It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets hit Israeli,Jordanian ports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Rockets hit Israeli,Jordanian ports

www.abc.net.au

A suspected short-range rocket salvo from the Egyptian Sinai has struck Israel's and Jordan's Red Sea ports, Israeli police say.

There was no word of casualties in the Israeli port of Eilat, District Port Commander Moshe Cohen said, adding that his forces were still trying to confirm that five explosions heard in the morning had been caused by shelling.

Sommander Cohen told Israel Radio that two of the suspected rockets or mortar bombs appeared to have landed in the sea, while another struck the nearby Jordanian port of Aqaba.

"It's a little early to say, but it is reasonable to a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I usually stay away from any reports of violence in this area because it's always going on but there does seem to be a lot of activity in the last few days ,maybe someone or group is trying to heat up the situation there.These rocket attacks apparently came from the Egyptian Sinai region A group claiming links to Al Qaeda have claimed responsibilty.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
www.sbs.com.au...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Meh...

Israel is waiting for a really dark night more so than a small rocket attack to launch any major offensive..

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
2 years ago Syria moved troops quietly into the mountains of Lebanon into the disputed area, where they started bunkering in. Pouring concrete even - literally bunkering in.

Lebanon at first made a bit of a stink about it - then stopped. The stink they did make was certainly of the tone that suggested perfunctory complaint. But the Syrians never left.

They are sitting in the Mountains still, well within range for troop movement and easy missile launches to Israel last I saw any reports on it.

Israel did some fly overs of this region I believe in the last few months - there was complaints by the governments of Lebanon and Syria about it.

Not enough for anyone to ask any questions - like WHY Israel was doing fly overs in the Lebanese - Syria disputed zone. And not enough complaint from those two governments to draw too much attention.

Try to remember - borders in Islam don't mean anything but distraction to your view of what is happening. They aren't borders of countries - they are boundaries of fiefdoms.

Apparently some of them are looking to try to perform a pincer.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
isnt this an everyday thing over there

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KilIuminati

No this is much much more,wait and see (Just joking, you are right nothing to see here, move along)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
2 years ago Syria moved troops quietly into the mountains of Lebanon into the disputed area, where they started bunkering in. Pouring concrete even - literally bunkering in.

In 1982, when Israel invaded Lebanon and were advancing through the country, Syrian forces moved into Lebanon to protect the Beirut-Damascus highway, in other words protecting the highway approach to Damascus.

It led to heavy clashes between Syrian armoured forces and the Israelis.

In 2006, when Israel again invaded Lebanon, Syria warned Israel "it would not stand by" if Israel continued.

If Israel invades Lebanon, and advance to a certain point in Lebanon, I believe it would trigger a Syrian move into Lebanon to defend the Beirut-Damascus highway.

I have heard reports of a Syrian presence and bunkering down in Lebanon before.

What with the reported increased Israeli air activity over Lebanon and the tensions in the region, if the reports of a Syrian presence are true, my guess is that they are defending the Beirut-Damascus highway close to the border, and have done so in ancticipation of another Israeli war on Lebanon, and that they believe Israel will expand the war further.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My my. Your depiction of Israel in your post certainly is one sided.

This country isn't without aggression. That you post as if Israel was doing these things for no reason, and unprovoked attacker, is fascinating. Lying, but fascinating.

At the time that this was happening, it was being billed as a continuation of the usual difficulties in the area between farmers. With tanks apparently.

Lebanon's groups had spent a period of time relatively recently pushing all their bombs out of schools and into Israel, while the government there proclaimed they could do nothing about it.

Apparently the only government in the whole area that has any ability to direct its own people's efforts is Israel. Egypt, Syria, Lebanon are completely incapable of reigning in their "rogue" forces who do things I guess all on their own.

I am not a Israel booster - I simply dislike biased lies obfuscating the view.

[edit on 2010/8/2 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
My my. Your depiction of Israel in your post certainly is one sided.

This country isn't without aggression. That you post as if Israel was doing these things for no reason, and unprovoked attacker, is fascinating. Lying, but fascinating.

At the time that this was happening, it was being billed as a continuation of the usual difficulties in the area between farmers. With tanks apparently.

Lebanon's groups had spent a period of time relatively recently pushing all their bombs out of schools and into Israel, while the government there proclaimed they could do nothing about it.

Apparently the only government in the whole area that has any ability to direct its own people's efforts is Israel. Egypt, Syria, Lebanon are completely incapable of reigning in their "rogue" forces who do things I guess all on their own.

I am not a Israel booster - I simply dislike biased lies obfuscating the view.

[edit on 2010/8/2 by Aeons]

You posted about alleged Syrian troop movements in Lebanon, and I'm explaining that if true, what the Syrian motives probably are from their perspective. If you call that lying than you have a very strange view of what lying is. Perhaps you would rather have just had the suggestion of Syrian troops in Lebanon like you posted, without any context in which they may be acting. Perhaps that would have benefitted your view of how you think the world turns as Syria doing this as some sort of big bad aggressor rather than doing something because they think it will defend themselves from an approach on Damascus.

Don't like? Not much I can do about that. I'm not going to apologise for making a post that apparently runs contrary to how you think the world is.

Lebanon's military is weak, and Israel's actions in Lebanon have led to such groups such as Hezbollah being formed and being their only defence.

Wait, you thought Hezbollah just popped up hating Israel for no reason?

Actually, they were formed as a resistance group to Israel's occupation, much like the French Resistance did in resisting German occupation.

Hezbollah maintain that Israel still occupies Lebanese territory, and thus it will continue being an armed group.

Israel are incapable about reigning in their rogue forces, namely their military and politicians and leaders, probably because the politicians and leaders sanction their military.

But you don't mention them when you talk of nations with "rogue forces"

Now whose the one making biased views obfuscating the view?

My, My.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Herein you will find the inevitable polite reminder...

Discuss the OP, the facts, the speculation, or the issue

Not each other.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Ah, in that case I assume that you are onside with the Mexican Groups in California and Texas using violent revolution to take back their occupied territories.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Meh...

Israel is waiting for a really dark night more so than a small rocket attack to launch any major offensive..

More proof that most of the people on this forum have no idea what they're talking about. As if you knew anything about the munitions fired on Israel. All you know is the propaganda Hamas and groups like them pump out.

One thing is for sure, you wouldn't be calling them "small rockets", if you were on the reviving end of them. 122mm grad rockets are hardly "small". Some of you have to rationalize your hatred of Jews one way or the other and I guess minimizing the effect of rocket artillery is part of that.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.jta.org...

There are no casualties in Eilat...
Aqaba was not so lucky.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
By now i am sick of the atrocities of BOTH sides!Neither one can say they have no innocent blood on their hands....I really wish that the God they believe in would come back and bitch slap them all....both sides.
The killers and sociopaths have control of all sides in this case.
Continous war from 1948 till now leaves no other result possible.
Its too bad but till everyone puts down their weapons there will be no peace .
Its as simple and as impossible as that.......................

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here is an update on the situation for those of you on the edge of your chair

www.sbs.com.au...

Jordan has proof a Grad-type rocket that struck its port city of Aqaba killing a taxi driver and wounding five other people was fired from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, a senior official said on Tuesday.

"We can now say without hesitation that the Grad rocket was launched from Sinai," said the official close to the investigation of Monday's rocket attack.

"We have strong suspicions about the identity of the group behind this attack," he added without elaborating.

The rocket that fell in a busy Aqaba street near a major hotel on Monday was one of several apparently fired at the nearby Israeli tourist resort of Eilat, in an attack condemned by Israel, Russia and the United States.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

If Israel is, as you say, capable of controlling its own forces, that means that Israeli authorities were fully complicit in all the other unprovoked attacks amd nurders which Mossad has carried out.

9/11
Madrid bombings
London bombings
Dubai murder
Criminal identity theft of British passports for use in the Dubai murder

to name but a tiny few.

Of course, this isn't news to me but it's interesting to see your implicit admission of Israeli's mafia government having sanctioned these murders.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Yeah, yeah. same old, same old hatred of Jews complaint. Yawn, yawn.

No rational, informed counter-argument - just the same old name calling.

Perhaps that is the most common 'defence' of Israel's actions because there really are so few rational arguments to defend Israel's penchant for mass murder, genocide, xenophobia, psychotic sense of superiority and entitlement, paranoia and morbid sense of victimhood which has been exploited to the tune of trillions of dollars in Israeli coffers, lies, deceit, etc.

The mass media is CONTROLLED by Zionists, so what appears in MSM is mild compared to the truths which would be exposed were that not the case.

It's always someone else's fault - the media, the Jew haters, the Anti-Semites.

Perhaps this quotation by Ariel Sharon goes a long way to explaining the Israeli attitude and actions:

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

Now, what is that if it isn't a statement of contempt towards all non-Israelis?

Some quotes:

"[The Palestinians] are beasts walking on two legs."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the 'Beasts,"' New Statesman, June 25, 1982.

"Israel should have exploited the repression of the demonstrations in China, when world attention focused on that country, to carry out mass expulsions among the Arabs of the territories."
-- Benyamin Netanyahu, then Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister, former Prime Minister of Israel, speaking to students at Bar Ilan University, from the Israeli journal Hotam, November 24, 1989.

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."
-- Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

"Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Palestinian) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours...Everything we don't grab will go to them."
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of the Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, Nov. 15, 1998.

See 29 May 2010 article:
Israel Rejects Call to Join Anti-Nuclear Treaty.
www.reuters.com...

If Israel declared its nuclear arsenal - believed to be in the several hundreds - this would go some way to diffusing the valid criticism which Iran has against Israel in this regard. Why won't Israel respect international treaties? Why won't Israel declare its nuclear arsenal?

Would Israel be so very keen on attacking Iran if:
a) It didn't have unconditional US backing, as always?
b) It didn't have hundreds of nukes?

At the very least, if you want a discussion based on facts, then lets look at all the facts, not just the ones 'selected' by Israel.

Sharon and the whole if Israel may believe they are beyond question and above all international laws, but you see, most other people in the world just don't agree.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by wcitizen]

new topics

top topics

join