It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Alien Looking Places On Earth!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It just amazes me to realize that we have many more places like this on Earth. From mineral baths to the most pristine of locations, it just amazes me as to how many more places like these have not been discovered yet. I know of a place like that not too far away from where I live. The place is called Cranberry Glades and it is home to several species of plants rare species of carnivorous plants. It is also home to the Red Maple, the black ash, and the pitch pine. These trees are not common for the Alleghenies but are mostly found in the Canadian Wilderness.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Great thread
Always up for some good eye-candy!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Nice, now if we could find pics above the Roraima plateau, the oldest place on earth.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I want to visit all of them, especially the Blue Lagoon.

That must be amazing.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Nice thread Jess_Undefined! *I've* never seen all those pics before either, so it was nice to see that you brought em up.

Don't be discouraged about the *2* posts griping about your thread. Remember: On almost EVERY ATS thread (or elsewhere on the internet) even the really cool ones; they WILL get a couple people who feel the need to complain about something, so they WILL choose *your* thread to do it in. LOL
The world is full of strange alien looking places, as well as human beings who come along and try to destroy it. Much like the people who have found whatever reason it is to come in and destroy your thread!

Woops! That was way too long. S&F btw.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Absolutely LOVED the thread.

One place I would really wanna go to, is The Blue Lagoon. Probably because I read that the water averages 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

I personally do not like to go in a pool, if it is not around 89 degrees, lol. I'm always the first one to get cold.

Anyways, back to the thread; as I said I love the thread, and I would look forward to going to some of these places.

Thnx

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Scope and a Beam had a nice thread on this subject, with more pics at his/her thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

tigrepelvar5.wordpress.com...

Why is it that whenever somebody makes a "10 ___ on Earth!" thread, it gets a ridiculous amount of stars and flags despite it barely being conspiracy related? I mean, I like scenery as much as the next guy, but this is ATS.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Shut up already man. It isnt about flags. And it fits perfectly into ATS because the places look like they belong on other planets. So go away.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Why is it that whenever somebody makes a "10 ___ on Earth!" thread, it gets a ridiculous amount of stars and flags despite it barely being conspiracy related? I mean, I like scenery as much as the next guy, but this is ATS.

This just shows that you really haven't a clue what ATS is all about. It is far, far more that just a simple conspiracy theory site. If you don't know that, and you can't see that, perhaps it is you who is on the wrong site....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

As shown by my previous post, you plagiarized your material, so no, I won't shut up. Most of the pictures you have posted were taken from the wordpress site, not to mention that the order in which you presented them was extremely similar.

If a moderator wishes to come in this thread, correct me, and show me why I'm mistaken, then by all means.

reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Just because ATS has been about Top 10 threads, one-liners, superfluous thread titles in the BP Oil forum, and failed doomsday predictions, it does not mean I have to embrace it. ATS is what it is to you, and it is what it is to me, and neither one of us is going to leave because we told the other to do so.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
just ignore SonicInfinity...

idk why but the Stone forrest made my eyes light up. it looks very surreal.. maybe a place i would make a movie or atleast a scene, also like The Dry Valleys of Antarctica another place that would be cool to make a video. lol whenever i see places like this i think of filming a video idk why ha

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

thank-you jess. appreciate all your gifts and the fruits of this marvelous planet we live on. your photos are a great reminder, there is a god!!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I usually like your posts! You've surprised me here, and in a BAD way.

This hurts!
It's like asking one of my favorite anime charaters to dissapear!

The mods have been spoken to, I'm almost positive, and there is NO proof of conspiracy here from the OP to re-create someone elses work thus far. Sorry that your wish hasn't been acted upon according to your request.

Now, As the OP stated in response to you already "Go away". If you won't do this, then you're just being a troll, period. keedoke?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I would sincerely like to see each of those locations once in person before my life on this planet comes to an end. Beautiful photos and interesting information. I hadn't heard of literally any of these places before.

Thank-you for expanding my knowledge of the world slightly.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Has this stuff been on here before? I found this but it's censored through work so can't see it
Deffo seen these pictures a million times on a forum before, maybe not this one. Lovely pictures though.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Has this stuff been on here before? I found this but it's censored through work so can't see it
Deffo seen these pictures a million times on a forum before, maybe not this one. Lovely pictures though.

Yes, there were several pics on that webpage that were also shared here in this OP. Not ALL were. Also, the text was not stolen from other sources. The PICS are PUBLIC, theres nothing here that was plagiarised. GET OVER IT.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Those pictures were just amazing OP. You get a S&F for refreshing my mind, nice thread. We haven't explored all of the places on earth yet, So stop thinking about universe and focus on earth for the moment........

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The Wave

The Wave is located in the Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness of Arizona, near the Utah border. Like Antelope Canyon, the hypnotizing formation is made of Navajo Sandstone. Because of the delicacy of the environment, the Bureau of Land Management limits access to only twenty permits per day.

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia is the world’s largest salt flat at over 4,000 square miles. It is a major breeding ground for pink flamingos, and has multiple hotels built of salt bricks.

Antelope Canyon

Antelope Canyon is located on the Navajo Reservation near Page, Arizona. The unique erosion of the Navajo Sandstone is formed mostly from flash floods, giving the canyon its stunning appearance.

Racetrack Playa, Death Valley, California

\

Racetrack Playa is a seasonally dry lake in Death Valley National Park, California. The hot and arid landscape is home to a truly otherworldly phenomenon: the sailing stones. Ranging from small rocks to large boulders, these stones mysteriously move across the landscape, leaving straight, curved, and even zigzagged trails in their wake. Though many reasonable hypotheses have been offered, the action has never been witnessed in person, and there is still no absolute and verified explanation for these odd traveling stones.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
S&F
Very good post with lots of info and laid out nicely
I personally had no clue about any of these places. I'm going to look more on this.

by the way the blue lagoon would be nice to live 10 minutes away from, free huge hottub for everyone!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join