It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

orange Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

orange Moon

okay for about 2 hours the moon like neon red was the brightest thing in our sky in kent waswhington about 15 miles from seattle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-8-2010 by NorthByNorthWest]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I dont under stand is it because we are in washington that we saw this around 7pm pacific mountain time the moon looked like the sun but you could see its crators so theres no mistaking it but it was low and big but the brightest any of us (my co-workers) have ever seen. this guty took a picture im going to have him email it to me tomorrow and i will post it.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hey, do you have a link to toss into your thread? That would be great!

As for your 'red moon' my Grandparents called that the 'harvest moon'... And yeah, it was as red as 'blood'!

I've got some pictures here somewhere. I'll try to hunt them up and post them as soon as I find them.

Thanks for the thread - oh - and don't forget that link!

peace

Edit to Add:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ea0a7c52192.jpg[/atsimg]

That's not my picture, but I had it in my photos.

Link for photo

[edit on 2-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Sorry to my friends in the Pacific Northwest. Unfortunately our beautiful British Columbia has a huge amount of forest fires right now.

This map shows current winds for the PNW.

Sorry about that. Mother Nature isn't cooperating. In Vancouver we only had 0.6mm of Rain for the month of July. The whole Province is bone dry. You're getting all the soot and smoke from out fires and it's causing the light to refract in different colors than normal. We need RAIN so bad. Over 1100 fires so far and over 350 active fires.

Again sorry about the smoke but enjoy the great photo opportunities.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
i live in vancouver and i have a question to the above poster .. the fires didnt just start yesterday or anything like that they have been burning for a bit all over . so my question is why is the moon not red any of those other days ? will it be red tonight? i saw the moon last night and it was odd to say the least.
i did take some pictures of it but they sure didnt turn out all right .. if i can find a way to post pictures i will just so we can all have a look

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Hey, do you have a link to toss into your thread? That would be great!

As for your 'red moon' my Grandparents called that the 'harvest moon'... And yeah, it was as red as 'blood'!

I've got some pictures here somewhere. I'll try to hunt them up and post them as soon as I find them.

Thanks for the thread - oh - and don't forget that link!

peace

Edit to Add:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ea0a7c52192.jpg[/atsimg]

That's not my picture, but I had it in my photos.

Link for photo

[edit on 2-8-2010 by silo13]

IT's also known as the Bloodmoon, imagine that!

jra

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by donttaserme
the fires didnt just start yesterday or anything like that they have been burning for a bit all over . so my question is why is the moon not red any of those other days ?

Well the fires are in the interior. It takes a bit of time for the smoke to drift over to the Fraser valley and Vancouver. I've been noticing a orange/red Moon for the last few days. Plus we had a nice red sunset here as well this evening.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

As JRA pointed out it takes time for the smoke to get here given weather patterns and such. I was out Whale Watching today out of Steveston with Vancouver Whale Watch had to post a link to video because that was the show we got today. Awesome

Back on topic out on the water today you could really see the layer of smoke hanging over everywhere. Not pollution.

join