It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream that's been bothering me...Possible meaning??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I hope I put this in the correct forum as this is my 1st thread. If not, Mods please move & thank you.

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that has been bothering me.
It was a fairly short dream. I was lying on the ground while a massive wolf was branding me with his paw on my upper thigh/hip area. It was so painful in my dream state that the pain woke me up & I was rubbing my thigh & psychologically feeling the pain in real life. I didn't bang it or anything in my sleep as I was lying on my opposite side. I don't watch any of these movies with where wolves or even wolves in them for that matter...I can't let this dream go & was wondering if anyone had any idea if there may be a possible meaning for this branding of a wolf paw??? Thanks in advance for any replies!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So how do you feel about a wolf answering this

It sounds as though he is "claiming" you as his.
Or offering protection. Wolves are pack animals, and very family orientated.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by snowspirit]

[edit on 29-7-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You are having financial problems that are disturbing you at this time. You fear that these problems will be prolonged out of your control.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
So how do you feel about a wolf answering this
It sounds as though he is "claiming" you as his. Or offering protection

Don't know?? Not to get morbid, but my 41 year old brother was found dead 3 days later...So of course, anything surrounding his death I seem to want to question!! I know sounds crazy right?? I like your protection theory

O, & thank you for replying snowspirit.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Thank you for this link as I could not for the life of me find any info when I searched, which is why I thought to ask here..Again thank you!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

well, not at the moment, but I pray not in the future either. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I was editing and adding to my theory as you were answering. The wolf is very "alpha" and I just added family orientated. Could the wolf be representing your brother, was he protective? The dream wolf didn't sound harmful in any way. A paw, although hot (branding) feels like a protective gesture to me.

And no, it doesn't sound crazy at all. Now I feel I might be spot on in interpreting the dream.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear about your brother...but if your brother passed away three days after this dream then I'd venture to say that the dream is related.

It's interesting that the wolf was trying to brand you...I don't like the sound of that. If you don't get a good answer try sending a U2U to Woodywitch and ask her if she has any insight or whether she can recommend someone who might.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The wolf could possibly be your totem or guardian. It could have been a warning of a possible wound that you might receive. If taken as a branding, as you suggest, it may simply be that he is letting himself be known to you.

If you ride motorcycles, as I do, you might want to put it up for a week or so, or ride with more vigilance.

If you are active duty military overseas you might want to watch your flank for awhile.

I know that some dreams like that are bothersome, but sometimes our apprehensions cause problems where previously there were none.

Just remember that your interpretation that you were being "branded" is indeed your own interpretation. It could simply mean that you might develop a hip difficulty.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am sorry about your loss. It does sound like your 'Totem' has awoken you to the real pain of being the leader of your clan.

If you find yourself without a clan then it is time to allow the wolf to guide you, he or she will show themselves and reveal themselves through your daily life and through the people involved with you. Now is the time to form a better sense of community in these coming times. I see no Totem more fitting than the Wolf.

Blessings to you, because this was a Blessed Dream (if that is what you want to call it).

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Back when I was a teen I dreampt a casket was following me up a hill.
I was running and heard a wolf howl..the casket opened and I saw the
face of a dead "relative"..someone who had passed years and years beforehand...thus, the POSSIBLE spirit, death and wolf connection.
many times there is no figuring this thing out for what it is except maybe
to see our own intuition, self protection and awareness.
I'm sorry to sound so scary but I had to face these questions myself.
It's been a long time since I had that dream and I still don't get it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I might mean that you're walking the wrong path and the heat means you're gonna get burned or run into a rival pack.

just my .02

[edit on 29-7-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You were in submissive position, this is how it works with alpha wolf, and will put paw on you because in sence he owns you.
Is there a person around you are afraid of, that you owe money or they want money.
I can't see your Brothers death involved unless there was foul play
Unless there is meaning that, now you will be the Alpha wolf.

I remember waking from a night mare, a wolf was ripping my throat out and I woke up laughing my A off, was great.

Now I have dreams, I running on all fours, and it's cool when I dig my front claws in to the ground as I run faster and faster. Howl, Howllllll

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I'm actually a female & the oldest child of 3. I was only 1 yr. older them my bro.
Thankfully we owe no one money..

I MUST thank everyone for all your insightful & wonderful replies. I knew the decision I made to come here & ask you all about this was a good one!! Now I must take into consideration everything I have read...I also must add, I felt no fear with the wolf, only annoyance. Again thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have recently been able to get my hands on an antique book titled:

THE NATIONAL DREAM BOOK
By Madame Camille Le Normand

Whenever I have a quite distinct dream now I try and refer to it and see if it bears any significance.

There is a specific entry for the Wolf and It is as follows:

The wolf signifies an avaricious mam, cruel and crafty; hence to dream of having overcome a wolf, predicts a triumph over a man possesing the characteristic of that animal; but if bitten by the wolf, it is a sign of exactly the contary nature.

Now dreams are specific only to YOU, and only you would know the real meaning. If I were to hazard a guess though as I see dreams as a kind of glimpse into the very near future, that your Brothers time in this World was over and that the dream was to be a comfort to you, the pain only being there to make sure you remembered it.

My sympathies, take care. Hope this helped a little.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Thank you!! I am very jealous that you are in possession of such a book. I wasn't sure if the dream had any relevance to my brothers death, which is why I didn't put it into my original post. But after thinking about it, I thought it was quite possibly relative. Especially given that the dream was only days before he died.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Its an Ok book, I had to get it though because I am starting to collect antiquarian books and I am keen on the subject, and it has been re-binded and it looks fantastic!

I do firmly believe though that only you know the true meaning to your dreams, and that they are all unique to each person. It is nice to think though that in an age not too long ago people cared and were interested enough to write and publish such a detailed collection.

It has several pages citing sources of famous dreams which led to bearing an effect on the dreamer in the waking reality, and some of them are realy facsinating.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Were you and your brother close?

Did your dream have elements that you can identify with dreams you have had in the past ie, feelings or impressions rather than content?

Have you ever had a precognitive dream in the past?

My initial thoughts (after reading the post where you tell us of your brothers' death) are that the wolf represents your brother or pack-mate, that the 'branding' made on the hip signifies a literal meaning that you will suffer pain because of someone you are very close too, ie 'joined at the hip' and that you will carry the 'mark' of this hurt for a lifetime. There may also be a connection with your mother and the grief she experiences at losing a child and the impact this may have on you and the rest of your family.

My condolences to you in the loss of your brother.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Were you and your brother close?

Did your dream have elements that you can identify with dreams you have had in the past ie, feelings or impressions rather than content?

Have you ever had a precognitive dream in the past?

My initial thoughts (after reading the post where you tell us of your brothers' death) are that the wolf represents your brother or pack-mate, that the 'branding' made on the hip signifies a literal meaning that you will suffer pain because of someone you are very close too, ie 'joined at the hip' and that you will carry the 'mark' of this hurt for a lifetime. There may also be a connection with your mother and the grief she experiences at losing a child and the impact this may have on you and the rest of your family.

My condolences to you in the loss of your brother.

I hope no one minds that I am revisiting my thread. Much has happened since that dream. First, I would like to address your post. Yes, my bro & I were very close. He lived with me for a few years. Yes I have had precog dreams in the past. Rare though. I never told my oldest about my dream. She came to me about a month later saying she had a scary dream a wolf was chasing her. Here's the biggie.....I am very close with my mom. Last August she was rushed to cooper with what turned out to be later stage of cancer. Doc sent her home for 2 weeks and told her she should get her affairs in order because the chances of surviving her type of surgery were slim. They had to remove her kidney, open her chest, it was awful......she not only survived the surgery, she is now doing fabulous!! Thank you all for your condolences for my bro. We actually seen a rainbow on the day of my brothers funeral 2 years ago. So glad I have ATS posters to turn to for advice

top topics

<<   2 >>

join