It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kadhafi wants to start another USA puts up 90 billion in investment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What if Kadhafi gets his wish and starts a US of Africa? Kadhafi and the Senegal president wants a single currency and federal army. Will this help with the wide spread poverty and terrible sanitation standards/disease or would it end up like the soviet union or china?

www.chicagoinquirer.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well someone has to do something about this region. It's not resource poor and could sustain itself if there was some stability. That's what's lacking and there are some very stable countries that are in this "union" now. From the source:

Kadhafi has often expressed a desire to see a United States of Africa and created the CEN-SAD trade bloc, which has it headquarters in Tripoli, in February 1998.

The bloc includes 29 African countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, the Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Libya, Kenya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Sudan, Togo and Tunisia.

Some Commonwealth countries too if they can get something moving in the right direction. A bridge to the western world?

*crosses fingers*

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
yes please,

bridge to the western world?
just not in my backyard in the european union we have enough of these people
i would suggest Kadhafi makes a huge sea highway into united states that be much better, if united states can not accept such a move, lets call them undemocratic and fascists, you can all do what you want again just leave us the European union alone ! thank you Mr Kadhafi and who ever supports this idea

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, they already have the African union, and they have been throwing around the idea of 1 African currency.

www.africa-union.org...

Personally, I don't think it would be a wise decision. Just look at what's happening with the Euro. Can you imagine what meltdown would happen in Africa?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I can't imagine how a true consensus of the people can be achieved in the current environment between cultures who will not tolerate each other.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
let's invade the USA...

Days later, how to explain your General you conquered the wrong USA

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenopathic Investigator

Africa is a resource rich environment with many fractured peoples.
With the promise of better times and security I imagine this could work.
I also imagine a United States of Africa could be a major player and a huge threat to the PTB.
I see a war on Libya in our future if this is the case.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Kwame Nkrumah dreamt of this. Marcus Garvey's vision in a nutshell.

Go Africa Go

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yeah since the first USA has worked out so well.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Another USA in Africa? I am all for it. The weather there would be so nice and the wildlife would be breathtaking.

I would move to a new USA if it was PURE free trade, and rights to defend oneself with whatever weapon he or she wanted. Oh and it would be ok for females to walk around topless, "female rights". And I wish that taxes would be limited to a 2 percent sales tax and nothing else.

Crime would only be prosecuted if it directly harmed another human being. And the only punishment would be 200 whip lashes or something, paid for by the 2% sales tax that could never rise above 2%.

Also in the new USA could they put in those highly reflective road line markers made by 3M so I can actually see where I'm going on the highways? Privatley funded of course .

I'm all for it. Anyone else?

This is actually a good Idea. Oh and I almost forgot, solid substances and liquid substances would be legal indefinitely. No matter what.

Greatest Idea I've read so far today.

top topics

join