It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fishermen pluck extremely rare two-toned lobster from the sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, isn't this a beauty.

It looks amazing. believed to be about 5 to 6 years old, the odds of finding it are astronomical, yet it was found.. I think, rather luckily.
It's things like this that bring into perspective how much we need to look after our environment as not only is it a lesson to us but it brings us a rare smile and sense of wonder too.

An extremely rare chequered lobster has been plucked from the seabed in Yorkshire by stunned fisherman.

The crustacean - dubbed 'Harley Quin' for it's bizarre red and black chequered appearance - is being analysed by marine experts who claim it is a rarity of 50million-to-one.

The lobster was found about 10 miles from Bridlington, East Yorks, by a fishermen, who passed it onto the Scarborough Sea Life Centre in North Yorks.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25fff96ed3e9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
looks like the paint job on my first car back in high school but this tasty lookin lobster prob smells way better than it did !!!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
woah, i completely misread. I thought it said they found a two TON lobster!
Still a cool find, it's amazing how many creatures we have yet to discover on our own planet.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That is quite the color combo..
Glad to see the fisherman turned it in
Still,... I can't help but wonder how it tastes

link   
lmao two ton lobster !!! that would be one hell of a party !!! ill bring the butter !!

link   
That is cool! He is going to have to get a name and start predicting ball games! My guess is that between him and the Octopus he wouldn't fair too well.

This Spring I found a bi-colored poppy out front. I grow them every year but this was the first bi-colored. It is interesting in that even the seedpod has a color split down the middle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/047f3912e26b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe it's just oil stained.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The lobster is photoshopped!

Just kiddin'

I see blue, yellow and brown/black. What a wild looking color scheme!

S&F!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Very cool.

It almost looks like some sort of genetically modified designer product.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Yeah, that's something we have to consider... just what was going on in the genes when this one popped out of it's 'shell'

Imagine the parents

Nemo kinda has nothing on this guy..

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I wonder if they're going to need to change the 50 million to 1 odds. There was the lobster caught in 2006 that looked half raw and half cooked - literally color split down the middle of it...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

And this one about half way down the page that's not only half blue and half black/orange - it's also half male and half female!

lobsterpot.com...

Regardless, they all look mighty tasty!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
maybe theres a underwater version of pimp my shell hosted by sebastian the crab and this is an exile O:

new topics

top topics

join