It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Question about renter and alcohol???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The short answer is YES. I do need the money that bad.

We had my parents sharing the downstairs, and a friend of the famiy renting the upstairs, and money was tight then. Now, everybody moved out, and it is just my wife and I. I got lucky to take a part-time gig as a bookkeeeper that made up some of the money, but a $1500 house payment and $260 utility bill when I only make $30k per year does not jive too good.

It is a beautiful home on a 1 acre lot with 4 more acres of trees and pond. Literally dozens of very large, very old trees in the front between us and the road. Only about 4 miles outside of town. Nice (and distant) neighbors. Inground Pool, Huge Deck, large upstairs balcony overlooking the family room and fire place. "Extra" room that we now use for weights, and big boy toys.

At this point, renting the upstairs to a stranger is a better option than giving up the house, or taking another job where I would have to work evenings and weekends. I have a government job with plenty of time off for my family. I have the second gig of bookkeeping that doesn't take much time away from family. A little kick from some rent money is just right.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would seek professional legal council.

Speak to an attorney that knows your states laws and will
guide you accordingly.

good luck and pool side pics of the tenant would be apprciated...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There are certainly liability issues here (as well as potential criminal; i.e., contributing to a minor). If I were you, I would find a way to lock up the alcohol. That way, you have shown due diligence in keeping the alcohol out of the hands of your tenant.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join