It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Food Affect Your Mood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It does for me.

I have been eating spicy food more lately, and I noticed something.

After I eat spicy food, I feel like my mood itself gets more "spicy." What I mean by that is my body temperature goes up, and I feel more active and heated. It is not a bad feeling at all. I also learned my limits with spicy food, so I don't overdo it. I think we all know what happens if one eats too much spicy food in one sitting.

Next up, when I eat a lot of meat (sorry to the vegetarians) I usually feel very bloated and lazy. It is not a fun feeling at all. The food tastes good as I'm eating it, but the after effects are sometimes not worth it in my opinion, especially if I am going out later that night on chick patrol.

I have gone periods of time where I was a temporary vegetarian, and I gotta say, I felt healthier and in a better mood than when I was eating burgers all the time.

Lastly, when I don't eat breakfast and/or lunch, I start getting really cranky. my energy levels are low, and I definitely don't perform at my best...

Alright, that should get this thread started. Feel free to share your experiences and discuss the topic at hand. Also, if you have any recommendations on foods that make feel good and healthy, please indulge us with that.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It affects your energy too if I have fruit and a salad for lunch Im fine for the afternoon with energy if I eat a burger and fries I feel bloated sluggish and feel like a lie down.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
... hahahha, obviously.

I once went on an extreme detox/vegetable diet, .... I mean nothing but broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, ... and flax seed sprinkled on that.

Thats it, ... pure vegetables and flax for a week, ... the first two or three days I felt weak from lack of calories, ..... but oh my god, by the last couple of days I crap you not ..... I felt like a god among men, it was a sense of euphoria, My body was so strong, and my mind was so sharp it was amazing.

And when going on a low carb diet, .. under 20 grams a day, ... the opposite happened, ... i was extremely irratable, my brain was foggy, i could hardly think because ketones arent very good at running your brain. My body also became very, very acidic, .... like I was hot all the time. but sometimes you gotta pay to get the results you want.

join