It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quran and Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well I was asked in one of my previous topics "the secrets of the Universe" whether the Quran says anything in regards to ET presence, so here I'm making a whole thread about it:

1. Quran states that there are other living creatures through out the Universe:

(42:29) of the Quran,we are told, "Among His (God's) signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth,and the living creatures that He has scattered through them :and He has power to gather them together when He wills."

- "heavens and the earth": means the Universe.
- This verse claims living creatures have been scattered through out the Universe.

- It states that these are signs, therefore it means that we will eventually contact Aliens, and even come together with them. Hence what is the point of them being "signs" if we can't detect and contact them?

2. Quran already predicted our travel to outer space, all that is left is the discovery of Aliens:

29:22, "Neither on earth nor in heaven shall you be beyond reach:nor have you any guardian or helper besides Allah." (53)

As you can see in this verse it indicates to us that we will travel outside of earth, and we have already traveled outside.

3. Quran challenges us to travel through the Universe, but why?

55:33-34,we are addressed,"O ye assembly of Jinn and men!If it be you can pass beyond the regions of the heavens and the earth,pass ye!Not without authority will ye be able to pass!Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?" (52)

Very thought provoking, this hints to us that the Universe has boundaries, very interesting indeed. This also challenges us and jins to try to pass beyond the boundaries of the Universe.

- Does the Universe have boundaries?
- What is outside the boundaries of the Universe?

In conclusion, this sets a prophecy, the prophecy is our contact with Aliens.

Thanks for your time.

ooz

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hello

Cool info...

It's one more proof that the ancient gods of all the religions are basically beings whom origin is not our planet.

Brick by brick all the evidence is pointing for eminent contact between us and some visitors (known contact by all people without secrets), the point is if they will be so avenged and severe how are depicted in the religion's text's.

It seems that they already have us enslaved, to religions in their honor... They just have to come and claim...

Hope not...

Cheers

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SgTSilvaTNP

Not really, we have ourselves enslaved by religious text, not to mention by our own culture.

It is obviously our own choice in the end, you can't blame the author, when it is the reader who chooses to become the slave of the author without any force.

I hope you understand.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yup we don't know it certainly... either we are good or bad sometimes it resides in the judgment of who observes...

I hope that the arriving of them would make this world more united and fair... but like the things are today with so much difference and confusion i think that only a great scare or test would make us work as a planet...

I think that the ancient religious text's like the Quran and the Bible have been somehow filtered in the time between the originals and today. The Bible for example in the medieval times only was written in Latin and only the priests would see it... It raises some thoughts...

Who knows?...

Cheers

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SgTSilvaTNP

There is no doubt in my mind that Aliens do exist, our duty should be to travel this universe, to discover, and to gain more knowledge.

Through that journey, I'm sure we will encounter Aliens.

But I suspect before that journey begins we will definitely have to either find portals to shorten the distance of travel, or find a way to travel faster than light without effecting the spaceship, or effecting us within the space ship for that matter.

These are not matters of possibility, or a matter of how, but a matter of when.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
That's true.

But before we go out and try to comprehend our universe i think we must try to realize who we are, search this planet, unfold all the history. Do the pre-homework stuff.

Preparation is fundamental and most of the people of this world don't comprehend themselves and don't even realize and respect our differences in this little planet, how would they do in the biggest differences that exist in the much bigger universe?

There are more people alien to each-other in our own planet than other races in the universe to us...

Before we start the "equation" of revealing the universe we must find our lowest denominator...

Cheers

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The Koran states the sun sets in amuddy field where there are beings not of this world.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You could also have a look at the 'Djinn' from the Quran. They are described as interdimensional critters who've been in and on Earth since before we have. The biggest endorser of the idea of Djinn as extraterrestrial/interdimensional creatures responsible for UFOs, ghosts and the paranormal is UFO researcher Phil Imbrogno.

I'll be clear and say it's not an idea that appeals to me, but Phil's research is taken seriously by other UFO researchers and UFO fans. He did an interview with Don Ecker on Dark Matters Radio last month. Despite my disagreement, the interview is fascinating and well-paced. It could make a decent TV episode. It's available here by right-clicking save as...Don Ecker interviews Phil Imbrogno about Djin.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Aliens exist and they are amongst us. They are the conspiracy behind all conspiracies and are not just restricted to positions in government and banks. They are within your social groups and within your work places and once you accept the disturbing truth and start using your instinct, they're unbelievably easy to spot. That isn't a call for people to start suspecting everyone and rioting though.

I'm no Christian, but Jesus is the truth and if you want to read his comments on these creatures and how it all plays out - pick up a copy of The gospel of Judas. I'm pretty sure Judas was one of them.

Reassuringly, these creatures (exactly what they are, I don't know) aren't very bright - their only real weapons are their anonymity and malign nature. They used to be common knowledge, but due to a sustained campaign of knowledge filtering, they've managed to erase their existance from the history books (the burning down of the library of Alexandria being a prime example).

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
- "heavens and the earth": means the Universe."

how do you know this is what this sentence means ? can you prove that ?

it can be Interpreted in a manner of ways, depends how you think

and with that in mind i dont believe your explanation on what they mean to be valid until you can give 100% evidence that it does

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Excellent input friend, I have always felt that written deep within all the great book exist intelligence about our distant family members within the many spances. I also find it interesting that it includes the boundries (HINTS) TO EXTERIOR UNIVERSAL LOCATIONS. The thing that caught me off guard was the point about the humans and jinns ARE THE JINNS THE INNEREARTH DWELLERS we know as indigenous reptillians. Is jinn their real name???? ?Nice thread oozyism, S&F for the efforts in bringing the light of the Quran to us friend.... Seems we really dont need disclosure we just need to read our great book on a universal level and mabey we will get all the clues. This is why I study all forms of religion...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smiler74
- "heavens and the earth": means the Universe."

how do you know this is what this sentence means ? can you prove that ?

it can be Interpreted in a manner of ways, depends how you think

and with that in mind i dont believe your explanation on what they mean to be valid until you can give 100% evidence that it does

So what do you think heavens and the earth means?

If by heaven you are confused that it means paradise, that is confusion, Paradise has a complete different word in the Quran, it is called Jannah.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by oozyism

You could also have a look at the 'Djinn' from the Quran. They are described as interdimensional critters who've been in and on Earth since before we have. The biggest endorser of the idea of Djinn as extraterrestrial/interdimensional creatures responsible for UFOs, ghosts and the paranormal is UFO researcher Phil Imbrogno.

I'll be clear and say it's not an idea that appeals to me, but Phil's research is taken seriously by other UFO researchers and UFO fans. He did an interview with Don Ecker on Dark Matters Radio last month. Despite my disagreement, the interview is fascinating and well-paced. It could make a decent TV episode. It's available here by right-clicking save as...Don Ecker interviews Phil Imbrogno about Djin.

Jins you are right, were here before us, therefore have the capability to travel through the Universe, as mentioned in the Quran.

Hence Shaytan, AKA the devil was also a Jin, but so intelligent, that he was the teacher of Angels, that being said you could also call him the programmer of Angels.

"Indeed We created man from dried clay of black smooth mud. And We created the Jinn before that from the smokeless flame of fire"
(Surah Al-Hijr 15:26-27)

The above verse clarifies that Jin were created before us.

"Indeed he (Iblis) and his tribe watch you from a position where you cannot see them"
(Surah Al-A'raf 7:27)

They can see us, we can't see them. Iblis is the name of the devil given in Quran.

Some more information:

Gordon Creighton and Chris Line, as far back as 1989, have argued that UFOs are in reality jinns in different issues of the "Flying Saucer Review". The idea that Earth's atmosphere could be the habitat of living aerial creatures which manifested as UFOs is not a new one. Charles Fort seemed to believe that too and Kenneth Arnold, who kick-started modern Ufology in 1947, also believed UFOs were living creatures. His belief that UFOs were space animals with the ability to change their density has bothered other Ufologists. Nevertheless, aerial jinns comprise only one category. Jinns are also believed to pervade the solid body of the Earth and its surface.

More info:

1. If one is mentioning the jinn purely of themselves, the are called jinni.*

2. If one is mentioning the jinn that live among mankind, they are called aamar whose plural is amaar.

3. If one is mentioning the ones that antagonize the young, they are called arwaah.

4. If one is mentioning the evil ones that antagonize humans they are called shaitan for the singular [and shayateen for plural].

More info:

The Jins can travel outside of earth, infact they had that capability along time ago, even before the Quran was revealed, they can already reach the boundaries of the Universe, we don't know what is outside, that would be interesting non the less:

The Prophet (pbuh) described how the Jinn gather information about the future. He related that the Jinn were able to travel to the lower reaches of the heavens and listen in on some of the information about the future, which the angels pass among themselves.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Great thread!

en.islamtoday.net...

^^article above is from a mainstream Sunni website that discusses the possibility of alien life in light of Qur'an.

It discusses the ayah you quoted (42:29), "And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the beasts that He has scattered throughout them both: and He has power to gather them together when He wills."

Basically, it says that the word used in Arabic for "beasts" is "Dabbah," which refers to living creatures with the ability to walk--not angels or more primitive creatures.

Also, someone was asking about "heavens and the earth." The words used are "Samawati wal Ard," which refer to the "skies (or heavens)" above the Earth, which today we call space/the universe, and also the Earth itself.

So, Allah says that He created and placed "beasts (or possibly alien life)" both on Earth and elsewhere in the Universe. Also, (and this really amazes me about the eloquent language of Qur'anic Arabic), Allah really specifically mentions that He scattered these beasts in BOTH the heavens and Earth by using the grammatical construct "fihima," which uses the Arabic "dual" form, which is different from singular or plural. So, it is reiterated that these creations of God are, again, in BOTH the heavens and Earth.

Also, later in the article, it is mentioned that the arabic word "man" (which means "those who") is used when speaking of inhabitants of the Heavens and Earth who worship God. "Man" is only used for rational, intelligent beings in Qur'anic Arabic, and there are certain ayat (13:15 and 19:93-94), which speak of "Man" (ones who) worship Allah throughout the heavens and the Earth (again the words "Samawat wal Ard" used).

Furthermore, cool point on ayah (29:22). I never thought of it that way, predicting space travel.

And another point on ayah (55:33-34), I think the challenge is directed at us when we are resurrected on the Day of Judgment and we realize we have no power at all to escape from Allah when we will finally face our deeds and hold account for our lives on Earth. I don't think these verses are a challenge to explore space but rather God reminding us of our inability that Day. However, it is open to interpretation. The opinion I expressed is the traditional one, but it does NOT mean you're wrong (I've heard your opinion before too
)

Lastly, I agree that a lot of UFO/paranormal encounters can be explained as Jinn sightings/experiences since Muslims traditionally do believe that they are "interdimensional" beings who also exist alongside our society on this world.

The Quran says (15:16-18):
"And We have placed within the heaven great stars and have beautified it for the observers. And We have protected it from every devil expelled [from the mercy of Allah ] Except one who steals a hearing and is pursued by a clear burning flame."

And, interestingly, Jinns do try to go out into the heavens (space) to spy on another interdimensional group (angels), but they are forced away by "clear, burning flames" (possibly meteorites that we see blaze through the sky).

So, yes, the Qur'an does subtly imply the existence of (intelligent) alien life and it predicts space travel (according to some interpretations). It also ties in the Jinn and Angels to what is occurring in space, although our limited eyes cannot really see what's going on.

Islam doesn't outright say there are aliens or there aren't. It leaves it open, and this makes sense because in the end, it's only a side issue in Islam. The purpose of the religion, and the Quran, is to help mankind develop a relationship with its Creator. This extra possible hint of aliens is just a side issue (a really cool side issue).

Sorry for the immensely long post. I hope you guys actually read through it. Thanks again for the topic--it at least got me thinking more about the awesome literary uniqueness of the Qur'an when examined in its true Arabic (a miracle indeed).

[edit on 30-7-2010 by muftanan]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
P.S. Don't get me started on Yajuj & Majuj (Gog/Magog). We Muslims believe they were an extremely violent, corrupt group of people banished by an ancient emperor known as Dhul-Qarnayn. This emperor locked them away using a "wall of iron sheets and molten copper." Before the Day of Judgment, Muslims believe Yajuj and Majuj will break through this "wall," returning to our modern world and wreaking absolute chaos. Also, it is said their numbers will be so immense that they will pour out across entire fields and when they drink from a lake, it will end up dry. They will be defeated when Jesus, who will return to lead the Muslims in the End Times, will pray to Allah to save the world from these people.

I always thought it was possible that they could be a group of humans sent out into the depths of space by Dhul Qarnayan (assuming he was technologically far more advanced than us), and one day this group (gog/magog) will return. Kind of a stretch, I know, but the hadith leave it open to interpretation since it is a sign of End Times, and we humans have mostly explored the Earth and found no trace of them.

Their story is found in the Quran and hadith.

quran.com... and quran.com...

And again, thanks for this thread... a nice oasis from all the religious hate and political madness here...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

I agree with all that you said except:

And another point on ayah (55:33-34), I think the challenge is directed at us when we are resurrected on the Day of Judgment and we realize we have no power at all to escape from Allah when we will finally face our deeds and hold account for our lives on Earth. I don't think these verses are a challenge to explore space but rather God reminding us of our inability that Day. However, it is open to interpretation. The opinion I expressed is the traditional one, but it does NOT mean you're wrong (I've heard your opinion before too )

Yes it is related to the day of judgement, but also related to our arrogance, thinking that if we are in far reaches of this Universe we can hide from GOD, and avoid the judgement day.

I read it in that sense, but that is my interpretation.

Thanks for your thoughts, and the explanation of "heavens and Earth". Great read non the less.

oz

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I agree with your point on human arrogance. I'm not trying to say your interpretation was wrong in the least. It's just I've learned from my studies that the verse mainly refers to events on the Day of Judgment. That being said, I believe that the Qur'an is extremely deep, and always allows for more than one simple interpretation, so yours is also correct, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

I remember Yajuj and Majuj since I was a kid, my mom telling me those stories. It fascinated me as a kid.

Those stories, I never pursued to understand its origins, and still don't know its origins, now you brought it up, I will definitely read through the links. Thanks for that.

And not to mention other stories of the Quran my mom told me as a kid, like Solaiman, and how he could speak to animals etc.

Man I miss my childhood now, that innocence is something we could all use

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I know what you mean, my friend. I envy the pure, carefree lives my little nieces and nephews are living, lol. Your threads are wonderful by the way. Too many people pass off the Qur'an as just another book, or they read a flawed translation and find some small part they don't like. But proper analysis of it (with a sincere intention) will open a vast new world of knowledge for the reader.

top topics

join