It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Accounts Of UFOs Through The Ages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This thread will mention UFO sightings in a historical context, that means excluding any theological aspects like the bible, quran etc..

I came across a webpage that had compiled a nice list of various sightings ranging from 1500 B.C. up until the present. But lets focus on the ones from the 1900 and all the way back. However, I don't know of the legitimacy of these sightings, and it would take a long time to try and confirm each and every one, but it might at the least be amusing to read through them nonetheless.

I will mention some of them in this thread, and provide the URL below so you can read through it yourself if you're interested. I encourage anyone that might elaborate or share some more historical accounts of UFOs to share them as well. Here we go;

1,500 BC:
Pharaoh Thutmose III In Egypt, the Pharaoh Thutmose III sees silent, foul-smelling circles of fire and flying discs in the sky.

329 BC:
Alexander the Great, via his historians: told of 2 strange objects in the sky that dived repeatedly at his army as they were attempting a river crossing. (Jaxartes River). The action so panicked his elephants, horses, and men they had to abandon the river crossing until the following day. They were described as great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims.

90 BC:
From Prodigia of Julius Obsequens, Rome "At Aernarie, while Livius Troso was promulgating the laws at the beginning of the italiian war, at sunrise, there came a terrific noise in the sky, and a globe of fire appeared burning in the north. In the territory of Spoletum, a globe of fire, of golden color, fell to the earth gyrating. It then seemed to increase in size, rose from the earth and ascended into the sky, where it obscured the sun with its brilliance. It revolved toward the eastern quadrant of the sky."

1492 AD, October 11, 10:00 PM:
From "The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus." Christopher Columbus and Pedro Gutierrez while on the deck of the Santa Maira, observed, "a light glimmering at a great distance." It vanished and reappeared several times during the night, moving up and down, "in sudden and passing gleams." It was sighted 4 hours before land was sighted, and taken by Columbus as a sign they would soon come to land.

1528:
At the Siege of Utrecht in Holland " A cruel and strange sight was seen in the sky, which terrified the townspeople and made the enemy think he would get the city. It was the form of a Burgundian cross right over the city, high in the sky, yellow in color, and fearful to behold."

Source: UFOs Through the Ages... A Timeline

Would recommend reading through it, it's pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Chinese lanterns.

Secret technology.

HAARP.

Oh wait, they weren't invented then? Oops.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
Chinese lanterns.

Secret technology.

HAARP.

According to popular lore, the Kongming Lantern (Chinese: 孔明灯) was the first hot air balloon, said to be invented by the sage and military strategist Zhuge Liang, whose reverent term of address (i.e. Chinese style name) was Kongming. They were first deployed at the turn of the 3rd century as a type of signaling balloon.

-wikipedia

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
Chinese lanterns.

Secret technology.

HAARP.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Ah, I missed that... good point.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We can't even a history from 1917, the assumed launch of
the Tesla craft.
Which is terribly close the WWI.
Then the big cone coil development was close to WWII.
Then all we get from the 40s on is Foo craft.
However people have various sightings of craft from
Rex Heflin, in the Hudson Valley and Belgium and
Walton in a base sees three types of craft of which
one was flat like Hefln's.
So some type of aircraft is in production.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Thanks for that. Tesla is always interesting, but I've never heard of that flying machine concept he had, I'll check it out.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

Thanks for that. Tesla is always interesting, but I've never heard of that flying machine concept he had, I'll check it out.

pdf download, Tesla talks of his aircraft
an html of the pdf
a text conversion

A search with the right key words might land the first link.
Of note: Tesla's airship goes 300 miles per second.
It is suspended from above and goes side to side.
Bill Lyne thinks every 30 degrees there are pressure coils for speed.
Think of a coil as a mechanical spring that pushes the ether in
a bunch of pulses as electricity goes straight to sound or pressure
waves.
ED: Such flowery language and no evidence perhaps or not.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but i'm not quite familiar with the subject yet, but are there any patents of Tesla regarding any such device? It wouldn't surprise me though, as Tesla was such a prolific and innovative person, but some government agency had a raid of his residency after he died?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
akorra.com...

Scroll down the sighting from Cloera in Ireland in 1211.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks, that was very interesting, hope you don't mind that I quote it here;

The occurrence took place at a church in the borough of Cloera. It was a Sunday and so the people of the area had all gathered to receive mass. The ceremony was disturbed when an anchor, hanging from the sky, swung into the church and became lodged against the arch of the doorway. Men from the congregation ran outside and saw a large ship, hanging in the air above the church. They then saw a strange person lower himself on a rope from the deck of the ship to the church doorway. It is said that he appeared to swim in the air. This simple description has been taken to imply that he was somehow light in weight or had the ability to float in the same manner as his ship. At first the men of the congregation went to seize the intruder but the priest told them not to touch him because it might kill him (a strange assumption to make but a wise precaution none the less). The strange UFO naught returned to the safety of his ship where he hastily cut the rope holding the anchor and sailed quickly out of sight. The anchor was kept in the church as proof but has since been stolen.

top topics

join