It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you write to BP?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My husband and I have BP gas cards.We just received a letter from
BP explaining what all they are doing to" clean up the golf and make
this right".
The letter goes on to explain...
1.We're responding and taking full responsibility for the clean up:
some of our efforts include...
Over 39,000 people are working for the GOM response effort.
More than 5000 vessels,including many local fisherman and 110 aircraft
are now engaged in the response effort.
Over 7 million feet of boom has been deployed to prevent oil from reaching
the shoreline.
2.Financial support for those directly impacted.
3.BP stations are a part of your community.
The vast majority of our stations are locally owned and employ more than
50,000 people across the U.S.

I would like to respond to this letter.I am asking you all for advice on
what to say,or include ,in the letter that I will write.Thank-you very much!

[edit on 30-7-2010 by mamabeth]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I really hope someone will eventually read this.
The crickets' chirping is very loud and depressing.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ahh,come on people,I can't believe nobody wants to
tell BP what they really think!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
here's my thoughts...

Dear killers,

You should have known that what you were doing was quite risky, and now you are paying for your ignorance. I, as one who loves the ocean, am apalled by your gross negligence on this. The things were called "fail safe", but, you can not depend entirely on a label! If one person were to speak up on the fact that you were venturing into very risky territory, and that if this failed and the blowout preventers woud not stop, you would not be where you are now. But, then again, they would have been fired would they not?

You waited so long to finally go out and take responsibility for this and NOW, now you are trying to be innocent. But, for how long did volunteers and Gulf residents have to clean up after your mess??? How long did they have to push for you to claim responsibility? How many animals have you killed, how many taken out before they even hatched?! And the dispersants don't get rid of the oil, just mix it with the water more! Now sponges, whales, fish, MARINE LIFE, will have to pay for your mistake!

You have lost business over this, and that is probably the only reason you are trying to apologize now, to get your money back! I fell no remorse for you.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
What would you write to BP?

Dear Temp,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my response. I know life is hard these days. I am grateful for our momentary connection. I am grateful for you. We are brethren despite the conditions we live in these day. There is no need for you to type these comments into your system there because I don't want to give the machine fuel for its propaganda.

At the end of the day, the only thing I can do is give you 5 minutes to yourself to reflect on this response. I hope it brings a smile to your face and perhaps you and your fellow temps can have a chuckle.

If a manager happens to ask why you are so happy please provide her or him this note. I forgive you Mr. Manager. We are all victims of corporate crimes.

Cheers
Ex-BP Customer

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I did write to BP and the Whitehouse! My letter several weeks ago was in reference to the dispersants being used in the gulf. I wanted to get this across and not go on to other agendas as this was foremost in my mind of great importance - the stuff is poison!! Never heard a word from BP or the Whitehouse. We the American people are not heard! They could care less what we say or think!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

A lot of good points to bring up.Thank-you for
your imput.When I write the letter,I'll let everyone
know what I wrote.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I like this one as well.I want to cancel our BP
account,I don't think my husband wants to though.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Where did you mail it to?Do you have an account
with them as well?I want to cut up my cards and
mail the pieces to them.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You couldn't publish it!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

Please explain what you mean by that post.
Why couldn't I print it?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

White House Address:*

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Best to post something on the envelope about what it is regarding.

As for the BP mailing address it has since been taken down, that figures. I have it someplace in my files, will try to find it for you.

No address for BP credit cards either, just a phone number.

Seems some don't want to get their mail.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The letter I have has an address and phone number.

BP Products North America
28100 Torch Parkway
Warrenville,IL 60555
(800)333-3991

Mods,if this is a violation,please remove!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

This is brilliant.

Thanks for the glimmer.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I would tell that i am sorry for using oil in my car and that if we didnt need their oil they wouldnt have to go and look for it,but we do need it so start drilling some more .just not in my backyard.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well considering BP has pulled out all the stops to get this situation sorted should at least be recognised. They have probably done more that any company in history to address the immediate problem. I did not see the same effort by US companies to resolve Bhopal, for example, nor politicians frantic to right the wrongs of that disaster which makes this particular oil spill somewhat trivial in human terms.

I would ask BP when the other companies involved in the disaster are going to come forward, such as Halliburton, and explain themselves.

I would also ask if they had a view as to why some US politicians seem bent on running BP down and would question whether these politicians are being lobbied by other - competitor - oil companies or domestic interest. I am very cynical about the timing of Bob Menendez’s vendetta against BP’s alleged involvement in the release of for Megrahi.

Furthermore, I would question whether BP feel they will be blamed for the existing vast dead zone in the Gulf caused by industrial and agricultural pollution spewing out from the Mississippi. This pollution is constant and unrestrained and US politicians have been content to let it continue. Does BP think this is a double standard?

Regards

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'd write to BP and all the other oil giants: Thank you for helping me not to have to live like a Neanderthal.

Yes, I know. Our politicians are bent on making Capitalism into the evil empire. In a way it would be nice to see all the electricity drained from Washington, DC. All the lights and the microphones would go off in Washington. Nothing would be heard from them. In that way I could accept learning to live without oil.

I'm not surprised that China, Brazil, Russia, Cuba, Lybia and just about everyone else will continue to drill in the Gulf of Mexico. For many Americans, that is a relief. They can blame another country for killing seagulls. While America will continue to buy oil from China, Brazil, Russia, Cuba, Lybia and just about everyone else. While Americans continue to yell, "We need to get off foreign oil!"

Yes, BP and all the other oil giants, I know that you understand the illogical charade America is playing. I have no doubt that you will continue to supply the rest of the world with the oil they need. While the rest of the world turns around to sell oil to America.

Semper Fi, BP and all the other oil giants.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Oh Boy! Another person pretending that if our world wasnt controlled by a handful of wealthy oil men that we woudl all live in caves eating mastadon meat!

Guf-Faw!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would say that making dangerous cuts to save 100,000k a day has now cost them billions.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I hope they learned their lesson, because we sure have learned ours.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I like to pretend that the world is run by a bunch of people standing in welfare lines waiting for their food stamps. Indeed, it does sound as though the world will become more Utopian like if it is run by those who suffer the most by profiting the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join