It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington prepares to activate missile shield in Southern Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Washington prepares to activate missile shield in Southern Europe

rt.com

The Defense Department is nearing a deal to establish a key radar station in Turkey or Bulgaria, the Washington Post said on August 1

However, Obama also pledged to develop a new missile shield for Europe with “a phased, adaptive approach.” US officials say the first stage will become operational next year when Aegis ships, armed with SM-3 missile interceptors start patrolling the Mediterranean and Black seas. They are supposed to be linked up with the high-power radar planned for Southern Europe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Looks like the US is problably going to be expanding their missle shield program.

The US is supposed to build a "X-band radar installation" in either Turkey or Bulgaria. They say its for defence against an Iranian missle launch. It could be set up by sometime next year.

Plus, there's going to be Aegis ships patrolling the Mediterranean and Black seas.

Im guessing the US has the money to pay for all of this? I wonder how much this will cost all together.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Where is our missile shield? We don't have one but we are willing to build one for other countries?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hope they come around here(spain) so we can use the same terror techniques they use on the world, I just hope some real terrorists would start blowing american assets outside the US. And not feeling sorry for the lost american souls, your rulers have made it that you well deserve it.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
what is this shield made of, is it just radars and anti missile missiles.
uk has plans to renew it's missile deterent also.
i thinks its deconstructive to spend money on new war devices.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
Hope they come around here(spain) so we can use the same terror techniques they use on the world, I just hope some real terrorists would start blowing american assets outside the US. And not feeling sorry for the lost american souls, your rulers have made it that you well deserve it.

Not everyone in the US is content with its death grip on the world or its citizens. Personally, I hope the world destroys itself.

Perhaps the survivors will establish a proper non-state non-agressive society.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Xband, fyi:

It's an incredible piece of technology.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Missile defense in Turkey, right okay, how about one researches their previous acquisitions from 5 or 10 years, that alone will allow you a precise reality indication off how far of the media is.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by tristar]

edit : syntax

[edit on 2-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

How can you say that Americans deserve to lose their lives? That is a horrible thing to say. What our government does is their own thing but to say people deserve to lose their lives no matter where they are from is beyond comprehension for me i would never wish this on anyone.
Instead of continuing the spread of hate and violence just try to help thy brothers and sisters. the day everyone stops to think about others and not so much their own personal agendas and wants is the day we will make a change for the better as a species.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Aww, can set up another defense mechanism, but cannot re-open the 911 ? Why are we so screwed ?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wow. Really?

So you support terrorism as long as it is directed at those you think deserve it?

Go look in the mirror while you're spouting all that hate. Not pretty, huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin

Wow. Really?

So you support terrorism as long as it is directed at those you think deserve it?

Go look in the mirror while you're spouting all that hate. Not pretty, huh?

Your missing his or her point..read between the lines.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I'm not missing his point. Spouting off like that is part of the problem not the solution. Read between the lines? That's not necessary.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin
reply to post by tristar

I'm not missing his point. Spouting off like that is part of the problem not the solution. Read between the lines? That's not necessary.

Sure, i see your point as i see his or her point, but that does require that i show my deck of cards, right ?

Fact of the matter is, as history has indicated the dominant will always be targeted regardless of "its" intentions.

top topics

join