It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Directions please? How does this Flag contribution level work?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

thanks MemoryShock. i don't know either, and i know ATS does a lot, and i know the mods do what they can do. so, i'm not bitter. just wondering if it can be an easy fix or not.

ATS is a "free" networking system, and we do get alot out of ATS.

maybe i should demonstrate some initiative and just count the amount of flags the 294 threads i have authored recieved myself and make periodical updates on my profile page myself? but that would be a little time consuming for something that could be considered "vain".

but, like i said before, i'm half way to being a 10 year ATS vet and i have no flags. not a good track record from some peoples' point of view i would think.

if i do count them myself can i get 50 BTS points for my efforts?

or .... the magic power to provide posters with two stars for their posts?

ok, now i'm dreaming....

thanks guys, maybe a fix exists that doesn't involve too many manhours.
i hope so.

ATS is still fun,
et

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
On a side note, this may be something that is resolved when ATS 2010 gets launched...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Your avatar and signature scream "GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!1"

I'm guessing you either just haven't gotten enough flags to alter your meter, or some moderator is playing a joke because they know you're exactly the type of person that would freak out if their social status bar wasn't illuminated for all to see...

Why does it even matter? Is this website the stage for a popularity contest?

Even if your meter did go up, Hardly anybody's ever going to be able to discern it from that jumble of colors and shapes you're using as an avatar...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Me neither ... there's an explanation buried somewhere in the last year of the issues thread. I'm on it!

I did find this thread where the OP (also signed up in 2005) apparently had the same problem (there's a screenshot of his profile near the bottom of the first page). His flags are showing up now, though, and there's no actual answer given in the thread.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Looking at the content level requirement, as your sitting at Bronze, you must have AT LEAST 300 flags.

So you can start there

~Keeper

[edit on 8/2/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Not necessarily; I'm at Bronze also, but only have 60-some flags.

There are two versions of Bronze Contribution Levels -- one with a flag requirement and one for those of us who just post alot. We still see the ads though

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

This is true, had not taken that one into account.

That's just my luck, that info was available in the link I posted above.

Way to go Keeper...*facepalm*.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

I'm guessing you either just haven't gotten enough flags to alter your meter, or some moderator is playing a joke because they know you're exactly the type of person that would freak out if their social status bar wasn't illuminated for all to see...

Even if your meter did go up, Hardly anybody's ever going to be able to discern it from that jumble of colors and shapes you're using as an avatar...

LOL You gave a voice to my thoughts, especially after the OP said in a recent thread of his that he only posted the thread to get the stars....

But then again today is a cynical day for me for some reason.
I don't understand the desire for such things myself.

[edit on 2/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Was all that even necessary?
Going out of your way to snipe at a person who asks an earnest question about a valid issue?
This is the forum for it no?

Anyone can accuse anyone of attention seeking on a forum ... after all posting itself is an act of will that could be misconstrued as ego gratification.

Signatures too for that matter ... is that you showing us your moves?

[edit on 2 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

no matter what i put either place is bound to offend someone someway.
as for my current "mini" background image, i'm dressed up like a billboard, can't you tell?

some people like to play doctors on ATS

sometimes i like to play a billboard on ATS.

semper? are you messing with me?

no, but some here do judge and measure credibility by more than just a person's avatar image or their signatures.

and, as i have stated previously, twice:
i'm a half way to being a ten year veteran of ATS, and my track record states i have no flags. how good of an author of threads will newbies in 2015 (granted we survive 2012) think i am when i have no flags after ten years?

you are so cute.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A little overkill on the ava..ET, but....

i don't see any flags for you either..not nary a one..

prolly Semper messing with you again....hehehe..

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

thanks for finding that thread for me.

it gives me hope a possible easy fix exists.
i do hope so.

thanks again,
et

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
A little overkill on the ava..ET, but....

i was only going to wear it for a week or so, but now ... maybe two weeks.
look ma, i'm a billboard!

prolly Semper messing with you again....hehehe..

semper! your evil twin is god!

on a totally unrelated subject having nothing whatsoever to do with semper...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Maybe changing user groups would build the right SQL record for you and populate it.

So maybe they should make you a Moderator to see if it works

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Me neither ... there's an explanation buried somewhere in the last year of the issues thread. I'm on it!

I did find this thread where the OP (also signed up in 2005) apparently had the same problem ...

i sent a u2u to this member just now, maybe this member knows how it got fixed???

the member was just on 10 minutes ago, so they are still around.

thanks,
et

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yikes, I was thinking the same thing.. Reminds of people that you see in
the city with super tight pants, plaid shirt, bright orange scarf, glasses to
big for their face carrying a lunch box as their purse/man bag.

"What, I'm not looking for attention"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

amazing accuracy! you just described more than 80% of my wardrobe!

thanks for helping me out with my original topic and concerns.

much appreciated,
et

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

I did find this thread where the OP (also signed up in 2005) apparently had the same problem (there's a screenshot of his profile near the bottom of the first page). His flags are showing up now, though, and there's no actual answer given in the thread.

i got a u2u reply from this individual!

this ATSer doesn't know how it got fixed, either:

Not entirely sure what the fix was....Apparently, the mods figured out what the break was and repaired it. It has something to a small subset of people who joined about the same time we did in 2005. You might ask a mod and feel free to mention my name, as some like 12mk8allc might remember me and how they fixed it.

seems someone who posted earlier about it being a problem with some of us who joined in 2005 might have been correct.

and the mystery continues...

i'm almost willing to give up my avatar for accurate flag count on my profile page...

thanks guys,
et

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Geez

Did you really have to go off like that and attack someone asking a valid question?

Grow up

And OP, its certainly a bizzare glitch, one that Ive never heard of before. I wonder if the mods can somehow your thread/flag count (i know thats possible), and then replace it with the flags you are entitled too (not sure if thats possible)?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

it would be nice if they can fix it, an easy fix.

hopefully a correction can be made. for now, it is what it is.

as for alaskan, seems maybe blowing off a little steam, or maybe there is something about my avatar alaskan hates? there is only one real interpretation to of the theme of my avatar, and that is ATS. at least that was my intentions.

But, i'm a bit jealous. i've never seen the northern lights, and due to the solar flare thingy perhaps alaska will have a great view of some northern lights? unless they are in their sun up most the time stage? i dunno.

at any rate. so, i can't collect flags at all for my profile page, and i get bashed by some for collecting stars, or at least joking around about it.

ah, i'll show them....

ats is still fun, so there,
et

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join