It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative currencies getting more attention in Michigan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by jfj123

I said pretty much doomed, not certainly doomed. Without any kind of jobs for this state for the people that live here, it's going to be difficult for Michigan to return.

oooooh pretty much instead of certainly....uhuh.
And at the end now you're saying it's just going to be difficult.
difficult = pretty much doomed ????? You honestly think they're really the same?

Every state may have it's ups and downs, but Michigan has been going down since the 70s.

Actually this statement is simply false.

You have Detroit which is a cesspool hell hole that should just be abandoned completely.

One city in an entire state. Yes detroit has many problems....most of them are because of their leaders.

The auto industry is just barely getting by,

The auto industry tanked in MI but is starting to make a comeback, slowly but surely. Plants that were closed are re-opening. New plants are being built.

no one has any plans to make this state better,

Not true.

the candidates for governor read like a who's who of criminal industry.

Really? Like who?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
After all, Detroit isn't really a vacation destination kind of city. (unless of course your an urban survivalist or insane.)

"Ok kids, use the bathroom and grab your Kevlar. We're gonna have a real fun weekend."

"Hope we find some wild dog, Daddy."

"Me too, son."

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nesta
reply to post by no special characters

I really don't know if backing it with precious metals would be viable or not, but it needs to have value in any case. I'm sure there are many ways to attach value to the currency.

The only thing that is really needed is public demand, isn't it? After all, that's what gives gold and silver value -- general demand, and public acceptance.

That's what government tries to do artificially, through government money. They use law, and encourage spending to keep demand for it high.

But there are some people are looking for something other than gov't money to use as a medium of exchange.

This is one reason government slipped that law into the "healthcare bill" that requires people selling gold coins to keep records of transactions. The Federal State knows the underground economy is growing rapidly, and they are having a tuff time keeping a check on it.

<< 1   >>

join