It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 dead in helicopter crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.newstime.co.za... th_of_7_killed_in_helicopter_crash/8183/

The chopper which was carrying five policemen - from the national intervention unit - a police pilot and a crew member plunged to the ground before bursting into flames in a field near Verena Road, about seven kilometres outside Witbank.

www.google.com... dbAsZ0YcKGpWigji7dWIAD9H7BPHG0

The wreckage of an Israeli military helicopter that slammed into a mountain in central Romania has been found and none of the seven soldiers aboard — one Romanian and six Israelis — appear to have survived, officials said Tuesday. The helicopter, a Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion, crashed Monday during a military aviation exercise in which crews are trained to fly at low altitudes. The joint exercises which were due to end on July 29 were suspended after the crash.

Now these are 2 completely seperate incidents. But both counted 7 dead and no survivors within days of each other. Isreal and South Africa, 2 countries which used to be very strong allies.

I don't have a ready made theory up, but it strikes me as odd. That's all.

I do subscribe to beliefs regarding numerology etc, and 7 in itself is an important number. Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I wonder how many helicopters are flying on any given day in the world.

All the sevens are odd, but if it is due to normal team numbers, then it is not such a big coincidence.

Interesting though and worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicenico

I can confirm that it would have been highly unusual for there to have been 7 in the police chopper. The SAPS have several Messerschmidts, which seats 5. Now it's a really strong machine, i sincerely doubt the weight would have been a problem, only the space.

MESSERSCHMIDT-BOLKOW-BLOHM MBB-BO 105-CBS

midafricam.co.za...

Image of chopper.

I have been in one like that, 7 crew would have been a squash, they were responding to a hostage situation in progress, hence the urgency i would guess.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Does that say Israeli helicopter in Romania. Interesting. Wonder why.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Does that say Israeli helicopter in Romania. Interesting. Wonder why.

Israel, the US and Romania are conducting a three-way military drill. It has not been picked up on in the MSM.

new topics

top topics

join