It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Site Falsely Quotes Obama / Posts Misleading Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I found this site which is falsely quoting Obama. This is outrageous!

"It seems like every time I turn on my computer, another goddamn MoveOn.org e-mail pops up," said Obama, noting that this is the third message from the progressive online organization he has deleted in the past week. "How many of these things am I going to get?"

click here to see the rest of the outrage:
theonion.com

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Ko-Dan Armada]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I didn't bother clinking on your link but "The Onion" is a well-known parody web site.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That site also claims that Dee Snider of Twisted Sister after decades of "Not taking it", was ready to "Take it".

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Oh really?

I was shocked because one of my threads was censored on ATS on the basis of my using a hyperbolic quote of Obama. I would like permission to parody politicians, too. Is there an agency I can go to at which I can apply to receive a License to Parody Politicians? Will I only be allowed to use parody to criticize politicians from one specific party? Some clarification would be helpful.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ko-Dan Armada

Oh really?

I was shocked because one of my threads was censored on ATS on the basis of my using a hyperbolic quote of Obama. I would like permission to parody politicians, too. Is there an agency I can go to at which I can apply to receive a License to Parody Politicians? Will I only be allowed to use parody to criticize politicians from one specific party? Some clarification would be helpful.

Start your own publication. Write a book. This site has rules and you broke
them.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is why your thread was removed. [Link]

You were more than likely informed of this in a U2U as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/103df935ab40.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It was on the internet, it has to be true. After all, that's how WW1 started.

second line for fluff....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ko-Dan Armada

Oh really?

Or you can go to comedy forums and parody politicans there instead of using false headlines on a site that's about serious discussion.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

new topics

top topics

join