It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Directions please? How does this Flag contribution level work?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I SO wish we could give stars in these threads!

And in all fairness, schrodingers dog, the signature is kind of clever - like a mini-scanvenger hunt revealing "I can't make it not crappy."

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Guh ... isn't anti-metsonic talk against teh cundishiunz?

It wasn't anti...my pain implicitly suggests "Pro"...something that the Mets may want to look into becoming...Zing!

Okay...I am off topic and recuse myself...good luck with the issue guys...

It's bad enough that people want me to play accountant, tax advisor, legal advisor, current event advisor, trend advisor, political advisor, marketing advisor, business advisor, love life advisor, advisor on advisors, but now you want me to take on the Mets too?

I am good, but really, not that good!

Work on the slider, replace the Short Stop, move spring training back to Sarassota, redesign the uniforms, and change the Bobble Head Dolls!

Must I do everything?

Oh yead edit to add: Anyone suffering the glitch can still tally their flags by going through their thread listing.

[edit on 4/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Must I do everything?

Oh yead edit to add: Anyone suffering the glitch can still tally their flags by going through their thread listing.

baseball aside i was thinking the same thing. and it might save somebody else from having to do it, hope my math is good. on a good note, i'm thinking more than half my threads i authored have no flags since i authored them, they got buried, and then the flag system went into effect, so less to tally up.

to be honest, i'd be very surprised if i found out i had flags numbering in the triple digits. but if i am higher than a bronze contributor, it would be nice to know. but in the end, it's a message board. we read, we write, we learn, we share. however, i don't think we are being fair to ATS or ATSers if we don't call to attention and try to correct what flaws we may find. but, ya, i'm thinking about counting them myself if it might help.

ats is still fun,
et

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yes, it is a glitch. The join date has something to do with it but it's not the complete reason (which is why you see others who have a similar join date but their flag count is registering).

It happens on accounts who took a long leave of absence from ATS.

ET, did you perhaps take a while before you started posting as a member? Or possibly participate for a bit, disappear for a while, then return as a regular member?

That seems to be the cause of it. Then when the flag system was implemented, those who hadn't been online for a while never had that count turned on for them.

At least, that is what I understand about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i might be off, but if it helps out at all i counted 193 flags, but math is not my favorite subject.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks AshleyD, i really appreciate the explanation. and, yes i did take a "leave of absence" due to deployments, a few actually. most of them were only 4 month deployments, though. and i also was not posting on ATS for about 7 to 9 months for one time.

at any rate... hopefully a quick fix exists. like i said, my math may be a little off, but i don't think so. i counted up and added them together while taking a stroll down memory lane. 193 flags, me thinks.

thanks Ashley,
john

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No rush, as I know we are changing over and adding new applications.

But perhaps, one day, the Flags I have garnered over the years may register on my Flag count???

Thanks,
ET

Boney M. "Baby Do You Wanna Bump ?"

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
WOOO HOOO!!!

Thank You SkepticOverlord!!!

My Flag situation has finally been fixed

ATS is Fantastic,
ET

P.S. ....

Can A mod trash bin or throw away this thread, now ???

Thanks again,
ET

edit on 29-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Where has the Flag Contribution level thing gone? Is the site not doing this anymore?

Apologies Esoteric for resurrecting your thread, I was going to start my own about it, but I did a search and this one came up, and it was fairly recent!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Where has the Flag Contribution level thing gone? Is the site not doing this anymore?

Apologies Esoteric for resurrecting your thread, I was going to start my own about it, but I did a search and this one came up, and it was fairly recent!

Please add your question to the onging and monitored ATS 2010 Updates Thread

closed.

<< 1  2   >>

join