideen factions, they don't want to start a civil war between Massoudies VS the resistance because that would make the north unstable. That is something they can't afford, because if the north becomes unstable, all the supplies will be cut. Supplies are already in jeopardy from the South, the East and West not possible, since Iran and China won't let it happen.

They tried to spark a war between the Taliban and Hizb e Islami, but that failed also.

They are trying to make CLANS fight each other in the south, but the first attack they orchestrated against civilians to blame Taliban, the witnesses all claimed it wasn't a suicide bombing as they claimed, so failed, and put more doubt on who is truly killing civilians, in the minds of Afghans in general.

Afghans are very aware in regards to war tactics.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well youd be aware too if the Russian Spetznatz already tried all these tactics before the yanquis came....
The murder squads of the Spetznatz special black ops rusky troops, were very effective in eliminating afghans, they just didnt get the right ones mostly maybe?
At any rate the US is engaging in tactics that the Muj. have been fighting for many years now.
At one time it was the stinger missles from america that alllowed them to defeat the russians.(among other things)Now they are employing the handheld missles against the guys that supplied them origonally.....sad situation that....
I am sure the Taliban could do much to combat Coalition forces with a larger supply of such weapons.Perhaps even bring the war to a close for the US.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

All it really takes is a weapon to destroy the occupying air force, it is evident that there is no support for the occupation, and the occupying forces are hiding in their bases, calling for air strikes, miles away from the combat.

The bases are also secured mostly by helicopters if you get what I mean. The occupying forces with out their air force will collapse immediate. They don't have the same courage as Afghan resistance.

I mean common, did you see the ruthless and courageous attack on NATOs largest base recently?

Once the occupying force's confidence hits records low, that is when you would expect anti-American states to supply the resistance with strategic weapons, but not yet. Pakistan is helping them already, but not too much to make it obvious, and allow the US to invade it.

top topics

join