It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW: Assange Interview with Judge Napolitano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
UPDATE: This is the same show the full Assange interview will be on.

In case anyone is interested, Justin Raimondo, of AntiWar.com will appear on Fox Business Channel, Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano airs four times this weekend:

Saturday 7/31 10 a.m. ET
Saturday 7/31 8 p.m. ET
Sunday 8/1 7 p.m. ET
Sunday 8/1 11 p.m. ET

Here is Justin's latest article: Why We Need WikiLeaks

Mod Edit: Altered thread title upon member's request.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Bump for time sensitive material.

More articles by Justin Raimondo:

Bradley Manning's Gift

Bibi Unmased

The Complexity Conundrum

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just found this information.

He is appearing on the same show as Assange. The following is a brief excerpt from the entire interview.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Bumped for time-sensitive information.

If anyone finds a video of this interview, please post it here? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here is the interview from I assume the early Saturday broadcast...or at least 14 minutes of it.

Video at this link...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He speaks of the framers of the U.S. Constitution taking great care with the First Amendment to ensure comprehensive protection of the press.

He also says they have never lost a source yet. Bradley Manning is being held in Kuwait and is accused of being the source for some PREVIOUS material they have released.

He also says he doesn't feel it's likely to happen that the U.S. government would assassinate him. That Australia would not stand for it. But that it is concerning with the recent Obama decision to assassinate U.S. citizen.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Interesting it is an offshoot of FoxNews who gives Assange a venue and even more that Napalitano thanks him for his work. I say interesting in that if you consider the opinion of those on ATS concerning FoxNews, you would think they would do the opposite.

In watching this unfold, I've been dully impressed by how Fox has presented all sides of this.

Napolitano seemed to at the time he taped this not know that informants were named in the documents and that the Taliban has made a statement they will go through them, inferring the informants will be killed. What concerns me is Assange says he went through these carefully, so why were not the names redacted to protect lives? He must have known those named would have a target on their heads?

The other thing I picked up today is that Assange said he provided the White House copies to vet beforehand as cover for his releasing the names, but now admits he in fact relied on the New York Times to do that for him. That begins to place a shadow on Assange's credibility and motives.

I've always followed the rule to follow the money to understand peoples motives. I can't help but wonder, considering Assanges global lifestyle and seeming ready supply of money, what sort of cash he is taking in from dontations. He mentions on this today he is raising funds to defend his source. I'd love to see his Administration costs and his books overall. I wonder if Assange, if he reads here, would be kind enough to provide those? After all a man who earns his living based on the fact he thinks information like that should be readily available could hardly refuse.

Anyone here know if their is a source for his financial records in full? If not, why do you fully trust him? I just went through WikiLeaks and can not find a link to their financial disclosure anywhere. I know in dealing with organizations like non-profits and charities, the credible ones make their finances transparent. Generally they place a link in a sensible and easy to find location on their sites. With groups of this nature it's important to know to determine credibility and motive. Just how does he hop around the Globe at will and how does he pay for it?

How many of us could even begin to travel as he does? My middle-class income would not even begin to cover even a portion of it. Only the wealthiest are able to do such things.

Thinking out loud. Sorry to drift off topic.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thinking out loud is good.

My thoughts on how Fox is covering this are along the lines of yours. But Napolitano for the most part, to me anyway, is pretty fair and balanced. In fact, he often seems to be shushed by others on Fox when he strays too far off the...um...how shall I put this...approved mark.

As for why names weren't redacted, I don't know. Here again it is of interest as to who re-reported the story about these names being leaked, how, and why. I believe it was Bloomberg and the WSJ who made the biggest issue of it (going from memory...will have to check). If that tells anyone anything.

As for the names themselves, you might be interested in the analysus LarryLove here at ATS put together. It's a more decent analysis than I've seen so far in the MSM in this thread..

As to Assange himself. He seems pretty confident and committed to the spread of information and the truth. I don't know anything about his financial situation.

I do believe that what we are watching is a battle between two factions pretty high up in the government.

Example: The CFR might want the information released to get us OUT of Iraq, Afghanistan and keep us out of Iran, but the PNAC/neocon/Zionist factions what to keep us IN.

Look at which media outlets are reporting the story and HOW they are reporting it for a clue to this. To me, some clearly are bigger supporters of one faction over another.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The show airs again in its entirety in 20 minutes. Just an FYI.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This show is on now for anyone who wants to catch it in it's entirety.

Just letting everyone know...

top topics

join