It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with dream interpretation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hello,

I don't really pay attention to dreams like I used to- and lately I seldom remember or care to try.

But anyway, this morning I recalled perfectly my dream. And I'm trying to find some meaning...but I'm not going anywhere with the separate dream interpretations I find on the net- so anyone skilled who would like to help me out with this one, would be really appreciated. =)

So, I was on a fun excursion on a cemetery with other people- and I was with my camera- (I love photography); and looking for interesting things to capture with it- when something catches my eye. It was like a little pink cat's head magnet made of pottery which was decorating one of the vases above a tomb.

I thought: "oh my mother is going to love this- (as she really is fond of cats)". But then I also reflected, she might not liked the photo because it's a tomb-
(Besides I was a few meters away and I even preceived a first name written on it- and seemed hers).

But is a fairly common first name, so I didn't think that was weird. But anyway, that made me declined the idea of photographying it. =D

As I approached it to look closely- there were 6 orange flowers- each in a different vase- displayed above the tomb in lines of 3- with the cats head magnet in the middle. I came closer to look carefuly at the name written below the cat's magnet-
From the distance- I thought it said my mother's name, but, I was quiet surprised when I discovered the name- was MINE!.

And in the dream I thought: "which are the possibilities of finding someone with my name"- hmmm. this is strange". and laugh.
(Okay, that's only because my name is not common at all).

Then I don't remember much, I think I woke up. and laugh again. !

So what these all means? some kind of change approaching?-

*edited spelling*

[edit on 29/7/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am by no means a professional but here is what I got from it.

I see some kind of indecision you are struggling with in your life.

I also see a fear of disappointing and/or losing your mother as well as a fear of your own mortality.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As far as the numbers of flowers is concerned, that can only have the significance that you yourself place on it personally. Only in your experience would the number have any weight. No outside influence would have any direct affect on your dream, unless the influence was experienced previously in your waking life. So the number six only represents what the world has taught you, or what you have been willing to accept about the number six.

Having a camera with you in your dream, representing something that you obviously devote much of your waking thought to, makes perfect sense. You're transferring your wishes for your waking life to your dream. Perfectly normal.

The fact that you find yourself in a cemetery in your dream could be strange, but might not be. Me and my friends used to carouse around a cemetery when we were young. I don't know if you have or not, but a lot of kids do it. Usually at night. You know, sex and drugs and stuff...

If you don't hang out in cemeteries with your friends, then I would say that you're having some mortality anxiety, which every human experiences every day, at least subconsciously. Your mother's name is significant, even if it is a common name. You fear the loss of your mother, and being psychically unwilling to accept your mother's name on a tombstone, you replaced it with your own. That just tells me that you are a selfless person naturally, and possibly that you fear your mother's inevitable demise more than your own. If that is true, then you are destined for great things.

Little pink cat's head? That's just cute girl stuff that you threw in there for fun!

My girlfriend has nightmares a lot about someone chasing her, trying to stab her with knives, trying to shoot her, etc...

If you have dreams like that, quit procrastinating. If you meant to do something today, but put it off, it inspires self condemnation and can manifest in the form of nightmares. The longer you put stuff off, and the more you care, the worse they can become.

Remember - if someone's chasing you in your dream, it's really just yourself. You represent all of the actors within your dreamscape. Remember that when you interact with others in your dreams... your just talking to yourself.

And if you become lucid during your dream, and are aware of the fact that you are dreaming... FLY!!! It's a blast.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In three years you will meet someone with whom you will have a friendly relationship. The relationship will last another three years. It will be memorable. The relationship will end because the other person will pass away.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
In three years you will meet someone with whom you will have a friendly relationship. The relationship will last another three years. It will be memorable. The relationship will end because the other person will pass away.

That's a pretty effed up piece of scata to pull right out of your arse. YOU made me circumvent the censors with greek, western European slang and phonetics! Quit scaring the poor girl.

All that stuff he just said.... yeah, that's probably not going to happen.

FOR SHAME!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow,

That would be an intense experience (dream). I can only offer a metaphor if that helps any.

Death is Freedom! Seriously, think about your life and ask yourself, "of what would I wish to be free from".

I would say that there are six flowers because they represent six friendships. Who else would have left them there. Obviously you recognized the cat pin as something your Mother would Love, perhaps you need confirmation of her Love for you.

Overall, I do not see death and dying dreams as literal, instead I see them as an expression of Freedom. Maybe since you arrived with a group of people that you are going to take a trip, I cannot imagine a more relaxing vacation than one where a tombstone is the marker! LOL It certainly marks an ending but not a finality.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wow guys, thanks a lot for the interpretations!!!!
I appreciate them all

I'm definitely not afraid of death-

I'm a spiritual person... who belives death is just a transition, a transformation, like the XIII card of tarot. =D

And yes, I think it's NOT my time- yet.

So I was not worried this could be related to my "real" death.

Besides, the dream had a happy tone, fun, never a nightmare. I haven't had a "bad dream" in a looooooooooooooooong time, years I guess-
Probably because there are a really few things I fear.
I think I'm a pretty fearless person. If that is the correct expression...

Anyways..about my loved ones- yes, might be an unconscious theme.

DARKCYDE_CROWLEY- You hit the nail when said- indecision period struggling in my life. Exactly.

DeltaCaos- Well, I'm not a teen anymore- I'm 26.
And yes, I've been once or two to the cemetery with friends in the past.
However these were not friends- just people that were on an excursion, we were like a turist group. Instead of going to visit a museum we went on a trip to the cemetary =P

About numer six, I relate it to numerology.

I almost never have dreams of people chasing me or stuff like that. And like I've said before this was not a nightmare. It was a just a bizarre dream.

And don't worry, I'm not upset about what JimScott said. I don't belive in it- but anyway, Besides, 3 years???? that's quiet a LONG time.

Greensage, Yeah you are right as well, I need to break free from certain situation.
AND I need a vacation too!

thanks guys again.

[edit on 29/7/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here's my shot:

3 years from the fall of this year there will be a major change in your life involving your mother. This change will give you a clue to another major transition 3 years following as it will be similar in nature but will only involve you. Throughout these changes you will feel as though you are looking in on the events, as if they are happening to another person. You will know the time of change is imminent when you begin to feel this way, be ready. The change you must decipher on your own but remember the 1st will give you a clue as to the 2nd. Be strong, your friends will be around you supporting you and will make these times of transition easier. The cat relates not only to your mother but also to a deeper understanding of reality, which if you are open will be gained by you through both transitions.

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

I've been thinking- the cat is related to me- I tried to remember the cat's face with detail and realized it was very similar to oe of my tattoos of an egyptian cat with an harp in its tail I had done in my teens.
hah... =O

So, I stick by the interpretations of the above members. The dream relates to a situation I'm dealing with NOW and needs to change.

Besides, I don't really look into "what will happen in the future".
I live day by day, and enjoy the present.
I read tarot cards myself, birth charts and numerology- with these tools you can take a hint into "the future"-... ;of course I belive there's something like "a traced line"- a fate to each person-
but ultimately there's free will.
And, the mind- is the key.

cheers

[edit on 30/7/10 by plutoxgirl]

new topics

top topics

join