It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside The Criminal Federal Reserve Gold Vault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The criminal private banking cartel you call the Federal Reserve Bank issued a document that covers some of the features of the NY Fed’s gold vault back in 2004.

I found the document quite interesting so I figured I’d share it with you.

The Key to the GOLD VAULT

Some excerpts that I found amusing.

The document opens with this statement:

Indeed, there can be no other criterion, no
other standard than gold. Yes, gold, which
never changes, which can be shaped into
ingots, bars, coins, which has no nationality
and which is eternally and universally
accepted as the unalterable fiduciary
value par excellence.
-Charles de Gaulle

I nearly LOLed out of my chair.

In mid – 2004, the Fed’s vault contained roughly 266 million troy ounces of gold (1 troy oz. is 1.1 times as heavy as the avoirdupois ounce, with which we are more familiar), representing 25 to 30 percent of the world’s official monetary gold reserves. At the time, the vault gold’s value was $9.5 billion at the official U.S. Government price of $42.2222 per troy ounce, or about $90 billion at the market price of $400 an ounce.

At the current official U.S. Government price, one of the vault’s gold bars (approximately 27.4 pounds) is valued at about $17,000. At a $400 market price, the same bar is worth about $160,000.

Now, let us look at that in todays prices. On this day at this very moment, gold is trading at $1175.80 an oz.

Recalculating the price of a 400 oz gold bar gives us $470,320.00 worth of gold per bar.

Each bar on the shelf represents nearly a half million dollars. This is one of the smaller “libraries” of gold inside the vault, not an actual storage compartment which contain far more bars than this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f8974a963b7.jpg[/atsimg]

At gold’s real value of $52,911.00 per oz., which excludes unbacked paper EFT holdings, each gold bar is worth $21,164,400.00.

The real value of one full rack, which contains 17 bars, is $359,794,800.00

For a larger picture, see my blog post.

new topics

join