It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan oil spill blocked from media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Michigan oil spill blocked from media?

michiganmessenger.com

It’s looking like the oil spill from a pipeline into the Talmadge Creek in Calhoun County is going to be a replay of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in at least one respect — the companies, aided by the government, do not want the media to have access to take pictures and video of what is going on. The Michigan Messenger’s Todd Heywood is on the scene and was turned away from one of the primary sites by employees of Enbridge, the company that owns and operates the pipeline.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well once again it looks like big oil has struck agian adding to the list of damage to the earth. Funny how this smells just like BP and the GOM. From my point of view this all seems to be like a donino effect with devastating outcomes; floods, earthquakes, heatwaves, UFOs ect. Coincidence? We'll just have to wait and see.

michiganmessenger.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SelfmadeGME
From my point of view this all seems to be like a donino effect with devastating outcomes; floods, earthquakes, heatwaves, UFOs ect. Coincidence? We'll just have to wait and see.

From my point of view all of this is a stage for something BIG to many coincedences involved in my opinion and this has corruption written all over it. My gut response is telling me that this has been orchestrated in order to bring in a new system possibly devalue the dollar completely and create super powered oil companies by merges and take overs.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I doubt it was a blackout, I heard of the spill because I caught it on the local news here in Grand Rapids, so I think the reason he was told to go away was either there was a danger to himself or his crew through fumes, chemicals or other hazard, or simply because he was being a typical news reporter and being too pushy/nosey or in the way.

Just my thoughts.

King

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Boom! I was just thinking about this scenario recently.

When the system and all of its subjects (people), have become so set in and dependent on its/their destructive ways, which are not sustainable, sure to fail and sure to destroy the quality of life (such as oil use, consumerism...), how do you go about changing it/them?
Isn't it true that the only time people move to take action, and/or are willing to accept change, is in dire situations where there seemingly is no other option? IE. Catastrophe's, Wars, Economic meltdowns...? So then the question becomes, how do you manufacture such situations to create this change, but also keep consequences minimal? Do you not allow Katrina, 9/11, BP Oil Spill, and Housing/Economic type crisis to happen, and then exaggerate its consequences so people have no choice but to take notice and action? Is the media not the perfect tool for doing this? Is this why we are being bombarded by terrible news consistently? Is this not a warning that it is time for us to step up to the plate and take a swing at revolutionary changes? Or is this merely a sign that TPTB are trying to oppress us and make us feel powerless, allowing for them to grab hold of more power? Hmmm....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This just makes me so angry. That's a beautiful river. I used to canoe it a lot when I lived in Michigan. I hope the damage won't be too horrible.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SelfmadeGME

If you are really concerned call Tim Dowd, at the Port Huron Times Herald. He is the Publisher and will cover any major story in Michigan.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
All the news programs from Cadillac to Grand Rapids are covering this story with a brief report with a few details and short video clips showing a couple points of view including from above. No real blackout of the news around here in central west Michigan, however, I feel we aren't getting the whole story. From the gulf spill, we can see how the facts can be adjusted, so I suspect we aren't getting accurate information either.

Edit: They gave a little more in a report just now saying that the pipeline runs from Indiana to Ontario Canada. That must be straight across Michigan and that's a lot of pipe that can possibly fail in the near future.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by MichiganSwampBuck]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
All the news programs from Cadillac to Grand Rapids are covering this story with a brief report with a few details and short video clips showing a couple points of view including from above. No real blackout of the news around here in central west Michigan, however, I feel we aren't getting the whole story.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by MichiganSwampBuck]

I live in Grand Rapids and I have been thinking that too. Although maybe there isn't much to say. And I wonder if the folks in the news media aren't thinking that the BP story milked the "oil spill" topic already.

But I have been thinking that this is an awful lot of different oil "accidents" in a short time, between the BP thing, the tug boat, and now this pipeline in Michigan.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh, man. And now I see this at WOODTV.com in the breaking news banner:

Oil spill news conference canceled, Reason why isn't immediately clear

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I just wanted to add this page that I found... It contains information on the response to the Michigan Oil Spill.

www.response.enbridgeus.com...

top topics

join