It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House, CIA lawyers in dark before terrorist videos destroyed; evidence of obstruction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

White House, CIA lawyers in dark before terrorist videos destroyed; evidence of obstruction?

www.foxnews.com

When the CIA sent word in 2005 to destroy scores of videos showing waterboarding and other harsh interrogation tactics, there was an unusual omission in the carefully worded memo: the names of two agency lawyers.

Once a CIA lawyer has weighed in on even a routine matter, officers rarely give an order without copying the lawyer in on the decision. It's standard procedure, a way for managers to cover themselves if a decision goes bad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
These tapes were destroyed because crimes had been committed on them. Damn right the public would get upset and livid once these torture tapes hit the public domain. This would ad more fuel to the muslim terrorists' fire, more hate for the US in the middle east. One man took it upon himself to go against his superiors, direct White House orders, and delete tapes. Was Rodriguez given a backroom deal to be a martyr, to take the fall and he would be provided contract work far exceeding his pay?

I am SICK of there being two sets of laws in this country. If you or I had destroyed documents of this magnitude or even less, we would have been in jail awaiting our trial. This guy gets paid as a contractor while the government decides if they should pursue criminal charges.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yep. They're going to get away with murder.

Remember all the things erased in Able Danger? I'm sure that was incriminating as hell too.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I have not heard of Able Danger before. I suppose its something I will have to Google. It Angers me very much how these slime balls get away with anything and everything, get rewarded for breaking the law and violating public trust and it just gets swept under the rug.

top topics

join