It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HD) NBC's 'The Event' - New President Commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Whats going on folks. Earlier this evening I was watching(well not watching, overlooking more like it) tv while a sports program was on.

In the middle of the commercials... I saw this....

I did 'just a little digging' and found this...

In the show "The Event", Laura Innes is believed to be playing the leader of the inmates at the Mount Inostranka Facility, a secret prison in Alaska. ChaCha!
source-www.chacha.com...

And this...

Something about a secret prison in Alaska. Is this a television show? Or somethin serious? It came from MSNBC..So I guess they might be trying to get ratings to watch this new show just like when the History channel did that show about The Missing Link.

Anyone have anything else on this?

btw- They say its 'not edited'... but in therecording at the end where he says "I am the President of The United States, I Need To Know"- does not sound anything like Obama.

Are their rating really THAT BAD?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The Event is an upcoming American conspiracy thriller[1] television series created by Nick Wauters for NBC. On May 7, 2010 The Event was officially ordered to series.[1] It will premiere Monday, September 20, at 9pm/8c. [2]

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

I am looking forward to this series! I want to know what the EVENT is

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
ALASKA
Wilderness - East of Anchorage. No roads, Air & Railroad access only.
Estimated capacity of 500,000 Elmendorf AFB - Northeast area of Anchorage -
far end of base. Garden Plot facility.
Eielson AFB - Southeast of Fairbanks. Operation Garden Plot facility.
Ft. Wainwright - East of Fairbanks

www.apfn.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Fema camps huh?

ON MSNBC!??!?

And the president "didnt know about this"?

Hell, All of ATS knows about this.

I surely hope they dont turn this into a propaganda campaign against those against illegal immigration.

But it is MSNBC afterall.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
www.nbc.com...

edited cuz I was corrected on who played
the role of the CIA Agent in that video spot.

The link above shows that same conversation
starting about 2:05 in.

Oops, my bad. I was wrong.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed a LOT of made for TV(propaganda tube) of recent events? Or possible future events like this one?

Like the one on the Lehman Brothers collapse. I did not even bother watching it, I would actually rather know the truth instead of the propaganda Hollywood is on high alert in spreading.

I am really beginning to wonder if the people that watch these things, think they are real.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I immediately recognized the voice of the "CIA agent". I recognize it from his role in Oz, and many others. He was the much-hated Govenor Devlin in Oz, the actor's name is Zeljko Ivanek. (Mouthful eh?)

The "Picture" you provided, actually shows him, as well as another familiar actress who I believe plays on one of the CSI spin-offs.

So, right off the bat.. it's not real, obviously. The recording isn't real, neither are the people, of course. I don't know what they're claiming with, "This hasn't been edited." Just some silly ploy to market the show, or are they claiming it's an unedited transcript being narrated by actors?

Shrug.

Show looks interesting though, at least the concept does.

Also, towards the end of the short clip, they reverse the 2nd E in the word "Event", which leads me to assume there is some sort of Russian origins involved in this conspiracy.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
The voice of the CIA Agent in that video is
about 99% sure it is of Hollywood Actor Tom Skerrit.

It's not, though it does sound like him. It's Zeljko Ivanek, he's in the picture in the OP, and he's on IMDB listed as being in "The Event".

Video of him speaking, there is some profanity:

Ironically, this is of his role as governor, in a show about a prison. Actors always have a penchant for following similar roles with the same themes.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I concur, it is Tom Skerrit. Viper in Top Gun. Lots of conspiracy shows coming out. I watched the preview for Rubicon it doesn't look too bad either.

I am definitely looking forward to the new season of Fringe. It's easily the best show I've watched in a few years. Great writing in that show and the Actor playing Walter couldn't be better.

Back on topic, I have seen this commercial on MSNBC a few times and will take a gander in September.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I hate this kind of marketing.

All it does it disappoint the viewer once they watch it.

MSNBC is getting desperate.

Boondock- I believe you are right. It probably is his voice, I will run it through my editing program and check frequencies while running an analysis of both voices (eventhough they will be slightly different because of audio quality at the time) I should still be able to tell if it is him, good ear BTW.

Edit-

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

lol, thanks for the leg work
and yes u r correct. I noted it
in my edited post above

But it really did sound like Skerrit
when I first heard it but then I saw
the video trailer and found out differently.
Great catch

Can't wait to see the event, however it will have
to be afterward as I don't get TV reception in
my home therefore I'll have to wait for hulu or
some other site to post it.

dang-it ... it looks really good.
I wonder what the event really is ???

Aliens???
what ???

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No problem, hah

He's one of my favorite actors, from a few of my favorite movies/shows. Was delighted to see him in this new show.

Like I said, they reversed the 2nd E in the trailer, so I think it's going to correlate to a shared-Russian conspiracy, maybe aliens, maybe something more practical.

There isn't any clear reason to reverse the E like that, but Hollywood and other folks do that just to give it the "Russian Essence", lol. I'm sure a lot of Russians scoff at it. Reversing the N's, is pretty common, even though the pronunciation doesn't match whatsoever.

The э is the "Z" equivalent to our alphabet, so you can see it has no meaning at all in the title.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
u guys just post stuff here without 5 min in google

thats tough man ...

first thing I thought about was a new show

I mean, come on. ...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

From my OP-

I did 'just a little digging' and found this...

In the show "The Event", Laura Innes is believed to be playing the leader of the inmates at the Mount Inostranka Facility, a secret prison in Alaska. ChaCha!
source-www.chacha.com...

And this...

Something about a secret prison in Alaska. Is this a television show? Or somethin serious? It came from MSNBC..So I guess they might be trying to get ratings to watch this new show just like when the History channel did that show about The Missing Link.
......................................................................................................

If you would just take 5 minutes to READ THE OP...You wouldnt be on here making yourself look like an ass.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You keep saying this show is from MSNBC.

MSNBC = Cable news.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

NBC= TV company.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.nbc.com...

Here is the show you are talking about,
www.nbc.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

thank you it was getting on my nervs

i think this show and adds are trying to generate more fear!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Thanks for the correction.

top topics

join