It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain: Mujahideen Freedom Fighters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Great Britain, whose Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher famously called the Mujahedeen “freedom-fighters”.

Read more at Suite101: The Soviet War in Afghanistan: Russian Invasion Of Afghanistan In 1979 middleeasternhistory.suite101.com...

Britain, it wasn't long ago you called these people freedom fighters. Now that they are trying to gain their freedom against you, they have been converted to TERRORISTS.

Do you understand the hypocrisy you are showing, or is ignorance that dominant within you.

Do you understand the TERRORISM you are portraying, or is ignorance that dominant within you.

I can go on, but what is the point, do you listen? Do you see? Or do you refuse to listen and refuse to see? Or do you believe you are misguided?

If you think you are misguided, then why won't you take measures against those who are misguiding you and you fellow citizens?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It is something they would prefer the public forget.

The United States gave the weapons to these people who are now using the exact same heat seeking rockets against us to take down our military planes. That was revealed in the recent Wikileaks case.

It is a continuous lie being propagated down from one administration to the next. It appears that none of us in the west can get a break from these lying and deceiving villains we call our leaders.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Preaching to the choir here mate....... Valid point but the sheeple are usualy found anywere but ATS. By the way if you get a copy of Rambo 2 in Aghanistan, at the end of the movie when the credits roll it sais "this movie is dedicated to the brave people of Afghanistan".... Meaning the freedom fighters against the russian occupation.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thanks for your inputs, this quote applies to both of you and I ask again;

If you think you are misguided, then why won't you take measures against those who are misguiding you and you fellow citizens?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Mujahideen are killers and brutes you should probably look on what they have done to bosnia, didn't you know the Mujahideen were transported by the usa air force?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Mujahideen are killers and brutes you should probably look on what they have done to bosnia, didn't you know the Mujahideen were transported by the usa air force?

Did you read what I posted?

Britain, it wasn't long ago you called these people freedom fighters. Now that they are trying to gain their freedom against you, they have been converted to TERRORISTS.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

We could get a break if we would have a real dialogue. As a child I was certain that the US was a corrupt government and my own so much more righteous and honest.

Now I see that the world is pretty much the same everywhere only packaged a little bit different.

so....

My promise is to never respond to another poster on ATS, I will state my opinion/argument and walk away. I will not give trolls any satisfaction.

This won't be contributing to that process

[edit on 31-7-2010 by no special characters]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No ... the taliban are terrorists and religious , murderous extermists full stop...the people of afghanstan dont want them to rule over them ...these scumbags need to be stopped and the ordinary people of afghanstan left in peace and security...

the vast majority of ordinary people want the UK and USA to succeed in wiping them out and then being left in peace to get on with their life

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
No ... the taliban are terrorists and religious , murderous extermists full stop...the people of afghanstan dont want them to rule over them ...these scumbags need to be stopped and the ordinary people of afghanstan left in peace and security...

the vast majority of ordinary people want the UK and USA to succeed in wiping them out and then being left in peace to get on with their life

Have you been watching the News lately, maybe the riots in Kabul, normal people chanting "death to America"?

Do you know how Taliban came to power?

Do you know why Afghanistan is in the situation it is now?

Do you know why Afghanistan has been so unstable for the last couple of decades?

Do you know what Afghansitan was like before the instability?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
No one wants the tailban in power... .... stoned to death and your limbs hacked off for petty crime...catch a grip please....

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
No one wants the tailban in power... .... stoned to death and your limbs hacked off for petty crime...catch a grip please....

I didn't expect you to know any of the things I mentioned which makes it obvious why you come to such a conclusion.

The world isn't black and white.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
While it may be true that the Al Queda was an american creation, it was created with noble efforts and in good faith with the oppressed Afghanistan people in mind fighting a dictatorship from a rapacious Russian commie overlord, and with hopes that that backward country would progress just as the rest of humanity did and evolve through trade, education and opportunities.

Without american support and firepower, the talibans would not have existed and every afghan an irreligous commie.

Yet when the russians were overthrown, the Al Queda, with its power, instead of elevating the lives of its people, it regressed back to the times of the Ottoman Turks, brutally ruled over man, women and children.

What freedom had they fought for? What freedom had the Taliban given its people? What is freedom if it is to be dictated by a few in power?

Not only that, they had sent its agents to murder thousands of innocent men women and children for years.

Were they following the dictates of a merciful Almighty, or were they following the dictates of self preservation through absolute power by DELIBERATELY misinterpretating the words of a most merciful Allah to murder innocents?

For the supporters of Al Queda and the Taliban who called them 'freedom fighters' ( I puked at the noble words used on such animals) , who are the misguided ones now?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It has little to do with freedom, oppression, ethnicity, terrorism, ideals or human rights. It's all about power--the haves vs the have-nots. All these groups are just pawns. When they are useful to serve the West's interests, they are "freedom fighters," but when they become "dangerous," they have become "terrorists."

The West was threatened by Communism and the Soviets, so they interfered and supported the Afghans against them. More recently, the West needed control of the resources of the region. By fighting a "war on terror" and promoting infighting amongst the peoples of the Middle East, there was a huge amount of instability created in the region. Now, this instability keeps any kind of power from being consolidated by groups in the region who don't want to be puppets of the West. Now, there is no need to directly colonize when one can indirectly manage the situation. So of course, the West retains power and resources, destroying hundreds of thousands of innocent civilian lives in the process. Justice is irrelevant.

The worst part is, we in the West think we're freedom fighters while the innocent civilians in Afghanistan (rightly) see us in the West as the real terrorists, as we come in and kill and screw with their society. The cycle of violence, therefore, resumes. If we want them to stop attacking us, we have to stop attacking them (and interfering in their governments).

[edit on 1-8-2010 by muftanan]

[edit on 1-8-2010 by muftanan]

top topics

join