It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ariz. Sheriff: I'll Jail Immigration Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ariz. Sheriff: I'll Jail Immigration Protesters

www.newsmax.com

The sheriff of the most populous county in Arizona says he's "not going to put up with any civil disobedience" when the state's new immigration law takes effect.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio says that if protesters want to block his jail, he'll put them in it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We could have some action tomorrow since it's tomorrow the law takes effect.

Jailing people for CRIMES is alright but jailing people for civil disobedience and protests is UTTER BS.

Joe Arpaio, being a big corrupt and fascist individual will probably as always, abuse his power... and nothing will be done about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against illegal immigration, but arresting people opposing the law lawfully should be left the hell alone.

It seems it was already posted on breaking political news.

Sorry...mods you decide.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

He said that if protesters are blocking his jail he'll put them in. What's wrong with this? Nothing. If the protesters are blocking the jail then they are obstructing justice.

There's no laws against protesting. It's when law enforcement and emergency workers are interrupted from performing their duties is when it becomes ridiculous.

The correct thing to do is that if they're blocking the jail is mow them down with 5.56 mm's.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
arrest them too, they're probably illegal anyways.

Why would someone protest this law unless they are illegal themselves, or they have family that are here illegally, or maybe theyre just a POS puppet POTUS that is looking to easy votes to further ruin this country.

Either way i dont see these people as americans.
p.s. Try losing the mexican flag when marching here in the US for amnesty.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by Vitchilo

He said that if protesters are blocking his jail he'll put them in. What's wrong with this? Nothing. If the protesters are blocking the jail then they are obstructing justice.

Don't you mean obstructing injustice? Arpaio isn't known for justice. He is known for injustice. If someone is blocking the jail they should be removed and then only sent to jail if they go back and do it again. Otherwise you are both wasting taxpayer dollars and creating political prisoners.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As mentioned, there is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above link.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join