It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If invited to leave Earth, would you ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The premise is this:
Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.
Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

The only catch is, you can never return to Earth.

Do you go anyway, or do you stay.

A 3rd option, i am curious about is how many would go, but only if they could return to Earth.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would like some more details before i go .Will i be kept in a cage as a pet ?will i have my own flying saucer to explore their planet?Will there be hot alien chicks with three breasts?I'm not signing anything until i see the itinerary.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

Yeah...I would probably go...if I was getting good vibes from them that'd be enough for me to risk enslavery...but not being able to come back...doesn't that mean you're enslaved? Why can't you just leave them and come back home if you don't like their planet?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Only if they let me take my son with me. Then I wouldn't have a secon thought about leaving this hellhole.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If the majority of people left, then I would probably stay here.

I like the planet.

[edit on 26/7/10 by sandri_90]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
No hesitating, take me now!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Everyone here has already left the "Real Earth", so what's the difference?

Of course I would go, but what I would really like is to get back to my original Earth, where I was born instead of this simulated holographic world. I want to go home.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think given my current circumstances and providing I could take the family with me that would be a YES

As for not being able to return to this planet, right now I couldn’t care less about it. as long as I was well treated and allowed to travel where do I sign.

Looking at a couple of hundred years to explore the wonders of this universe would be great just think of the truly wonderful things we’d see out there.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I'd definately go just for a chance of being able to explore space

And if they did enslave me then trading corporate slavery on Earth for slavery on an alien planet doesn't seem that bad, at least it's something new on the alien planet, not that I'd allow to them to enslave me anyway

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yes as long as i got to see a "brochure" of the place before hand

Aswell as having my own transport so i could visit family and friends as and when i felt like it

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Nope have too much left to do down here. I have seen but a tiny portion of this world and met even fewer of it's inhabitants. I also have alot of work left to do to improve this planet for future generations.

I would like to go in the last few years of my life though, suppose it depends on the alien's itinerary.

That would be a good way to bow out, leave this Earth, then leave this plain of existence.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

I would go with them in a shot, I am a massive hitch hikers guide to the galaxy fan so the idea of living life like that would be pretty cool. Leaving earth i could cope with, i have seen enough of the earth to know what we’re all about. I think my friends and family would support me on this quest, even if it meant never seeing me again. Shame its not going to happen.....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
it all depends on the tax-laws on the other planet but since they could never be as bad as here in Germany, I'd almost surely go!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by droneonline]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If they are friendly i would go if only my son would go. If he doenst i stay, cause i will go there anyway when i die.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Probably not,my place is here on earth.

if it was say a 5 year trip then yes ,but i would like to return to earth :3

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Don't forget your towel

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In the instance that longevity and so forth were bestowed upon me, on the understanding that I could never return to Earth... no. If they said, "you will live till the very universe in which you live collapses upon itself but you may not return home"... yeah sure. No question.
Heres why I make that distinction. My family here on Earth (thats friends included) are just as much a part of me, as my brain, liver and other organs are. Just as important as my right arm. To give any of those things up, I would have to be renumerated with so much interest it would make the heads of lesser gods spin with envy. I would want time enough to investigate every even slightly interesting thing in the universe ... the small percentage that one could cover over a few hundred years is not enough, considering the sacrifice of never feeling the rain on my skin as I stare from a familiar shore, into the wind I have grown to love the feel of over the years. Without rewards such as cannot be truely imagined, I could not pay that price.
However, if I was asked to go on an intergallactic joyride and the alien told me "sure bub, get you back in a month or two" I would JUMP on the chance. The oppertunity to study , learn , and witness the functions of a star system without computer aid , and without the interferance of an atmosphere would be a wild ride, heck, just being outside the atmosphere of earth would be a rush, but being outside the atmosphere in a craft which opperates physics in a way that most humans cannot comprehend would be quite literaly my childhood fantasy made real... You can bet that I would learn a lot from such a trip and would use any really useful information to the benifit of the human race, when I returned!
Win win!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I would probably take up on it. I would love to take my family too but at the same time wouldn't take them with me. Imagine that they enslave us. I would never be able to live with myself. Specially being able to live for a couple hundred years? That would be torture to see your family enslaved b/c you wanted to "explore".

Also, what about food? Who knows what aliens eat. Then, you should also ask yourself why would they extend that offer to an average Joe. I would think that they'd want one of the brightest mind this planet had to offer if exploring was the real reason.

If I wasn't happily married with two beautiful kids I would definitely jump on it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I would definitely go on as embassador, though I do not see the point if I am to come back to help my planet evolves into higher spiritual awakening. That would definitely be an amazing journey.

Where do I sign?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join