It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Millenium Trilogy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Apologies if there's already a thread about this on BTS. I searched, but didn't find one.

For those of you not familiar, the Millenium Trilogy is a series of Swedish crime fiction by author Stieg Larsson, published posthumously. Apparently Larsson had been planning to write more than just 3 books, but his death ended any chance of that.

Earlier in the summer I was lent the first two books and read them in quick succession. I have to say, I was impressed by Larsson's style and talent for writing thrillers.

The first book, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (or, "Men Who Hate Women" in the original Swedish) was pretty much a traditional locked-room Whodunit mystery with enough twists and unique characters to keep my interest. Being the first book in the series, it also generated a good deal of intrigue to be explored in later installments.

Impressed by the first book, I moved on to "The Girl Who Played with Fire" which was, at times, less of a detective novel and more psychological horror. I found it to be a lot more exciting to read than the first book.

I haven't picked up the final book in the trilogy yet - "The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest." I am, however, looking forwards to it as I've gleaned a few synopses and am genuinely anticipating it.

The trilogy has been gaining popularity in the US recently, and it seems Hollywood is already onboard to (probably ruin) make a big screen adaptation of the first book.

Have any BTSers read this series? What were your thoughts about it? Would you recommend it to anyone? I think that a lot of the subject matter in the series (government and corporate conspiracies, the sorry state of mainstream media, etc....) could appeal to some of the crowd on here.

[edit on 1/8/10 by Sink the Bismarck!]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I read all three and agree with your take on books one and two. The third was also very good but differed, yet again, in that it was more courtroom drama/covert spy game.

The trilogy was a great read and the third book wrapped it up nicely, even if things started getting a bit too hard to swallow.

new topics

join