It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REINCARNATION, past life evidence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Edgar Cayce calls the place the 'Hall of Records'...the Akashic Records contain every instant of all lives, and is 'recorded' in this etheric continium.

Edgar Cayce causes me to re-examine everything there is, and everything I ever thought. He is an enigma and his case startling evidence of communication from not just one God as people think, perhaps no God per-se but from a panel of "knowers" who are located elsewhere.

It baffles me. Edgar Cayce was a very religious man and a faithful servant of God. Still his readings indicate something else altogether between us and God if there is even a God behind this group at all. I think they are helpful none the less.

Still, reincarnation is possible. I don't see how Edgar Cayce's communiques do anything to make reincarnation impossible.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Energy from the body gets consumed by mushrooms and worms.

Laws of Thermodynamics

Energy exists in many forms, such as heat, light, chemical energy, and electrical energy. Energy is the ability to bring about change or to do work. Thermodynamics is the study of energy. First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another.
The First Law of Thermodynamics (Conservation) states that energy is always conserved, it cannot be created or destroyed. In essence, energy can be converted from one form into another

In Eastern religions they compare humans and their soul to tea in a teacup. When the teacup breaks, the tea does not vanish. it just goes somewhere else. Perhaps you could say it goes into the ground. But then what is the worst that can happen there? You come up daisy's...and who doesn't like daisy's?

This was interesting too...

The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that "in all energy exchanges, if no energy enters or leaves the system, the potential energy of the state will always be less than that of the initial state." This is also commonly referred to as entropy. A watchspring-driven watch will run until the potential energy in the spring is converted, and not again until energy is reapplied to the spring to rewind it. A car that has run out of gas will not run again until you walk 10 miles to a gas station and refuel the car. Once the potential energy locked in carbohydrates is converted into kinetic energy (energy in use or motion), the organism will get no more until energy is input again. In the process of energy transfer, some energy will dissipate as heat. Entropy is a measure of disorder: cells are NOT disordered and so have low entropy. The flow of energy maintains order and life. Entropy wins when organisms cease to take in energy and die.

www.emc.maricopa.edu...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Actually I've studied this quite well. There is nothing special about the body's energy. And that's nice and all about the tea cup. but it does not prove a soul or anything special. Energy is in mass. And that mass gives off photons occasionally. It's E=mc^2. So it's a nice analogy, but it hardly does anything more than show E=mc^2, does in fact work.

And I don't think I'll get another shot at life. I think reincarnation is an excuse to push things off. Life is life. You're here, you do some stuff, then you die. In the end nothing you do is remembered and in time everything you ever did is forgotten, destroyed, or no more. Now I do believe in a soul and I am Christian. But I do not see any proof of the soul. And yes, I do know how this stuff works. There's nothing in the body that says there is a soul. As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in letting a being try life gain. You do not remember anything and you do not do any better. You make the same mistakes and 99% of the time you are indoctrinated into some system of belief.

If there is a model of what life is, Stargate provides the best example. Door is open for you by people who came before you and left it open for you. You can chose to walk through, or go on with life and die and be no more. Depressing, but makes much more sense than being stuck in an infinite loop error.

Not to mention that mathematically, everyone would have lived about 20 times since the advent of man. That's only if we stay human.

And if you think that we just become flowers or animals, that's even dumber. Logically speaking we should all commit suicide so that our souls live on, because we sure as hell are not going to go much further at the rate we are going. That infinite loop error has a very short amount of time left.

And finally, we all die in the end. So it could hardly matter. The Earth will end just as all things do. Then what? Will we just be chillin' in space without any more living things to occupy? What of when the universe has no more mass in the far off future? What of when there is only one planet in the whole of creation left? Are all the infinite souls of the universe suppose to occupy this one world? And when it goes, where do we go?

There are so many holes in reincarnation. And simply put. we would be damned to wonder an empty universe as nothing more than this invisible energy which has no proof of existence. Then what? Do we occupy photons and bounce into each other for all eternity? And if the big crunch happens, do we we just chill in that new universe for a few million years until the first little life forms form? Are we suppose to rush it and race for the cells? What, are we suppose to be photons wandering through the cosmos? What of those of us that get sucked into a black hole? Are we suppose to waste the whole of creation in there until the next bing crunch? better luck next time?

It's just ridiculous. I feel like I have a machine gun at this idea. It makes life ever more worthless and suicide ever more desirable. Skip the lot of it. Just Bounce into space, kill yourself, and you don't have to trouble yourself with living worthless cycles of life. There will be no life to fall into from that teacup if you are in space.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

It's just ridiculous. I feel like I have a machine gun at this idea. It makes life ever more worthless and suicide ever more desirable. Skip the lot of it. Just Bounce into space, kill yourself, and you don't have to trouble yourself with living worthless cycles of life. There will be no life to fall into from that teacup if you are in space.

This I will take as one mans opinion. And it is very good. Well thought out, even believable. You remind me of someone I know and love.
All I have to add is: We will know when we're dead.

The only sad thing is I might lose my present irrepressible desire to say "I told you so" in that space and time.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Looking back at it I want to say sorry if I sounded rather angry as I was typing while distracted and probably made more of a rant than a discussion. Sorry about that.

I have a problem with my brain in that it is essentially goo. it flows into an idea and looks through all the negatives, always ignoring any positives. It's not until later when I look back that I realize this.

Anywho, I have had experiences, or rather, two experiences, of being ousted of my body. Once in a dream where I had no flesh, and I was formless, as I mentioned, and another time when I was getting a hair cut and I randomly had like some sort of pop out of my body for only a few seconds. Like I was still looking and seeing, but it was not me who was looking. It was my body. I was outside viewing my body. And oddly enough my body talked and had a rapid decay or respect and civil behavior, growing increasingly brute-like by the second. Only a few seconds and I bounced back in and stopped the decay. This made me believe my soul does, in fact, retain a form and an identity and is the source of universal reason. The flesh creates emotion and animal instincts.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The only part I find hard to believe is that we live in the same city. Small workd.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join