It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some of the immigrants leaving??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
First and foremost, this is NOT a bashing immigrants thread...it is a common sense question thread to ask the simple question "If the immigrants are legal, then WHY would they be bugging out of Arizona?" ...Think about it, if they are here legally then fine...stay!! You are welcome to our wonderful America and what she fairly offers you for your FAIR effort in becoming a citizen...BUT!! After watching a few sideline stories (empathy stories) on some immigrants leaving before the Arizona law goes into affect...WHY would they leave??? Could it be because they only want what may be offered for free under illegal immigration status?? I mean, really...why would they leave instead of making the effort to BECOME a legal citizen?? WHY bug-out when all Arizona is trying to do is get rid of the free-loaders?? If you TRULY want to become a citizen...THEN DO IT!! All good things come from risk and effort to make it happen....We don't want you to leave, we just want you to pay into our system that you use as an illegal citizen that is pulling the rest of us down in taxes, healthcare, etc...I understand that they want the best for their children as ANY mother/father would...but WHY didn't they make the effort to go through the process?? Ahhh, could it be that they are caught in a situation where they will be REQUIRED to pay taxes, and healthcare for themselves by becoming a citizen?? In that case... then GO!! Go back to your own country, Ireland, France, Canada, Mexico.....My point in rattling these countries is to show this is NOT about Race...I don't care WHAT country you're from, be a LEGAL, PRODUCTIVE American citizen, or GO HOME!!! The situation is truly just about freeloaders on my tax dollar!!! And to those who have worked and raised their family here, while becoming a citizen...MORE POWER to you, and Thank-you for your contribution to our country

[edit on 28-7-2010 by rockhndr]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Seriously, I DO feel for the children who will be uprooted and moved...as a mother (I don't care WHERE you're from-being a mother is a selfless "want the best for your kids" kind of act) we ALL try do what is best for our children...but help me understand WHY they are in fear of being here LEGALLY....I am in NO position to judge, but just sincerely want to know WHY they would come here to give their children what they feel is freedom and good education....yet, are unwilling to do so through the system...just help me (and others) understand??

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the biggest reason I can figure is
that the families are mixed.
By mixed I mean some family
members are legal and others are
not. They are leaving so they can all
live together without fear of half of the family
being sent out of the country.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I understand what you are saying, Boondock...but am confused as to WHY the family members who are not....wouldn't go after legal status??

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

As far as I know there is no way to become a citizen once you've broken the law and entered the country illegally. Citizenship must be applied for before entering the country.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Many who come here have no allegiance to America. They don't care about learning the language, customs, history, etc. They're opportunists.

Dems want the potential votes (amnesty)
Repubs want the cheap labor
Businesses want the extra dollars
Banksters want a North American Union & end of U.S.A.

top topics

join