It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder - What else would you be doing exactly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I was sitting here drinking a good bottle of merlot and watching some good brain rotting "Big Brother" and it hit me.

All ye who pontificate of the mythical "Powers that Be" pushing us all towards their dangerous and derranged version of a new world order that has so encapsulated us into this alternate reality that we are only slaves to.

All ye who are convinced that we're in some kind of Matrix like reality where secret and deceptive powers have control over us - completely above our perception of reality.

All ye who have absolute conviction in the lack of TRUTH that exists in our every day life.

What else exactly would you rather be doing? I mean, I for one am happy to be able to go and buy my grocieries in one day, go to work, and then sit back and do nothing productive for at least and hour or two every night.

To me, all this "wake up" business forgets one really important fact:

What else are you planning on doing?

If TV, Radio, Food, Print, and everything else is just tools of TPTB - what are they hiding from us exactly? Are they hiding insanely stressful decisions that are so above our level of concern?

Are they hiding the imminent destruction of our planet?

Are they hiding secret societies that actually control the planet?

Seriously - who cares? If given the choice to either live my life or stress over the operations of the global society.. I'll take living my life and leave the latter to the people that actually give a crap.

I'm not apathetic, but I'm realistic and I feel that my reality is what I make it. The prayer
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

Seems oh-so pertinent at times like these....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well, for some of us...it's just plain entertaining. Searching for "the truth" or digging up conspiracies have the same effect on us as vegging out in front of the television has on you.

We enjoy it.

So seriously...who cares who does what?

Let's all go on about our business.

Your point is well taken though.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I read all this for entertainment as well, it's not so much the people trying to uncover the conspiracy as it is the people that are insisting that they must do something about it.

If you claim that we're only slaves, what exactly is it you'd do with your freedom?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'd rather be fishing, hunting, farming without a tax that forces me to earn an income which forces me to pay another tax.

This whole share-cropping with a gun to my head thing isnt how I imagined spending my one and only life.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
While I understand we'd all rather do stuff free of taxes, I'm not sure how you think you could do all that without having to earn a living.

You'd need land to hunt and fish on. Either someone would give you permission, or you'd have to BUY that land.

You'd also need somewhere to live. Now, while I think it'd be fun to spend a little time living like the 1400's and making my own house, clothing, etc...

I personally think it's a bit nicer to drive a car on paved roads to my home where I turn on the TV in my air conditioning.

So you'd rather go back to zero technology and where your only occupation was survival?

The taxes don't force you to earn an income - life does. They tax your income, sure, but that's not why you work.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
I personally think it's a bit nicer to drive a car on paved roads to my home where I turn on the TV in my air conditioning.

That's fine but it's not your place to dictate that way of life to others. By and large most people will be on your side. If even a million people went off the grid(s) and stopped paying into the system I doubt you and the others like you would even notice. It's highly unlikely the real long-term numbers would break several thousand.

So you'd rather go back to zero technology and where your only occupation was survival?

Yes.

The taxes don't force you to earn an income - life does. They tax your income, sure, but that's not why you work.

The only reason I work is to pay taxes. That's it. I can;t have a home without property taxes. I cant pay property taxes without an income. An income subjects me to income taxes.

The complacent laziness that comes with performing a regular task for a paycheck breeds more complacent laziness as schedules and time constraints move one out of the field and into the supermarkets. This situation creates consumers. Consumers create debt.

I would much rather toil 18 hours a day for survival than sit on my ass for 8 to pay for cable TV. One way is real life. The other is wasting time until you die.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

That's fine but it's not your place to dictate that way of life to others. By and large most people will be on your side. If even a million people went off the grid(s) and stopped paying into the system I doubt you and the others like you would even notice. It's highly unlikely the real long-term numbers would break several thousand.

Yes.

The only reason I work is to pay taxes. That's it. I can;t have a home without property taxes. I cant pay property taxes without an income. An income subjects me to income taxes.

The complacent laziness that comes with performing a regular task for a paycheck breeds more complacent laziness as schedules and time constraints move one out of the field and into the supermarkets. This situation creates consumers. Consumers create debt.

I would much rather toil 18 hours a day for survival than sit on my ass for 8 to pay for cable TV. One way is real life. The other is wasting time until you die.

As you're sitting on the internet (obviously on a computer, I'm sorry if I'm doubting your sincerity in your ambitions to really want to work 18 hour days toiling with simple survival.

There was a time (mainly during the period of "Manifest Destiny") where all the land out there wasn't already owned. Those days are long gone.

So sorry - you need money (or furs?) to buy land. You then need money to buy the materials to buy your house, create the weapons to hunt and farm.

Your taxes are NOT some scheme. The population at large likes things like sewage systems, trash programs, paved roads, power lines, a police force, a fire department, etc..

These items cannot exist without a common pool of money to pay for them.

While you may be perfectly willing to sit in a log cabin you miraculously built by hand with no tools (you'd have to buy those, or are you going to melt your own steel?) and defend your property with the home made gun you didn't have to buy, and throw buckets of water from the nearby pond on your house if it catches on fire... you're wife and kids may actually like the good old fire truck rolling up to keep everything you've hand made from going up in smoke.

In my opinion you're being incredibly idealistic here in your assumption of being able to go off the gird except for those darn taxes that keep pulling you in.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

What else exactly would you rather be doing? I mean, I for one am happy to be able to go and buy my grocieries in one day, go to work, and then sit back and do nothing productive for at least and hour or two every night.

Whatever my souls wants.
2nd

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

As you're sitting on the internet (obviously on a computer, I'm sorry if I'm doubting your sincerity in your ambitions to really want to work 18 hour days toiling with simple survival.

Sure am sitting at a computer. At my damn job. The damn job I need to pay my damn taxes.

There was a time (mainly during the period of "Manifest Destiny") where all the land out there wasn't already owned. Those days are long gone.

The government bought it all up for pennies on the dollar to take the homesteading option away.

So sorry - you need money (or furs?) to buy land. You then need money to buy the materials to buy your house, create the weapons to hunt and farm.

No. I dont. We got along as a species quite well before money and taxes.

Your taxes are NOT some scheme. The population at large likes things like sewage systems, trash programs, paved roads, power lines, a police force, a fire department, etc..

Sure they're a scheme but that's besides the point. My question still stands unanswered. Why the hell is it so important I participate? With 300 million sucker Americans paying in whose going to miss my meager contribution? Especially when I do not wish to make use of any of these "services" great lord government so generously decided I need?

In my opinion you're being incredibly idealistic here in your assumption of being able to go off the gird except for those darn taxes that keep pulling you in.

I was off it before. My family had been off of it for generations until the lords came in demanding their share.

These chains arent even terribly old in the time-line of human history and you're already so accustomed to them taking them for granted as "always been" staples of existence. Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I was off it before. My family had been off of it for generations until the lords came in demanding their share. These chains arent even terribly old in the time-line of human history and you're already so accustomed to them taking them for granted as "always been" staples of existence. Disgusting.

... Rome had taxes, that was a LONG LONG time ago. Rome also had money, as did the early Chinese, the Africans, Egyptians....

Remember Moses had to get the Jews out of Egypt to ... THEIR OWN LAND. Which they paid for - albeit in blood.

See, the land always belongs to someone - you either pay in money or blood - but you will always pay. It's the only thing we can't make more of.

And when on earth have YOU ever been free of needing to buy stuff in your life time?

You simply can't make everything yourself. You need the tools and resources to make stuff.

The concept of money and needing it came about because as primitive societies grew - bartering for goods and services just wasn't a practical way to do business.

That part at least is not the conspiracy. People need things, and people want things. This isn't a black helicopter Illuminati secret - it's LIFE.

I cannot farm for crap, but I sure can make a good map. So make maps that the farmers will use to figure out where their land starts/ends. I use the money they give for the map to buy their food (and other people's food too).

Guess what - I got a job!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'd rather be fishing, hunting, farming without a tax that forces me to earn an income which forces me to pay another tax.

This whole share-cropping with a gun to my head thing isnt how I imagined spending my one and only life.

Somewhat Originally reposted by The Utopian Penguin

Ditto !

[edit on 31-7-2010 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

reply to post by nyk537

I read all this for entertainment as well, it's not so much the people trying to uncover the conspiracy as it is the people that are insisting that they must do something about it.

If you claim that we're only slaves, what exactly is it you'd do with your freedom?

For one I might take about six months off every year and see the world on land or by sea. I'm sure that would get old after a while but I'd like to try it until I get tired of it. There are people who can do that believe it or not. I'm not one of them.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'd rather live in society where people are encouraged to be creative and enjoy what it is to be human. I think people should have more time to persue the things in life that make them feel human, rather than the de humanising work that most people do on a daily basis. People are alienated from the work in which they do. I mean when you were kid was it your ambition to work as a check out assistant or to flip burgers. Did you want to be a salesman, selling the wares of a corporation that doesn't give a damn about you or to work in office creating documents and reports that no one will ever read.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

What else would you be doing exactly?

Robbin' spree.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

reply to post by Voyager1

So to summerize:

You'd rather live in a world where you didn't have to work but only had to pursue your desires of fancy....

Here's the raw truth of life - you have to work to have luxury. Sorry. That's been a staple of life since it began. There is no free lunch.

I'm sure we'd all rather only do the things in life we find enjoyable, but unfortunately unless we put in a little blood, sweat, and tears.... we'll just get nothing and like it.

You want time off??? You have to have a job to have time off, otherwise it's just called unemployed.

You want more time to pursue your arts? Become an artist, there are lots of them "starving" or getting great government grants.

Seriously. All you guys are saying is "I dont want to work as hard as I do and I want more stuff and vacation time."

Guess what - they don't pay you more because it's more fun.

AND - those people that are rich and don't have to work... guess what - someone in their past worked their arse off so later generations wouldn't have to... that's life.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate

What else would you be doing exactly?

Robbin' spree.

TheAssoc.

I give you points for honesty - but I'd also like to reference you to Mr. "I just want to fend for myself and my 40 acres and mule" up above....

You two would get along great.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'd rather be golfing.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You two would get along great.

Until I stole his mule and pawned it.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

You can golf now though... LOL

That's the point of the "rant". If some of these folks think we're slaves to the masters... what is it exactly you're not being allowed to do because you're a slave?

top topics

join